Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Anyone have a used, wide-angle m4/3 lens they would like to sell?
  • I have been making an episodic series in Japan. http://youtube.com/eslkevin.

Before August I would like to purchase a wide-angle lens as there is plenty of beautiful, tropical scenery in the south of Japan. However, I do not have a lot of money.

I am looking for either the Olympus 9-18 or Panasonic 7-14.

Please message me back if you have a lens or know someone who does.

• 26 Replies sorted by
  • The Panny 7-14mm is the widest you can get in rectilinear, and it's very good, albeit slow.

• Yes but a REALLY wide zoom without going fisheye. Thank you for the offer though.

• It seems you're seeking a zoom lens, but if you'd consider a prime, I'm selling a 17mm Tamron lens w/ 4/3 adapter.

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3528/fs-tamron-adaptall-sp-17mmf3.5-with-m43-adapter#Item_1

• Well things are looking up. I've just received a donation to help me get a lens.

So the question is. What's better? The Panasonic 7-14mm or the Olympus 9-18mm?

• I would love to be able to afford the 12-35. The reviews have been very positive for it.

• I wondered if anyone had compared the 12-35 zoom with the 14mm?

• Why is there such a HUGE surplus of those 14mm f2.5s? I

It is from kits :-)

• I just went on eBay. Why is there such a HUGE surplus of those 14mm f2.5s? I wish they had the 20mm that low.

• Is the 14mm REALLY that much better than the 14-42 kit lens? I know f stop is lower, but would it make that much of a difference for scenery?

• Actually 14mm is wide enough for scenery. The 14mm f.2.5 is probably the best deal around. I've also seen the SLR Magic 12mm prototypes going for around $300 now.

• Thank you Vitaliy and jleo for your suggestions.

• I have a 14-42 and a 14-45....I picked up a cheap Digital Concepts Wide angle adapter 52mm fir $9 on ebay. Surprisingly it's quite sharp and auto focus works. It's a bit soft at one corner but not bad. I put some pics later.

Of course there are way better ones, but this was widely used by Canon HV20 users with good results.

• @APXmusic

I think you can get kit with PZ lens and sell the body if you so want to use converter and have good OS zoom. OIS in PZ lens is better.

• I am using a shoulder mount, so something with OIS is necessary I think. If anyone has had any success with using a wide angle converter on a LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S H-FS014042 please let me know.

• Pany 14mm! Can't beat it for the price! Have fallen back on it when I'm in a tight situation and I don't want the look of my Hyperprime.
  • Olympus 12-50mm does not have any OIS. And it is not really best lens.

• Anyone have any opinions on that new Olympus 12-50? That would get me a little more width and it doesn't cost so much. Does the OIS work on the GH2?

• Ahh. That's too bad. I have the original GH2 14-42 kit lens. I checked the specs on the Panasonic DMW-GWC1. The thread on the 14-42X and 14 f2.5 is 37mm. The original kit lens is 52mm. I bought a Raynox .66x wide angle adapter before but took it back. There was vignetting and the outside of the image was blurred.

I guess I could always order the 14mm f2.5 and get the DMW-GWC1. The downside of that is not having any OIS though.

• DMW-GWC1 works with 14mm 2.5 pancake and 14-42mm X pancake zoom.

• Is there a wide angle adapter for the standard kit lens?

I think Panasonic one works with zoom.

• Hmmm, something to think about. Thanks guys!

• You can get the kit lens, my 14-45 is actually pretty sharp at 14mm (I don't like the 42 as much), but since I own both I can tell you that for $165 or whatever the 14mm is going for, you are getting a truly primo quality lens, Leica sharp, light as a feather. My 14-45 has IS, for what it is worth, which for video is not much.

• Is there a wide angle adapter for the standard kit lens? 14-42 non-X version

• Love the 14mm, paid ~170$ for the black version with a matching hood.