Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GF3 hack development topic
  • 96 Replies sorted by
  • Probably, it is a talk of the future since anything does not have an announcement

• how? Vitaliy has announced February 24: Vitaliy have you started working on the gf3? Yep. but it takes time. so read carefully before commenting!

• GF3 hack is on the finishing line. So, do not worry. :-)

It could have few issues on initial release, like combined 720p/1080i GOPs (720p30/1080i60 ,etc). Just because code is changed and you can't set separate GOP for them now :-) We'll see that can be done.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Looking forward to it!

• Does GF3 look more promising than GF2?

• That is something I asked previously but still no one answered. Maybe Vitaliy can clear this out now that he spent more time with the GF3. So does the GF3 have higher specs for the processing unit compared to the GF2 or are the two identical?

• TX. VITALIY!!!!FANTASTIC NOTICE!!!

• Great news VK! Your work is very much appreciated, Thank you :)

• READY, SET, GO!!!! HAPPYNESS

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I am also looking forward to it.

When it comes to same GOP for 1080i and 720p, isn't this because of doubled frames 720 50p as sensor output is 25p? What is the stock GOP? It will be interesting to see StreamParser output for 720p, I asume one must see some effect from the doubled frames.

As I said before, I will donate again when my new GF3 (arrived yesterday, paied €190 for body) has been modified with PTool. Tomorrow I will do some shooting on a dog show with my modified GH2:-)

• Well, I almost forgot that I had a GF3 now, I shot my standard test with panning on trepod. GOP is 12 for both modes. Here is StreamParser output:

GF3 Stock FSH_Frames.PNG
    746 x 398 - 145K
    GF3 Stock SH_Frames.PNG
    746 x 426 - 146K
  • @Tomaso interesting. I'd use 1080i by default. 720p for enabling ETC at 3.9x.

• I sent PTool 3.65d alpha to few people.
    We'll see how it goes and move to beta after this.

P.S. We have something big coming soon.

• I literally can't wait to get my mittens on the PTool 3.65d. Here's to hopping that "something big" still has something to do with our micro 43'ds cameras.

• Great VITALIY! you're the best! "something big" only gf3? Tx. LISTEN TO MY NEW SONG COMPOSED FOR "RICCHI E POVERI" THEY played for the FIRST TIME IN RUSSIA! THE SONG I'VE MADE ME GO OUT AND 'THE CD TO APRIL!:

GIVE ME A COMMENT. Andy

• "Something big coming soon"? Probably tweakable film modes or true HDMI out. (or could it be peaking?) Interesting!

• The suspense is killing me!!!, should I go buy a GF3 now? I already have a GF2, and a GH2 SHould i drop change now? Will I drop some change once I hear the big news?

• Or it could just be manual video mode for the GF2/3. Just picked up the GF3 with 14mm for about 300 Euros. Very nice little cam!

• Let me know if you want to be in beta team.
    You must have GF3 at hands, must be member for more than a month, and must have >20 posts.

Send me PM (do not post in the topic things like "I want!"..)

• I have a GH2 and I am purchasing a GF3 as a backup in the next few days. This would definitely interest me.

• Hi! I'm ready to purchase the GF3 or GF2 as a third camera. Please tell my what is the difference between GF3 and GF2 for video? Have the GF3 better AF, or something else?

• As of now we do not see any problems with beta version. SO, I hope that it'll be released in next 24h

• Can't wait.

• Sorry if this has already been answered. Is there an ability for the GF3 to do 24p or 30p with the hack?