Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Meetup: Los Angeles Area
  • Ok, looks like we might have the meet up locked down here. Looks like we're going to be at Big Wangs at 801 SOUTH GRAND AVE. LA, CA 90017 (don't let the name fool you, it's not that bad) on the 13th of Jul at 1PM. They offered to let us have the patio which might be nice but if it's a little hot, I'm sure we can move it inside. I'll throw up some money for some appetizer trays and a couple pitchers of beer but by no means expect anyone else to. I know some wanted to hold this at different locations and possible have some sort of speaker or viewing but some of us think it's better just to have an initial meet and great, then if all goes well and there's enough combined interest, look into other events down the road. Here's a poll to get a real headcount for the business on the 13th. If you could take a min and let us know if you plan to show, that would be great and a huge help.

http://www.esurveyspro.com/App/Polls/DirectPoll.aspx?id=22904

In terms of transpo, like I said before, there's two lots right across the street that charge $6 on the weekends and @Shian said the Metro let's off a couple blocks away which is pretty convenient.

Like we said before, if anyone wants to bring some gear that others might be interested in trying, go ahead and let us know. I'll bring my SLR Magic Cine set and Rokinon Cine set, though I just did sell the 14mm to one of our guys here. Maybe he'll bring it if anyone wants to try it. Thanks again and see ya'll on the 13th of JUL!!

• 231 Replies sorted by
  • Never gone to a meetup before, but I'd be down for one in LA.

• could use a meetup soon, thought i'd bump this thread in hopes of arranging something soon. i'm down in long beach, but am happy to come up to LA any time

• @shian Looking forward to it. :)

By the way, I'm looking into getting a venue for the classes, web series and lectures I'll be starting next year, so we might be able to use that in the future for one of the gatherings, too. It would be more like a normal "theater for plays" than a "theater for movies", though.

• I would totally host, but I'm so swamped right now. It's gonna have to wait till the end of Jan or maybe Feb. But I have some cool stuff and people planned. Some notable DPs, a Red Dragon, maybe a playboy bunny or 2. If I can pull this off, it should be fun, but it won't be in 2013.

• A poll sounds like a good idea. :)

If we were going to do it, here are some of the dates that look easiest for me at the moment.

13th or 14th 20th, 21st or 22nd

• Busy time of year! We can start a poll. I saw we just go trash @shian 's house!

• So does anybody have any thoughts on a December meet-up? :)

• @Greek_m43 Welcome to LA and a Happy T-Day to you too.

• Hey all, I just moved down to LA. Excited to meet you all at the next meet up.

• @VicHarris Sounds good. :)

@Vitaliy_Kiselev I'm not sure if you changed anything, but even though I didn't change anything, Vic's last update showed up properly both on my profile page and in my e-mail this time. So thanks.

• Well plan on doing something else here before the end of the year. Maybe in the Valley since we've been downtown and on the westside now, sort of.

• @Vitaliy_Kiseleve No, because they don't even show up on my "Notifications" tab on my profile page on this site unless my name is mentioned (even though all the updates in the Driftwood thread are showing up perfectly).

LALisa's last two updates don't show up at all (for instance). The ones that mention me do. And my star for the thread is highlighted.

• @thepalalias

Most probably topic title and contents make spam filter work.

• @VicHarris Okay, good to know - thanks.

@5ThWall I'm wondering about that. :)

@Vitaliy_Kiselev I'm getting updates from the other threads I'm subscribed to and I tried subscribing and unsubscribing to this one again without any luck. Here are the settings I have in my profile.

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 12.33.14 PM.png
    483 x 297 - 39K
  • @thepalalias sounds like a good time to change your alias :).

Good seeing you all last night and thanks for the pics @LALisa. Thanks, Vic @vicharris for putting this together!

• @thepalalias I've been receiving emails Per.

• @thepalalias

Check you profile settings. By default following means that you get email.

• Does anybody else have trouble with subscribing to the thread? I've got the star highlighted but I only get updates on my profile if someone mentions me.

• @LALisa Thanks for the pictures. :)

• Here are the stills I took with the ELPH 500 HS by Canon... Maybe it is time to think about using something else... I had a great time tonight with you all... Here is the link to all of the images I shot... https://picasaweb.google.com/100899032658405974953/GH2October262013?authkey=Gv1sRgCNzc4ZP_y4nAcg#

Again Thank you for two lovely evenings....

Kindest and sincerest warm regards...

L. A. Lisa

• Great to see everyone - and special thanks to Andrew and Vic!

I'll do another post later, but here's the music video I was talking about that mixed Red Scarlet, GH2 with CM Night (the 720P footage was shot 50P) and 1 or 2 shots of HV30 footage.

http://songwriter.revimage.com/channels/JoannaStClaire

• I got to Johnny's Pizza early last night before the gathering started. I enjoyed Stella Artois on tap while waiting. I am hoping to attend this evening. See you all there tonight... I did not see anyone from our first meeting at Wangs. This is a very nice room to meet in. I am going to upload Picasa images I took took with the little Canon ELPH 500 HS that lives in my purse. Sorry I did not get names to put with images... Here is the Picasa link not made public... https://picasaweb.google.com/100899032658405974953/October262013?authkey=Gv1sRgCKba8rXc07qbPA#

Kindest and sincerest warm regards,

Lisa J. Kassner

• @vicharris @thepalalias see you guys Saturday night.

• @thepalalias Roger that buddy, see ya tomorrow Per.

• All right, looks like I'm coming Saturday :) Thanks Vic!