Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wedding Videography
  • 299 Replies sorted by
  • @konjow yea sorry. in the middle of an edit right now and not thinking straight!

• This is my first wedding video with a GH3 + Pana 20 1.7 + Oly 45 1.8

• how did u get the rights to the Aerosmith tune?

• Here is a demo reel compiled of 3 weddings for my wedding videography company in Canada.

Shot with Hacked GH1, GH2, Panasonic AC90 and Sony NX5U

• @tylerknight Really enjoyed that. Great shots

• Interested to hear peoples thoughts on aspect rations they choose for their wedding videos and why. It seems the common format is either 16:9 using the full screen or 2:35.1 with the black bars at the top and bottom for a more 'cinematic' feel.

I wonder what determines peoples choices in aspect ratio, is it the venue?, the look? or is it simply a style that they like and they use it no matter what.

For me personally I seem to be using 2:35.1 a lot lately, but I am starting to think I am wasting valuable screen space by doing so. As soon as I start shooting full screen at 16x9 I feel my footage loses that cinematic quality and looks very amateurish..

your thoughts please..

• @Sph1nxster Thanks a lot I appreciate it.

@Imackreath the video above is the first wedding video that I decided to use the cinemascope bars to give a cinematic feel and it made a huge difference.

I feel that my films were always cinematic but still had that look of being video. This along with grading goes a long way I think and is a tradeoff for the reduction of screen space. You just need to shoot with the framing in mind!

• First Slow Motion Wedding booth for this year's wedding season with GH3 60p and twixtor

• Shooting ceremony

• Hello everyone. Maybe this has been already discussed somewhere in the forum. But I'm new to this: how can I easily give away the final job on a flash usb drive, in addition to dvds and blu ray? I mean a flash drive to be inserted in a modern Tv. My workflow actually ends up in Encore, where I create menus and burn the blu ray, and build dvds (transcoding to SD). The files I load in Encore come from Premiere in .m2v and .ac3 for audio. Shall I change the whole workflow? I read about mkv format, but can I obtain it from my workflow? Thank you for helping

• I read about mkv format, but can I obtain it from my workflow? Thank you for helping

If you have Blu-ray files you better just use some converter that could make MKV out of it.

• Thanks Vitaliy, I'm now converting .m2ts files to mkv using the wondershare video converter. Infact, after exporting to a BD folder, I get separated files for each title of the blu ray, plus a video file for each animated menu. Next step: I would like to create a sort of menu which can autorun on smart tvs, allowing a small and simple selection of scenes, just to choose which file to play and so on. How can menus or scene selection be added to a mkv file (or folder)? I also might need a free and simple player which works on smart tvs, allowing menus... Is that possible?

• Next step: I would like to create a sort of menu which can autorun on smart tvs, allowing a small and simple selection of scenes,

Won't work. Best you can do is to make HTML with lot of gif files so MKV will play after click.

• Ok I will try. @Vitaliy you are kind to answear at every single question of every single user! As for Html, I remember we have an option in Encore which outputs a .swf flash file... I wonder what happens on smart tvs

• I wonder what happens on smart tvs

They'll become Android TVs :-) I have one, for example, Android 4.2, can install any app from Google Play, like good video players or games.

• Not videos, but...

http://www.y-s-a.ru/

nikon_v30.jpg
    800 x 476 - 132K
    nikon_v31.jpg
    800 x 480 - 110K
  • My latest, on GH2's

• I'm shooting rehearsals and interviewing the groom today, then tomorrow morning I'm driving an hour to film the wedding ceremony. It's my first so I'm super excited!!