Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Special deals: Matteboxes, ND filters, ND holders, follow focuses
  • 233 Replies sorted by
  • I want the trusmt matte box, I've already buy the FF V2 on ebay, it's very cool, simple to use.
    I can post some picture about the FF tomorow...
    Some one have a link for cheap and good 4x4 filters?

Tk
  • >But I don't see a link to buy the mattebox ...

This is better.

And why do you think you do not see the link?

Read this post again.
  • Hello,

I can read, funny ;-)
    But I don't see a link to buy the mattebox ...

Tk
  • @johnnydphan

Read first post. As I said, read very carefully :-)
  • >Now how much a one only rotating 180 degree filter affect the matte box experience for the cinematics?

It do not affect until you are using two polirazers or love graduated filters and constantrly adjust them.
  • Yes I think it would not be an issue for the rare occasion when you might have some light from below. Now what I would like would be some more feedback on both of them. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be able to get someone with both to compare. But thanks to Vitaliy we have these headache :-) If I am not mistaken the trumst one hood is in plastic and the cinematics all metal. But I am not sure. Now how much a one only rotating 180 degree filter affect the matte box experience for the cinematics?

The last thing, if someone can do little video, or written review would be nice, when they receive their matte box. The guy who did the video on the trusmt above sound so much like a sale brochure, it make me sick. When somebody start by telling that it will make your camera look!!!!!!!!!! more professional... I know that for many of us with the price of 4x4 filter that the matte box might be use as a glorified lens hood but with time you could get one buy one a set of filters and it would be nice to show how it would work as it should be.
  • I don't think the bottom flag is a big issue. I hardly ever use one. The lens is retracted in the matte box, and most direct light sources usually come from the top or side. If it ever becomes a problem, some blackwrap or photoblack should help....
  • I was thinking TrustMT too. But they only provide 3 flags. Why can't they just add an extra one??
  • Thanks Vitality for negotiating special deal for us.

From what I see so far is that Trusmt Mattbox D200MB2 has two 4x4 rotate filter tray ( Each filter tray can be rotated 360 degree which is the improvement compare to MB1 mattebox). For the price, I'd go for Trusmt mattebox as it packs more features than Cinematic mattebox.
  • Went with the Cinematics. Awesome deal! Thanks!
  • >As I tend to the Cinematics, how "bad" are the filterholders? Its hard to judge from the pictures - Vitaliy does it feel cheap or is there any major disadvantage to it?

They are pretty ok. Perfectly usable.

• Thanks Vitaliy for your great work!

Now I can't make up my mind, which one to choose, as they are nearly identical besides...

+ Cinematics has the U-shaped main part thats holds the mattebox onto the rails, which looks more sturdy and is easier to balance on a steadycam. That part is a better design over all.
    + Cinematics has this velvet inner side of the flags (not sure about TrusMT).

+ TrusMT has the better filter section. Both filters can be rotated for 360° together or independently.

As I tend to the Cinematics, how "bad" are the filterholders? Its hard to judge from the pictures - Vitaliy does it feel cheap or is there any major disadvantage to it?
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    maybe it would be useful for fence sitters, a list of pros and cons of both MBs.
  • TrusMT deal added to first post.
  • ok, I was talking about TrusMT.
  • @Rerbreg
    Where did you get idea about carbon flags?
    Cinematics do not come with carbon flags (only CF version of TrusMT come with them, but we won't have deal for it).
    Also I do not like idea of carbon flags. As it is too easy to terminally damage them.
  • VK
    How about carbon curtain? can be ordered with carbon curtain?
  • >Do they ship to US with free shipping?

Yep.
  • Do they ship to US with free shipping?
  • Vitaliy_Kiselev
    It is included. Four flags are shipped with mattebox.

it is cool )
  • Vitaly,

TRUSMT MB, I'm with you. I want to get it as well.
    Should I PM you?
  • @Roberto
    It is included. Four flags are shipped with mattebox.
  • I see from the photos there seems to be provision on the hood for a fourth French flag at the bottom. However I see no picture where such a flag is fitted. Where I live, we get as much stray light from below the lens as we do from above. (eg at seaside, 20% of light comes from sand or sea reflections).
    When shooting away from the sun, I want a bottom flag. Is it available as an option?
  • >TrusMT does not have vertical adjustment ? why in the video owner says the is?

TrustMT has small vertical adjustment. Only D200MB2 has it.
    This is why it is interesting and why I arranged a deal especially for it.
  • TrusMT does not have vertical adjustment ? why in the video owner says the is?