Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic FZ200 topic, 24x zoom with constant F2.8 aperture
  • 350 Replies sorted by
  • To be honest, seems like it could replace my AC-160 with that zoom and f stop. If only it could be hacked to remove the 30min limit I'm so buying one...

• and this sample below shows almost no signs of noise, though could have NR up high, as the image looks a tad soft, though really good for indoors! Guess the constant f2.8 helps plus new processing engine and sensor technology allow for cleaner high ISOs:

• great! - anyone had a play with one yet?

• the 17MB/s is a bummer but since we're here in hack heaven, I'm hopeful. I could certainly use it for weddings.

50p/60p is using 28Mbit/s, pressty good, really. As any of Panasonic camcorders.

• I am wondering (hoping) if it has HDMI live view too.

• Wow! - constant 2.8, power zoom, HDMI - it's got possibilities!

the 17MB/s is a bummer but since we're here in hack heaven, I'm hopeful. I could certainly use it for weddings. Does anyone know if the HDMI out is live while recording? - I'd need to pimp it out and an external monitor would be great.

• This is first consumer camera then Lumix division seriously collided with consumer video cameras division.

• "I am sure GH3 will be able for more :-)" - VK

I will poop my pants!

• And up to 120fps in 720p and 240fps in 480p (VGA)! This would be a good feature for the GH3!

I am sure GH3 will be able for more :-)

• Btw if you look carefully, this camera is direct competitor to small sized cameras.

1/2.3" sensor, 1080p60, very good VF, full manual video, 720p120, Power OIS with active mode

• And up to 120fps in 720p and 240fps in 480p (VGA)! This would be a good feature for the GH3! Would consider buying this camera, and adding in with the GH2 kit, as another tool when needed.

Put it in the shoulder rig with audio recorder, mattebox etc, and you have a good run and gun event setup for when needing a lot of different focal lengths very quickly or when wanting super slow mo, and are not overly concerned with shallow dof.

I imagine the video will be pretty good from this. It's approximately a 1/2" sensor. Remember this is larger than some very high end camcorders and nearly the size of a 2/3" ENG camera.

• WOW! I was actually interested in the FZ150, but this could be even better. Can't wait to see the specs and what the resolution looks like.

• FZ200 series offers high-speed - up to 12 frames / second at full resolution. Just like the previous news, Lumix FZ200 allows you to shoot video with the highest quality - 1920x1080 50p AVCHD Progressive. Three-inch swivel screen will work under different scenarios, and the battery capacity of 1200 mAh will make up to 500 pictures per charge.

Source: http://www.3dnews.ru

• I posted earlier, but it seems to not have made it into the thread.

This looks to be a great run and gun solution camera. For quick stuff, i've been using my HX9V, but this would be better solution with the articulating screen. Any chance of a hack at some point Vitaliy?

Tony

• Guys, I removed to messages that have no relation to FZ200.

• wow, that's some range it will need bolted down to stop it wobbling around, but very impressive with the F2.8 at the long end

• First one I see clearly - lens. Sensor must be something like 14Mp 1/2.5".

I bet that VF on FZ60 is worse.

• Looks very promising.

Are there any infos on the differences between FZ60 and FZ200 already??

• Btw, as you can see, both cameras have dedicated manual movie mode setting on wheel.

G5 don't have it :-) Weird.

• More images:

FZ200-13.jpg
    500 x 500 - 142K