Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cluster X: Series 1 - moon - ЅріzZ - nebula - drewnet - Slipstream
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @el_max Yep - However, if you check the bitrate compression in pTools 'patches for Testers' in Slipstream 2 you'll notice a difference :-) This sets up a higher coded picture buffer and if it neeeds it - more bitrate. :-)

• any intra-slipstream in the future?

• Ultra fast test of Cluster X Moon trial 5

Just shooted at my gilfriend having a Crepe in Camden (London). Sorry for the crappy handheld, just improvising in here.

All Standard -2 and no grading at all in post. Shooted with the softy Canon FD 24mm F2.8 wide open.

• This lill' creature gave me the 'slipstream' today. Even at 720p50fps squirrels just move like f*ck. 2nd/3rd pics shows a 720p50 iA mode recording screengrab from FCPX fullscreen/edit screen after being ClipWrap'ed to a .mov wrapper and imported. Cluster X 'Slipstream 1' working very well. :-)

Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 01.22.44.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 01.25.24.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 01.30.30.png
    1978 x 1226 - 1M
  • Shot this weekend using the Drewnet cluster X hack. The lighting was really bad so in order to get a reasonable DOF I had to crank it up to 1250 ISO. Im still happy with the outcome. I had no problems all day and I shot about 45Gb of video. I used a Voiglander 25mm (guessed focus). I shot at 1080 24p but by mistake I set the project in FCP X to 720 60p. For some reason it still looks ok so I left it.

• @appyinau That was downright enjoyable, thanks!

• Here are some samples of 80% and 60p from Moon.

• @bitcrusher That looks real good bitcrusher! Whick moon did you use and what is the music?

• @bitcrusher would you also share your in camera settings? your samples look really good and natural. thanks for sharing. @dgf I really like the plain look of Canon FD 24mm F2.8 on moon T5. Love FD lenses.

• @bitcrusher

Yeah, very nice. I want that what ever you got.

• hi guys, which hack would you suggest for first time hacking. Little info: i don't have ultra fast sandisk, i have transcend 64GB sd card.

Looking forward for your advices Thank you in advance

• Whoa @dado023, that's like asking for the location of the Saint Grial! Everyone has his favourites. I´m still loving all Sedna options, and I mean ALL of them. And Cluster v6 Nebula is really awesome.

But I would suggest to try them, and choose by yourself. Actually...try hacks is kinda funny.

@cjdincer...I love the FD ones too.

• @bitcrusher

There's something special about this footage! Tell me what music you have used?

• @dgf thanks for the response.

I am not sure how to make tests, but since you all have so much expirince, it would be great if you share some :) Well, i didn't mean to ask which one is the best, because there seems to be no best patch, but some patches are more suitable for some events and conditions, so i asked for suggestion, so you could tell from your own experiences, for example "if you have default lens 14-42 and shoot your family i would suggest xxxxxx" ...or something like that with arguments

thank you for your understanding

• @dado023. Transcend 64GB has speed of 20mb/s. For that card you can use Sanity 5.1 or if you want to use higher bitrate settings like Clusters, FM 2.02, etc..., you can use 24L, FH and H modes for general purpose recordings.

• After 3 days hardly working with Slipstream 1 at 50pHS and 24H at SDXC, today it frozen 1st time at SDHC 32GB(30) Sandisk at 24H with reminder of slowly memory card after 6 min 11 sec file size 3977.216. File not lost after battery was removed.

• I distinctly detected the main theme to Akira (the wooden drums that come in) in the video posted by @bitcrusher but didn't recognize the rest, though that last track kept making me think of the final piece on the 28 Days Later soundtrack.

• Got a chance to put some footage together using Moon Trial 5. The original MTS and Mp4 file is way better looking. All the blocky artifacts in the shadows look more like film grain in the original. Youtube compression sucks!

Thanks @Driftwood for making Moon!

• @bitcrusher nice! kraftwerk's best song

• @T1000 Looks good. Is that natural light?

• @willosaauur Thanks! Yes it is all natural light.

• @driftwood Could you please weigh in on this, I don't know the terminology to explain to these idiots how they are wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are. Here are two links:

And the discussion here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lumixgh2/354424601338759/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

• I moved from a new T4i to a second hand Gh2 and my movies got sooooo much better and i found it much easier to get a clean image. These guys are very wrong.

• Here is some info about that video.

I used smooth -2 on everything. Shot Variable frame rate 80% in L and 720P on all the slow mo stuff. Shutter speed 60 for the var frame rate and 125 for the 720.

Used the a kit 14-45 and a zeiss ZF 100mm, shot it all hand held. I wish I had a 14-150mm instead. I had a very fast on the turnaround less then 24hrs so there are a few mistakes that I just did not have time to fix.

I did a quick grade in resolve, nothing too crazy.

Music was NIN "Ghosts 28" mixed with a little bit of a squarepusher. Akira OST Nathan Fake "you are here" kraftwerk "radioactivity" Orbital "to heal"

I think I will be sticking with Moon for a while, this is the first time I have shot 720p for a long time moon seems to hold together ok.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters