Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wedding Videography
  • 299 Replies sorted by
  • Hello everyone, I'm new to PV though I've been reading it for a long time, and have found it to be such an invaluable forum. This is my second post and would like to introduce myself with those wedding videos shot on GH cameras... Cheers, Kai

Wedding in Jamaica (shot in 2012 with GH1 & GH2, won PDN Top Knots contest in 2013)

Wedding in Paris (shot in 2013 with GH2 & G6)

• This is my second wedding. GH2+Voigt25mm+slrmagic12mm, G6+14pancake.

Grade with the awesome ColorGhear ;)

• Guys, how many weddings you do in a year?

• @Glenn7 We only do 12 a year but would like to do more, but it is just part time.

In our area, i dont think there are enough guys and we have to say No more than yes

• We only do 12 a year but would like to do more, but it is just part time.

And how many you need to make it the only job?

• probably about 70! We enjoy it too much to turn it into necessity driven

• 120-150 per year.

• 120-150 per year.

Ouch.

@act

Can you make calculation how it'll be from economical POV?

• That's around 12 weddings a week??

• There is potentially about 180 days for wedding and bar-mitzvas in Israel. Unfortunately there are too much photographers too, so price competition is very hard. Regarding DSLR's era not only price competition became important for clients. Internet teach the clients that quality of photographer worth asked price. We in Israel dreaming make only 1 wedding at week but for x5 price. I try every wedding make my best, and different. So I have not emotional problem with conveyor line.

• @act All my respect :-)

• @act

Can you show calculation and show how it is organized to have few free minutes per day?

• Some economics facts:

1920, there were 92.3 marriages for every 1,000 unmarried women. In 2012, there were only 31.1 marriages for every 1,000 unmarried women.

Marriage rate has fallen by an astounding 60 percent since 1970 alone.

Back in 1950, 78 percent of all households in the U.S. contained a married couple. Today, that number has declined to 48 percent.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/the-economics-of-marriage

• 11.30 driving to bride's preparation, parking.
    12.30PM: last hours of bride preparation video photo session,
    3.30PM: groom and bride meeting,
    4PM to 6.30PM: outdoor photo/video session (there is always good weather in Israel, but very hot at June-October),
    7PM: Reception at events garden or hall,
    8.45PM: ceremony (same place),
    9.30PM to 2AM: dancing party (same place),
    2.30PM to 4.30PM: back up footage and charging batteries. Few minutes for food:
    8PM;10.30PM. Small wedding 250-350 guests, average 350-450, large wedding 450-800 guests.

Three events to week average over the year, vari: at winter two, may to September it can be five at week. Two periods at year with no religious wedding: after Passover/Easter and September/October Jewish New Year.

• And how many you need to make it the only job?

I've been shooting weddings part-time as an independent contractor for a company, and from what I've noticed and calculated... if you're booking 2-4 jobs a month... you need to charge about $3500-$4500 for a package to make it viable as a career. Now, getting into the client circle that will pay that much? That's the hard part. But it exists...