Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Z-CAM E2 camera is coming with 4K at 120fps
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • VK , I knew it did 120fps , I just didn't think it was the same sensor as the GH5S,pocket 2 or Terra , as they didn't offer the 120fps at 4k.

• @sammy

Check topic title even :-)

• oh nice, didnt know that sensor was capable of 120fps @4k

• Yes. Probably same as in the Terra 4K too

• Is it the same sensor that is in the GH5s and pocket 2?

• One of our NAB best Product Awards go to E2

Want to say big thanks to Andy Harris, our UK team member, who supported this.

sa2672.jpg
    800 x 692 - 84K
  • I would love to be proven wrong, but almost nobody ships their cameras on time these days (or when they do ship, it's in very limited quantities).

• Which year? You seem pretty skeptical.

• For a company the size of Z-Cam to ship on time would be an enormous surprise. I'd expect the camera to ship between August and November.

• He said June they were aiming for I believe, and BM September. I'm June that's a lot better than September. But HDMI recording and internal raw, and 12-14 bit modes important.

• The firmware updates improved the image quite a bit. I really hated the camera when I first received it. Now I'd consider using it for something or other. Even with a fairly mediocre image, the form factor is compelling.

• I admit i saw the footage before any firmware update. Firmware was untouched. I remember the picture was somewhat muddy and dull. I did not follow any improvements. Maybe i am wrong and they fixed it. Nevertheless i am sceptical.

• Nice job on the interview!

• I purchased (3) E1's when their price dropped at the end of 2017. Once I updated the firmware, I was able to dial in the image quality to match that of my other cameras with the same sensor. Being able to use them with my m4/3 lenses is a pretty big deal and being able to use/place them in various production situations has been great. I would expect the same, at a much higher level, from their latest offering.

• So many arguments online about which of two unreleased cameras is better. It's unlikely anybody will have their hands on either of these cameras for about the next 6 months... and if the past for either company holds true, each will ship with cruddy bug-filled firmware initially. I look forward to seeing where both are in 9-12 months, though!

• @IronFilm Yeah, pretty cool it has 120fps but I personally would hardly use that feature. I never touch 120 on the GH5. 60p is plenty, 120fps on the pocket in 2K is enough me if I need it :)

• @utezet did you even see the thread here in this forum?

• Incorrect. I saw footage direct out of the camera. Unusable.

• @utezet

Wow. We have quite a lot of E1 owners. And all real life usage footage I saw was fine.
    And this is with $199 camera.

• All Cameras made by BM produced a nice Image All z-Cams so gar Not so much. We will see. I do Not Trust them at all. The Last one was a rip off. But if they managed to produce a product that is finally good, i will change my mind. I am pretty shure, that companies have organic structures and a Special character. It ist pretty unlikely they changed their philosophy, if the Image coming out of this Thing is anything but horrible, it will be a big surprise. Lets see.

• Blackmagic pocket cam 4K has smoked this.

BMPCC4K doesn't have 4K 120fps!

• Our interview - Z Cam E2 4K m43 camera with 4K 10bit 120fps

• Will publish our interview soon

sa2649.jpg
    800 x 450 - 65K
  • Yes, finally a MFT camera that uses NP-F batteries natively!