Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sigma Cinema lenses topic
  • 55 Replies sorted by
  • PR

Sigma Corporation of America, a leading still photo and cinema lens, camera, flash and accessory manufacturer, today announced pricing and availability for its all new line of full-frame Classic Art Prime Cine lenses and /i Technology- compatible Cine Art Prime PL-mount lenses. Available as a set of 10 lenses, the Sigma Classic Art Prime Cine lenses will be available in early January 2020 for $43,999 USD from authorized dealers. The Sigma PL-mount i/ Technology-compatible Cine Art Primes will be released in two waves; the Sigma Cine 20mm T1.5, 24mm T1.5, 35mm T1.5, 50mm T1.5 and 85mm T1.5 will be available in late December 2019, and the Sigma Cine 14mm T2, 28mm T1.5, 40mm T1.5, 105mm T1.5, and 135mm T2 will be available in late January 2020.

Pricing for Sigma PL-mount i/ Technology-compatible Cine Art Primes is as follows: 14mm T2, 105mm T1.5 and 135mm T2 will retail for $5,499 USD each from authorized dealers. The 20mm T1.5, 24mm T1.5, 28mm T1.5, 35mm T1.5, 40mm T1.5, 50mm T1.5, and 85mm T1.5 will retail for $3,899 USD each from authorized dealers.

About Sigma Full-Frame Classic Art Prime Cine Lenses

Sigma’s answer to the demand for a classic, cinematic look from a prime lens is the brand new Full-Frame Classic Art Prime Line, compatible with 8K shooting with large format sensors, while achieving outstanding compact design.

Based on the Sigma FF High Speed Prime Line, the brand new FF Classic Art Prime Line incorporates more non-coated optical elements to achieve unrivaled expression while offering the highest resolving power in its class. It retains the high resolution capability that Sigma Cine lenses are well known for, and offers a unique combination of low contrast and artistic flare/ghost in the image. As with all other lenses from the FF High Speed Prime Line, it creates beautiful bokeh effects to improve creativity.

The FF Classic Art Prime Line has implemented newly developed coatings on the glass elements and offers consistent T value across the lineup (14mm and 135mm at T3.2 and the rest of the lenses at T2.5), greatly contributing to the effective workflow in post-production. It is compatible with the communication protocol of Cooke “/i Technology,”and thus is an ideal tool for shooting and editing with the latest technology, such as VFX, that call for detailed shooting data. A special coating is implemented on the front and rear elements so that the lens durability is ensured as with all other cine lenses from Sigma.

The Classic Art Prime Line is available only as a set of 10 lenses and will be available early January 2020 for $43,999 USD from authorized dealers.

• I want to buy this lens set. I think price performance is one of the best.

44k for 10 set piece 1.5 super fast metal housing proper cinema marked lines, proper design for infield use, very good glass.

It does breathe, and has some CA on some lenses, but nothing deal breaker.

• SIGMA announces the shipment schedule for SIGMA CINE LENS i Technology-compatible PL mount lens in the FF High-Speed Prime Line.

Shipment schedule: February 2020

Optimized for large-format camera systems and 8K shooting, the FF High-Speed Prime Line lenses deliver stunning image quality in compact construction. A new addition to this prime lens lineup comes with electronic contacts that support Cooke’s i Technology communication protocol for Art Prime PL mount lenses. By using an i Technology-compatible cine lens with a cine camera that supports the same protocol, users can see and record lens metadata such as focus distance, focal length, and aperture. This helps streamline compositing in the post-production process. This is particularly suitable for the latest forms of filmmaking, such as VFX, that call for detailed shooting data. Prototypes of this i Technology-compatible FF High-Speed Prime lens were used for shooting “Top Gun: Maverick”, scheduled to be released in 2020, showing that the new lens is already in commercial applications.

For SIGMA customers who have already purchased a SIGMA PL mount lens, Mount Conversion Service is available to convert the lenses to i Technology-compatible PL mount. In order to apply for the service, please contact your nearest authorized SIGMA subsidiary or distributor.

• Sigma USA Instant Savings Discounts

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/cameras/instant-savings

Buy From These US Dealers, and 5% Will Go to Fight COVID-19

5% of product sales going to the dealer’s choice of charity through June 2020.

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/focused-on-the-fight?fbclid=IwAR27WUqCtpFbKIAggt78I_WoTkpvhMb9-du-ySPA8zTieJtS75WAI1tnLg0

Sigma Canada Instant Savings

https://www.sigmacanada.ca/en/lenses/instant-savings?sigma_mount=12990&show_all=1

• Sigma 50mm T1.5 on Alexa