Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
AVCHD: Extreme settings
  • 278 Replies sorted by
  • Like I wrote in Ptools topic : this is not pro test but I see constant behaviour after 34 frame. Look at picture. My settings are in zip file.6 GOP . All thanks to Chris and Vitaliy!
    Michal
    seta.zip
    459B
    Cbrandin 66Mbit.JPG
    1289 x 768 - 159K
  • @Mihuel
    Try to remove all related to frame buffers.
  • @Vitaliy
    Do you mean :
    1080p24 FB1
    1080p24 FB2
    1080p24 Frame Limit
    60fps Frame Limit
    50fps Frame Limit
    ???
  • I think Vitaliy's suggestion is good. It looks like the codec is not responding to a larger limit for I frames very well. It kind of makes sense, because with more I frames, you wouldn't want the codec to try to max out individual I frame size anyway. It looks like you aren't getting the bigger frames with short GOP, so those patches serve no useful purpose.

Chris
  • I just noticed that you went too high with the buffer values, they look like 4x, not 3x - and your bitrate (for 24H) is only 3x. Those buffer values would be more appropriate for a bitrate of 88000000. Maybe it might be worth a try with the buffers set at 3x.

Chris
  • @ danyyel
    the bitrate WAS falling with the default settings where I just jacked up the bitrate to 65.
    Now, the bitrate seems to hold steady between 80 and 90 all the time....
    This was with the default new hack settings.
    Please, someone smarter than me tell me that just changing it to GOP 3 (which I personally detest) tell me that it is what is keeping the bitrate steady and huge.
  • @cbrandin
    I have not changed any buffer values
    I have loaded up the new firmware with the default values.
    First time I changed the 24H bitrate to 65 and all was good.
    The second time, I changed that same bitrate to 88 and the GOP to 3.
    Still works- no artifacts, the only negative change I have is that the camera will not span to new file after 4GB like it did before.
  • 66 Mbit without frame buffer ( but wit frame limit 4x ) [ my pregnant girlfriend is sleeping ;-) in the artificial light of fluorescent- ISO 3200 ]
    setb.zip
    473B
    Cbrandin 66Mbit without related to frame buffers.JPG
    1289 x 768 - 159K
  • 66 Mbit without frame buffer and without frame limit ( She is steel sliping )

P.S. Still 6 GOP
    setc.zip
    454B
    Cbrandin 66Mbit without related to frame buffers and frame limit.JPG
    1288 x 768 - 161K
  • OK, rendered the first test, they are nice.
    Before anyone starts screaming RED etc, they are nice GH2 files, I even tested hard for jello which will always be there....
    For under a 1Grand this is really nice, thank you Vitaly, if I ever do any projects I will donate more!
    Lets not forget this is an acquisition from a medium size sensor at 8 bit - do not expect miracles. On the other hand, most content is viewed at 8 bit or less..... like most music is consumed on kitchen radios...
  • @ Cbrandin
    You're right, this is my Polish fantasy I suffered with this buffer ;-)
  • @allenswrench

I was talking about the file posted by @Mihuel earlier in this thread.

Chris
  • @mihuel
    is my patch not working with your card/camera?
    Could you please post the stream as I do not have an access to it?
  • @Vitaliy
    file attachment is not supported
  • If you are talking about ini files - you have to zip or rename to a supported file type first. Files with an "ini" extension are not allowed.

Chris
  • @allenswrench
    Not checked your patch;-) so I do not know if it works. So far, no patch, which I used not caused me any problems
  • @mihuel
    Good news for everyone is that the new Ptool patches will play on ps3- ALSO ANALYSES THE BITRATE IN REAL TIME!
  • I have zipped the damned thing, but I get a red stripe warning and when I click it does not upload :(
  • ANYHOW anybody can do it following the settings from the text file
    Although these are lovely settings made possible by our friend V remember to ONLY use fastest cards as you would have film a few years ago! Happy shooting!
  • Hmmm... that's strange, it always works for me when I zip the files.

You could just paste the contents into the text box as a fallback.

Chris
  • cbrandidn, did it not work?
    it is the straight out of the box VITALIY patch, note the changes
    880000 bitrate in the 24h section
    OPTIONAL 3GOP for all other
    it really is as simple as that!
  • @allenswrench

Did you say earlier that the SD card actually gets hot? Really? If so, that's a good indication that you are pressing things close to the limit!:)

I think we are getting two conversations mixed up here. Your settings seem fine. The additional buffer stuff @Mihuel is trying is just another experiment, and that's what I've been responding about.

Chris
  • Off to Macba in Barcelona to try it out....might not be the best way to test but am restricted to studio lights until saturday....
    But... no me jodes - are we the only ones running the high patches?
  • OK, good... it does get hot... at that bitrate...sure it does