Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
War: Chronicles of 22.02.22 war
  • 266 Replies sorted by
  • “The war in Ukraine marks a major geopolitical and historical turning point of the 21st century and runs the risk of a return of empires and border conflicts. This major crisis will have consequences on our lives, our economy and our security” Macron.

“Today, nothing works anymore. NATO doesn't work. The G7 doesn't work. The G20, which I wanted to create, does not work. And even the UN, which oscillates between apathy and immobility ,” Nicolas Sarkozy.

https://www.lemonde.fr/politique/article/2022/02/25/emmanuel-macron-adresse-un-message-au-parlement-sur-la-guerre-en-ukraine-apres-avoir-consulte-francois-hollande-et-nicolas-sarkozy_6115259_823448.html

Soon the veil of what today's world is made of will vanish completely. Europe starts to see it's misery but it's to late already.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Maybe you have a micron feature size process from the 80's still in operation and could move the design to that? At worst they could implement it on discrete boards, with TTL logic... I know I'm poking your eye, it's not my actual intention to be mean, I just can't help myself from making fun before the world goes up in smoke.

I feel like this hasn't been thought through to all its possible ramifications and consequences. Why couldn't your master just prop up the breakaway republics in the Donbas, it would've achieved the political objective. Now you'll be dependent on the Chinese, and it won't be a relationship between equals. Maybe they could manufacture your chips, they have at least the 28nm process node..

• From Scott Ritter, the former WMD inspector who told the truth in Iraq-

Prior to this date, Russia was treated by the West as an annoyance, belittled by economic and even military elites as little more than a “giant gas station masquerading as a nation,” to quote John McCain, the now-deceased senator from Arizona.

Russian President Vladimir Putin had been subjected to a series of sophomoric psychological profiles that trivialized Russian national concerns as little more than the psychotic whim of a troubled individual. The caricatures that emerged of the Russian state and its leadership colored the analysis of Russia’s oft-stated concerns over what it viewed as its legitimate national security.

...Russia had been clear about what it wanted, and what the consequences of failing to get that would be. This war was predictable, if only the West had listened.

https://www.energyintel.com/0000017f-307c-d3e7-a17f-f1fdfee40000

• Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), an Taiwanese semiconductor manufacturer, has stopped deliveries of its products to Russia, the Central Taiwan News Agency (CNA) reports.

"TSMC has completely stopped deliveries to Russia and its suppliers, having carefully studied the sanctions to ensure their full compliance," the agency reports, citing sources.

The agency, citing a source, also reports that TSMC has stopped production of Elbrus brand semiconductors developed in Russia.

• @radikalfilm

History of our semiconductor issues is very long.

To be short - exact same authors who made first gas exports to EU in 60s also destroyed our processors and semiconductors school. And moved mainframes to IBM standard. Later same guys write bank laws in 1987 and destroyed USSR. Exactly same persons.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I'm not disputing history, I am aware how they operate. Just because my country is now in NATO doesn't make me blind, or your country an enemy. I'm just saying your guy overreached. Russia didn't have the supply chain to pull this off. Semiconductors are just one facet (a very important one), there will be other unforeseen consequences. edit: re-reading your comment, you speak of an inside job, not just how the West plays its cards. That I'm not privy to, and won't comment on.

• @radikalfilm

I'm just saying your guy overreached. Russia didn't have the supply chain to pull this off. Semiconductors are just one facet (a very important one), there will be other unforeseen consequences.

Again, just forget about "our guy". Such things are performed only by united ruling class. And think why this happened.

• Second, we will paralyse the assets of Russia’s central bank.

This will freeze its transactions.

And it will make it impossible for the Central Bank to liquidate its assets.

Most fun here is that ALL our leading economists told that this can't happen and we can't be like Libya.

Turns out they are idiots.

• Thank you Andrew Reid for bringing some commonsense to this discussion. If we are around in a couple of years (another oblique nuclear threat from Putin today), it will be interesting to look back and try to work out why otherwise sane people could support egotistical, supposedly 'God-fearing', bullies like Putin and Trump. I too also watched part of that open council. I now await the "Downfall" style parodies.

• @G3550D

why otherwise sane people could support egotistical, supposedly 'God-fearing', bullies like Putin and Trump. I too also watched part of that open council. I now await the "Downfall" style parodies.

Just stop all this kindergarten level nonsence about Putin and Trump.

War is the continuation of policy. Consequently, we must examine the policy pursued prior to the war, the policy that led to and brought about the war. If it was an imperialist policy, i.e., one designed to safeguard the interests of finance capital and rob and oppress colonies and foreign countries, then the war stemming from that policy is imperialist. If it was a national liberation policy, i.e., one expressive of the mass movement against national oppression, then the war stemming from that policy is a war of national liberation.

The philistine does not realize that war is “the continuation of policy”, and consequently limits himself to the formula that “the enemy has attacked us”, “the enemy has invaded my country”, without stopping to think what issues are at stake in the war, which classes are waging it, and with what political objects.

For the philistine the important thing is where the armies stand, who is winning at the moment. For the Marxist the important thing is what issues are at stake in this war, during which first one, then the other army may be on top.

V. Lenin

• "just stop all this kindergarten level nonsence about Putin and Trump." Yes let's all be grown up and stop insulting each other. Tell me straight Vitaly, do you think young Russian men are being sent to die in a good cause?

• @G3550D

Tell me straight Vitaly, do you think young Russian men are being sent to die in a good cause?

Spend two minutes and read the quote and think.

Any war is bad. And any war is not happening because some individual actor wants it to happen.

Nice, sport is always just continuation of politics as we know :-)

sa19484.jpg
    800 x 378 - 50K
  • Since 5:00 explanation that original idea had been rocket strike on Belarussia, but it didn't work out.

• EU to supply fighter jets to Ukraine

Borrell

No one wanted the war, but it had been unavoidable (c)

• They are very upset now:

sa19485.jpg
    769 x 389 - 64K
  • The American postal systems FedEx and UPS announce the suspension of shipments to Russia.

• Attack in adult field:

OnlyFans: models with Russian and Belarusian passports have inactive accounts, you can't be followed, and subscribers are unsubscribed from you even with a rebill. You can try to withdraw on a Tinka visa card, other methods are not available.

Streamate: Payouts are suspended. You can withdraw to MassPay (probably).

LoyalFans: suspend payments if necessary.

Fansly: output to Pilot.

Paxum: EFT does not work, withdrawals to bank cards under sanctions do not work (accounts are blocked), someone can withdraw to tea.

Working: crypto (note that many exchanges do not work with users from Russia and Belarus), spankpay, pilot. Perhaps they work: MassPay, epay.com (I don’t even know where it is, but).

• Toyota announced the suspension of its factories in Japan due to cyber attacks on subcontractors.

• War drums also mean miserable life for people

Germany will channel 100 billion euros ($113 billion) this year into a fund to modernize the military, Scholz said Sunday in a speech to a special session of the lower house of parliament," Bloomberg writes of the Sunday announcement. "By 2024, the government will spend at least 2% of gross domestic product each year on defense, he added, in line with a NATO target that Berlin has consistently failed to meet."

• Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corp. will suspend the work of all its 14 factories in the country on Tuesday, March 1, amid problems with the computer system at one of the suppliers, the company said.

It's not yet clear how many businesses will remain closed because Toyota is still analyzing the problem, a company spokesman said. Toyota did not specify the name of the supplier and the specifics of the problem with the computer system.

• The US Treasury has banned American individuals and legal entities from transactions with the Bank of Russia, the NWF and the Russian Treasury.

• The IOC does not recommend the participation of Russians and Belarusians in international competitions

So, doping was just pretext :-)

• Switzerland joins all EU sanctions decisions against Russia - Swiss President

It is huge blow for Switzerland economy that will cause issues with banking sector.

• European universities, including those in France, the Czech Republic and Belgium, began to expel Russian students.

Smart move :-(