Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Special deals: Matteboxes, ND filters, ND holders, follow focuses
  • 233 Replies sorted by
  • >I wonder how you can assemble these things the wrong way? ;-)

Attach filter section from inside? :-)
  • I wonder how you can assemble these things the wrong way? ;-)

• >Looks like they have some kind of supply problem with the cinematics MB (and also a very strange way of sending emails 40-times).

Not the supply problem, but some guy wrongly assembled them :-)

As for email. Don't know that to say, as I got same 40 emails :-)

It is ok, shit happens.

• Looks like they have some kind of supply problem with the cinematics MB (and also a very strange way of sending emails 40-times).

I really hope they get sings sorted out soon and we alle get our matteboxes.
  • Hello,
    I'm new here but very interested in one of these MB. I'm currently filming with a GH1 with a bunch of Nikon primes (GH2 on the side since it has no 25P option).

I've been reading your thoughts about Cinematics and Trust. I have a ProAim Jumbo MB with French and side flags but what really makes me want one of these is the swing away option.

I'm inclined towards the second but any more thoughts on this will be very appreciated.
    Thanks
  • My TrustTM MB was shipped on August 5th via DHL.
  • Finally the seller emailed me. My Cinematics order will be shipped tomorrow.
  • öhm, no - just ordered it 2 days ago ;-)
  • @Psyco
    >Thats why the inside of the flags are covered with velvet

Yes, the Cinematics would be my choice for daily shooting too. (have you tested yours yet?)
  • @Roberto

Thats why the inside of the flags are covered with velvet - to prevent reflections from the flags itselfe.

(Thats another point why I choose the Cinematics, as it looks like the TrusMT don't have this feature. But on the other hand, its easy to add that yourselfe.)
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    As you said, it will just take some time:-)

To all the other, don't worry you will get a confirmation Email about the order.
  • @danyyel
    >the rare occasion when you might have some light from below..

There is almost always some light from below. It's just whether you have time to fix it.
    There are times when we have to shoot fast (sports, news). A bottom flag may slow you down.
    There are shoots where you have the time to pull out all the stops and shoot well (eg advertising).
    To get really high-quality (read: anal), it's like this:
    If you can stand in front of the camera from just outside the shot frame and you can still see the lens, then the lens is getting stray light. Move the flag or try a polarising filter.
    The two-edged sword of flags: If the *front* of a french flag is getting light on it, then that light might be reflecting into the lens! Solutions: move the flag, lose it or add another. -or try a bellows-type mattebox. Or even try fitting bellows onto a Cokin P holder: http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00YvxW
    (NB: older, uncoated lenses needed bellows when built. They still need them today)
    reflected_light.gif
    125 x 210 - 5K
    00YwhQ-373147584.JPG
    600 x 458 - 46K
  • Can the Panasonic LUMIX 20mm f/1.7 lens be used with the Cinematics Mattebox?
  • @marks
    @Psyco

Guys, be patient.
    They got your order, and will send order status soon.
    You must understand that they are not ebay seller.
  • I have bought the Cinematics too but I thought there will be no reply? Haven't got any kind of confirmation.
  • Anyone bought the Cinematics and received confirmation that they got your order? Been 2 days and I haven't heard a peep from them....
  • >I already have a matt box, can I purchase just the FF ?

You can try using ebay if you need T2, as this deal is for MB+FF.
    But you can always sell your current MB :-)
  • Hi Vitaliy
    I already have a matt box, can I purchase just the FF ?
    Thank you
  • @Proaudio4
    Check out the Shrigg Jig thread on this site. I'm a noob, but after looking at multiple $300-500 cages that comprise the 'low end', it looks like an amazing deal.
  • TrusMT makes cage size for gh2 ?
    already seen and read on website
  • where's a good cheap and good place to buy 4x4 filters? i usually always shoot at the lowest f-stop and use ND filters so i can open wide open. these matte box are very handy for dslr, since the nd filter option is not build in compared to the hvx200 that i own.
  • @proaudio4

I hope that in coming weeks we'll have few more deals. :-)
    I'll also soon be trying Weifeng stuff.
  • Vitaliy,
    Do you know of a good "cheap" :) cage, base and rails to use with this matte box?
    As you can tell, I need it all.
  • @titom666

We have it in TrusMT topic.
    You do not need to post this here.