Personal View site logo
Anyone have a used, wide-angle m4/3 lens they would like to sell?
  • I have been making an episodic series in Japan. http://youtube.com/eslkevin.

Before August I would like to purchase a wide-angle lens as there is plenty of beautiful, tropical scenery in the south of Japan. However, I do not have a lot of money.

I am looking for either the Olympus 9-18 or Panasonic 7-14.

Please message me back if you have a lens or know someone who does.

• 26 Replies sorted by
  • You can always get 14mm from kits on ebay + add wide converter (sony or Panasonic one).

Just check the topics.

• Love the 14mm, paid ~170$ for the black version with a matching hood.

• Is there a wide angle adapter for the standard kit lens? 14-42 non-X version

• You can get the kit lens, my 14-45 is actually pretty sharp at 14mm (I don't like the 42 as much), but since I own both I can tell you that for $165 or whatever the 14mm is going for, you are getting a truly primo quality lens, Leica sharp, light as a feather. My 14-45 has IS, for what it is worth, which for video is not much.

• Hmmm, something to think about. Thanks guys!

• Is there a wide angle adapter for the standard kit lens?

I think Panasonic one works with zoom.

• DMW-GWC1 works with 14mm 2.5 pancake and 14-42mm X pancake zoom.

• Ahh. That's too bad. I have the original GH2 14-42 kit lens. I checked the specs on the Panasonic DMW-GWC1. The thread on the 14-42X and 14 f2.5 is 37mm. The original kit lens is 52mm. I bought a Raynox .66x wide angle adapter before but took it back. There was vignetting and the outside of the image was blurred.

I guess I could always order the 14mm f2.5 and get the DMW-GWC1. The downside of that is not having any OIS though.

• Anyone have any opinions on that new Olympus 12-50? That would get me a little more width and it doesn't cost so much. Does the OIS work on the GH2?

• Olympus 12-50mm does not have any OIS. And it is not really best lens.

• Pany 14mm! Can't beat it for the price! Have fallen back on it when I'm in a tight situation and I don't want the look of my Hyperprime.
  • I am using a shoulder mount, so something with OIS is necessary I think. If anyone has had any success with using a wide angle converter on a LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S H-FS014042 please let me know.

• @APXmusic

I think you can get kit with PZ lens and sell the body if you so want to use converter and have good OS zoom. OIS in PZ lens is better.

• I have a 14-42 and a 14-45....I picked up a cheap Digital Concepts Wide angle adapter 52mm fir $9 on ebay. Surprisingly it's quite sharp and auto focus works. It's a bit soft at one corner but not bad. I put some pics later.

Of course there are way better ones, but this was widely used by Canon HV20 users with good results.

• Thank you Vitaliy and jleo for your suggestions.

• Actually 14mm is wide enough for scenery. The 14mm f.2.5 is probably the best deal around. I've also seen the SLR Magic 12mm prototypes going for around $300 now.

• Is the 14mm REALLY that much better than the 14-42 kit lens? I know f stop is lower, but would it make that much of a difference for scenery?

• I just went on eBay. Why is there such a HUGE surplus of those 14mm f2.5s? I wish they had the 20mm that low.

• Why is there such a HUGE surplus of those 14mm f2.5s? I

It is from kits :-)

• I wondered if anyone had compared the 12-35 zoom with the 14mm?

• I would love to be able to afford the 12-35. The reviews have been very positive for it.

• Well things are looking up. I've just received a donation to help me get a lens.

So the question is. What's better? The Panasonic 7-14mm or the Olympus 9-18mm?

• It seems you're seeking a zoom lens, but if you'd consider a prime, I'm selling a 17mm Tamron lens w/ 4/3 adapter.

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3528/fs-tamron-adaptall-sp-17mmf3.5-with-m43-adapter#Item_1

• Yes but a REALLY wide zoom without going fisheye. Thank you for the offer though.