Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Z-CAM E2 camera is coming with 4K at 120fps
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • All E2s, including flagships and E2c are getting this feature ready with new updates.

RAW over HDMI ( Prores RAW )

• Redux Film Co is a Los Angeles based production company. Founded in 2018. Currently headed by Peter E. VanLoo

This handbook was made using my own experiences with my E2 and E2 F8, as well as the collective knowledge of the members of the Z Cam E2 Facebook group, it’s by no means complete but it is a good starting point if you are new to Z Cam. The quick FAQ below addresses most of the questions I see new members ask when joining the Facebook group, after that is a more detailed guide on each of the cameras, features, and software.

https://reduxfilm.co/z-cam-handbook/?fbclid=IwAR30PTkmcpS98W5IHCvwbXHd9fFWzLB_wPqwxUCoxMvCN3WJc7VpWX-0wv8

• UPDATE Z CAM E2 handbook

How to Connect Z Cams for Livestreaming (USB C, Direct Ethernet, & Router Networking Modes Explained)

I go over how to connect your camera with USB C, Direct Ethernet Mode, Routing Ethernet Mode, and a hybrid Direct - Routing multi- Z Cam setup. I have tested these methods on 3 separate networks and several computers and have had 100% success with all connection methods when setup following the guide. There might be a small step that's missing in the guide that I'm doing out of habit, so if these methods do not work for you please let me know, so I can modify the guides to include relevant troubleshooting steps. A limitation that I don't mention in the guide is that the 10.98.32.X network that Z Cam's DHCP makes can only assign 14 IPs (from what I could tell, but I could be wrong) so if you are trying a 15+ camera setup you MUST use another devices DHCP and have all Z Cams in router mode.

I'm in the process of making visual aids to help people conceptualize the connection paths.

https://reduxfilm.co/z-cam-handbook/?fbclid=IwAR27kEWZMvMxLEIkhAszSE115a5TubORU50pGsBCcT3yzsz0_y2FnIoe_Qk#How_to_Connect_Z_Cams_for_Livestreaming_USB_C_Direct_Ethernet_Router_Networking_Modes_Explained

• NEWS: Atomos enable affordable 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW recording over HDMI for the first time on the Z CAM E2 Camera

Atomos and Z CAM are today delighted to announce the development of ProRes RAW recording over HDMI from the E2 cinema camera to the Ninja V 5” HDR monitor-recorder. The Ninja V will record 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW at up to 4Kp60. This will give Z CAM users the best possible image quality from the camera. Atomos and Z CAM are also announcing the development of touch-screen camera control on the Ninja V for E2 system cameras. Users will be able to operate their cameras and adjust key settings from the Ninja V’s AtomOS touch screen. Atomos’ state of the art, high brightness HDR screen technology on the Ninja V becomes the ultimate monitoring solution for the E2 series.

The E2 and Ninja V will gain the ability to record Apple ProRes RAW at up to 4Kp60 via free firmware from Z CAM and an AtomOS update from Atomos. Additional frame rates will be added in the future. For reliability and affordability, files are recorded to AtomX SSD mini SATA drives in the Ninja V.

ProRes RAW combines the visual and workflow benefits of RAW video with the incredible real-time performance of ProRes. The format gives filmmakers enormous latitude when adjusting the look of their images and extending brightness and shadow detail, making ProRes RAW ideal for HDR workflows. All image data is preserved in either ProRes RAW HQ or ProRes RAW formats. And the manageable file sizes speed up and simplify file transfer, media management, and archiving. ProRes RAW is fully supported in Final Cut Pro X along with a collection of other apps including ASSIMILATE SCRATCH, Colorfront, FilmLight Baselight, and Grass Valley Edius. Adobe and Avid have announced that Premiere Pro and Media Composer will support ProRes RAW this year.

At the heart of the Z CAM E2 is a dual native ISO 4/3” MFT sensor. It produces 4K images with excellent color science and low light sensitivity. As a result a number of top commercials, documentaries, TV series and feature films around the world have already been shot using the camera. There are also an increasing number of creative and innovative applications, such as volumetric and underwater capture, that leverage the unique capabilities and small form factor of E2.

Z CAM is the third major company to announce support for RAW over HDMI, joining the Z6 and Z7 from Nikon and the Panasonic S1H. This is in addition to several Sony, Canon and Panasonic cinema cameras that already support ProRes RAW recording via SDI to Atomos monitor-recorders. As a result, ProRes RAW is now firmly established as the new standard for RAW video capture, with many more cameras due this year.

The new features will be enabled in a free firmware release from Atomos in June, 2020.

https://www.atomos.com/cameras/zcam-e2?fbclid=IwAR1cRElK7cmDQGGd0qXDyj2K31ZIC-djy1iepKhYTlU7Zq7q_vEQir6VDa0

• Raging Fire shot w RED Gemini and Z CAM E2 w Laowa 9mm f2.8

• US - Z CAM Service and Repair Center

Cine Pro Service is a US based service center for cinema equipment. We service and repair cinema cameras and cinema related accessories. From sensor cleanings and diagnostics to crucial repairs, we will service your equipment to ​a satisfactory order with fast turnaround times.

https://www.soltyscameras.com/service?fbclid=IwAR1BLfm3zAFBeSKwWl2LTIBoExe49CznKUQFP5VXV5y0MnOtJsrEBeAPF4c

Their most selling camera will be available at end of March due to LSI issues.

Next best selling cam will be available end of Jan.

sa16025.jpg
    800 x 270 - 32K
    sa16024.jpg
    800 x 296 - 38K