Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GF3 hack development topic
  • I got GF3 body, so, I am making this topic.

Right now it'll be closed. I'll open it after I get dumping results in about a week.

• 96 Replies sorted by
  • @opek I partly disagree. Of course the 100mbp+ hacks dont make sense with the GF3. But i get very nice results with the latest Cluster X Series. For Example "REDShift 1b" with only 40mbp. Its very sharps and much better than the original 16mbps.

• ^How did you do timelapse with the GF3?

• @tedbrah gf3 has low video quality and the hack changes nothing (besides increasing file size ;) ) - I have tested it. The hack was only usefull for GH2 few years ago. Now better forget it (for any camera).

The only way to increase resolution in your footage is to buy a better camera :), sad but true.

• Why is gf3 video not detailed? The lens is sharp and ive hacked it. Is there any way to increase details in wide shots?

• So the above conversation gavethe impression that GF3 was now working with ptools, has something changed in the last six months? Maybe it was the release of a new firmware for the GF3? I have a GF3 I want to try out but the current ptools gives me a message saying "Wrong file or trying to us already patched file!"

• Here is my latest test of the G5 stock at 1080 60p against the GF3 with Cake 2.3 at 1080 30p and the GX1 with Galaxian V1 at 1080 30p. Bit rates are 28mbps, 49mbps and 35mbps respectively. I really like the GF3 with this hack and it will record a full 64GB card if you leave iDynamic off. If you set iDynamic on, it will overheat within 20 minutes and stop recording.

• @Vitaliy, is it possible to activate live AV out in GF3? Many people need it in aerial photography... :)

• Hello Vitaliy! Hi all! I'm new here. Is any possibility to hack GF3 shutter speed mode to 1/25 sec value? This shutter is very useful for video recording and gf3 don't have in standard firmware.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev which is the right topic to ask please.

• @yaboo

It is wrong topic.

• Anyone have a stable working ini. Also how do you activate timelapse function please.

• Could someone share a GF3 video in 1080p example? I found some default GF3 videos on vimeo, but the quality is very poor (oversharped with massive artifacts). Currently I search some motivation to buy it. 30 min limit time disabled would be fine for my needs. GH2 videos are beautiful, but I cannot buy it here.

• I dont know if it would be possible but I would very much love if there was a way to remap the wasted iA button to something more useful.... and stop it lighting up too!

• Hi, Any work plans for these features? -Time lapse (not from video, but pictures) on the camera. -ISO based bracketing -Broader options for bracketing? Thanks and good job

• Hi, I have a GF3 and Oktokopter. and need to use live video out. I have Downloaded ptool3.65d. what options I have to point to operate the live video out? A Greeting.

• It would have been pretty awesome if the "something big coming soon" had been the addition of 24p modes to GF3 and/or GF2... although I recognize this is probably impossible or incredibly difficult from a technical perspective.

Still looking forward to what VK has in store for us next!

• Is there an ability for the GF3 to do 24p or 30p with the hack?

In PAL mode GF3 have 1080p25 and 720p25 :-) But no 24p modes.

• Is there an ability for the GF3 to do 24p or 30p with the hack?

GF3 have 1080p30 and 720p30 :-) But no 24p modes.

• Sorry if this has already been answered. Is there an ability for the GF3 to do 24p or 30p with the hack?

• Can't wait.

• As of now we do not see any problems with beta version. SO, I hope that it'll be released in next 24h

• Hi! I'm ready to purchase the GF3 or GF2 as a third camera. Please tell my what is the difference between GF3 and GF2 for video? Have the GF3 better AF, or something else?