Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Degradation: More on crypto currency humanity crime and electricity
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • To me, a better alternative to "proof of (useless hashing) work" would be some "proof of useful work" concept, where the right to add a block to the blockchain is gained by proving to have produced some real-world product or service.

Well, it is like proposing to drunken scammer to hang himself, with good manners, of course.

• @CFreak: So far, "proof of stake" is only a hypothetical replacement for "proof of work" in crypto-currencies. I for one do not think that people will trust foreign anonymous entities to be in control of a block chain, just because those entities have amassed a large share of that currency.

To me, a better alternative to "proof of (useless hashing) work" would be some "proof of useful work" concept, where the right to add a block to the blockchain is gained by proving to have produced some real-world product or service.

• Bitcoin is the pinnacle of parasitism

Burning energy (making life worse!) to redistribute already produced goods and services (again, making life worse for everyone, but parasites!).

sa1270.jpg
    800 x 387 - 35K
  • I am waiting for this ethereum mining craze to implode, so that GPU prices might come back down.

As I understand it, the switch to a POS (proof of stake, not "piece of sh*|") system will render all the multi GPU rigs useless? It might be happen soon? Or, no one really knows, except the few who are in charge?

• China’s central bank told a top-level government internet finance group that the monetary authority can tell local governments to regulate the power usage of bitcoin miners to gradually reduce the scale of their production.

• Inno3D product

sa1033.jpg
    800 x 489 - 53K