Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Capitalism: Trump team - made for small people
  • 62 Replies sorted by
  • @bannedindv So you're defending the status quo? Good luck with that. I voted for change, and so far things are looking pretty good.

"Fake news" ... That has to be the most laughable meme ever invented. You mean this fake news? https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/washington-post-disgracefully-promotes-a-mccarthyite-blacklist-from-a-new-hidden-and-very-shady-group/

There's truth and fiction. If the fake news got it right when the real news got it wrong, it's self-explanatory to anyone with critical thinking skills. It amounts to nothing more than sours grapes for the establishment media being caught pushing their partisan coverage.

Face it, you're addicted to the corporate-sponsored media because it fits your fantasy worldview. Taking the blue pill is just like any other drug, it feels good but slowly kills your soul.

Also, I don't waste my time on Facebook.

• Okay ;)

Please check in with me every 3 months and let me know if your economic condition improves or declines under Trump. Last 8 years have been best of my life so far - coming from being flat dead broke in 2007-2008.

• @bannedindv Winning!! - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/business/trump-to-announce-carrier-plant-will-keep-jobs-in-us.html

Remember that before the election the "media" and political pundits told you Trump could never save any jobs. Not possible. Well, he's doing it right now and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet. Let that be a lesson for all, it's only "impossible" if you let other people predict your future.

If you had a good run in the last 8 years, the next 8 will probably be great unless you're an outsourcing expert or immigration attorney.

• Remember that before the election the "media" and political pundits told you Trump could never save any jobs. Not possible. Well, he's doing it right now and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

I laughed so loud.. :-)

I understand the inner wish to make time going backwards and while keeping capitalism in full scale to restrict global competition. Unfortunately it won't work. It is same as drunk dream of Austrians to going back to early days of capitalism.

• I hear ya... we're laughing all the way to the bank!

You're right, it's all about competition. Once regulations and tax policy become competitive again we will reverse the flow of jobs and begin to recapitalize. Around the reinvestment stage you're going to see something really special happen.

Karl Marx would even be impressed at all the winning :)

• You're right, it's all about competition. Once regulations and tax policy become competitive again we will reverse the flow of jobs and begin to recapitalize. Around the reinvestment stage you're going to see something really special happen.

Most horrible in your words is that you do not understand that you wish. I mean totally.

As taxes and regulations will "become competitive" so will become your salaries, your home and everything around you. And you really will run here with many curse words and looking around for Trump replacements.

In your dreams you have some patriotic capitalists, in reality where is none.

The only way capitalists will move production back is they need to meet all this things:

• More and cheaper energy around, available now. And this means coal. US not competitive here.
    • More and cheaper basic resources around, available now. Thius means huge nature impact and presense of such resources. US lacks many of resources and in colonies they are located very far.
    • Very compact placement of industry zones build on tax money, all near ocean. US not competitive here, logistics too expensive for any complex product.
    • Cheap fast rail transport. US not competitive.
    • Lot of young people eager for hard work and learn. Especially they love illegal immigrants.
    • Smaller salary (around 3x-5x reduction of current minimum wage is best you can dream).

And I can add to this list another 10 points at least.

In reality, as I said, horror is that you can only get opposite things that you imagine in dreams.

• VK, I'm beginning to think you're a glass-half-empty kind of guy :)

By your measure we should not have achieved any growth since the 1950's. Also, there is no shortage of coal in the US. It will experience a solid resurgence when certain EPA rules are reversed on January 21st. We have more than half of the entire world's proven reserves under our feet. We also have tremendous shale reserves that are decreasing in production cost all the time. OPEC just announced production cuts in spite of their earlier pledge to maintain market share at any cost. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-opec-meeting-usa-shale-idUSKBN13P0C8

Americans have a lot more potential than you give us credit for. I think we'll manage 4-5% growth within 24 months. The real challenge will be keeping inflation in check so that returns are actually realized. 5% growth at 4% inflation is not a "win" in my playbook unless wages are increasing at a faster pace.

• By your measure we should not have achieved any growth since the 1950's. Also, there is no shortage of coal in the US. It will experience a solid resurgence when certain EPA rules are reversed on January 21st. We have more than half of the entire world's proven reserves under our feet. We also have tremendous shale reserves that are decreasing in production cost all the time.

And it is just mix of strange statements like "we should not have achieved any growth since the 1950's" taken directly from your own head. Go and get some education, even this same blog will do, about energy situation in 20th century and up.

You also have your own model and emotions clouding normal and formal arguments.

I wrote - "more and cheaper energy around, available now". No one actually knows if US coal reserves will be minable (and even if most of them exist at all), and you need to replace huge amount of Chinese coal that goes into production of goods. Go and open coal world production statistics. You just do not understand that you talk about.

Americans have a lot more potential than you give us credit for. I think we'll manage 4-5% growth within 24 months. The real challenge will be keeping inflation in check so that returns are actually realized. 5% growth at 4% inflation is not a "win" in my playbook unless wages are increasing at a faster pace.

I am not talking about Americans, as I am sure that they have huge potential. I am telling about simple rules of capitalism that fuck all this potential and won't allow to make it into reality.

Your talk about GDP growth also does not meaning anything, as you can make 10% growth and make people live worse.

I already told you plain and clear. System works the way it works. The longer you will remain into fantasy land the bigger pain it will be as soon as Trump start "servicing your account" (c) GC. Remember to get tube of Vaseline and, please, allow me to call you "glass-half-empty kind of guy" as you come here in tears.

• The cheaper global energy available now is largely due to increased US shale oil and gas production. More energy exports from the US and fewer imports from abroad mean lower trade deficits over the long term here, which would be a net positive for ANY economy.

Keep your Vaseline jugs on the shelf, we aren't there yet.

• The cheaper global energy available now is largely due to increased US shale oil and gas production.

Well

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/15618/us-issues-with-shale-oil-and-gas-in-charts#Item_1

after this you can read any analytics opinion about finance situation in shale oil companies (can also check unemployment in states related to them).

More energy exports from the US and fewer imports from abroad mean lower trade deficits over the long term here, which would be a net positive for ANY economy.

Well, no. It is opposite. As now you trade free to make database entries for resources. smart people and goods. Giving this up won't make your life better, it will make it much worse.

Let me explain, you hope to see something ala Roosevelt times. Times when capitalism fought for survival trying anything from big projects in US (without major success until war) to fascism in Europe. And, as I said times not going back. Not only this, but capitalism do not have strong enemy yet, so ability to individual class members to unite for survival are low.

• The New York Times reports that main goal for coming year budget will be to increase as much as possible military spending.

Again, Trump is not here to solve your problems, he is here to try to solve problems of ruling class, and methods for this you won't like, as they are old and dirty as hell.