Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sigma Cinema lenses topic
  • 55 Replies sorted by
  • Kazuto told that probably all the cinema lenses will be under $5000.

Finally, Sigma settled on 450% margins. Thanks god!

• http://www.newsshooter.com/2016/09/09/ibc-2016-hands-on-with-the-new-sigma-cine-lenses/

"He was able to confirm that all the lenses have the exactly the same optical design as their stills counterparts. The big difference is in the usability for filmmaking – they have all new metal housings with 180 degree focus rotation, 95mm lens fronts and cine gearings."

• I doubt they'll be parfocal or precise in distance marks with all EF mounts, since those are not very precise and not shimmable like the PL mount. No problem on a Red, though, since you can shift the sensor block in all the higher models.

• I've had a hands on session at a private event last month with Sigma. The lenses are definitely very nice! Much nicer build quality than the XEENs and even the CP.2 and CN-E primes. There were some uneven friction with the gear ring rotation, but I suspect it's because they were prototypes.

The zooms did well in regards to breathing and parfocal, if I recall correctly. I'm so glad that the T2.0 zooms and the primes are all coming with PL mounts (interchangeable to FE and EF, too).