Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • yeah im counting on this too, i think the starting point its the most dificult but once we manage to have a general concensus things are going to move faster. as of organazing ourselves whats is the most important thing we need to begin with?

• I think the holidays knocked a lotos people out for a while. But THIS FRIDAY there will be a poll on the concepts. Hopefully there will be a clear favorite. If not, I will narrow it to top three, and we will vote again within the week. By the end of next week. we will have a set concept, and we can begin thinking about writing this sucker.

• It will be interesting to see how interest in the stories breaks down. We have over 20 directors and depending which story people are interested in some of the of the stories might only require shooting with 10 different production teams. If everyone is to be included I had the idea of using the extra teams shooting bonus footage that might not fit within the pacing of the main narrative but might examine prequel, sequel, or other aspects of that particular world.

The material could be simply bonus footage to be included online or special footage unlocked with an online contest or something.

This would probably end up being an extra writing assignment after the main script is complete.

• IMO, whatever concept is chosen, it ought to be worked out in such a way that the majority of the production teams each have an interesting and relevant part in the main framework of the story.

• @B3Guy

Couldn't agree more.

• lol Snakes on a Plane democracy :) good work!

• Do we have a poll going up tonight?

• I am working on it. It might be late tonight (I am a night owl). I want to make sure it is simple, clear and correct the FIRST time it goes live (unlike the last one).

Easiest thing for most may be to look for it in the morning, unless you are up late like me on a Friday night.

• I'm suffering at the moment from democracy in TV :) Makes for long days! Sure the "Director" role was made for a reason - the clues prob in the name!

• @soundgh2 you mean your family is voting on which channel to watch?

• IMPORTANT:

Can someone check for me to make sure that everyone invested in this project (those involved on the wiki) are part of the official poll message? It should be everyone, unless someone has joined the ranks since the last poll.

• Please take the poll if you have not already. There are only 5 responses sofar.

• @B3Guy Poll taken. How many are we so far?

• Where to find the poll?? Sorry found it now!

• seven thus far.

• Here's a thought about the preproduction stage. What about the idea of having a crowdfunding campaign where each of the production teams can raise cash for their own perspective budgets. The idea of having one main campaign site, with multiple pitch videos of each of the teams... and different package donation perks for each of the countries or teams represented. When the campaign is finished we could divide funds as per packages sold, in addition to track the donated money via referral links .... The reason for a crowdfunding has two purposes, the obvious need for production funds and secondly to raise awareness and begin the marketing process for this film even while its in production so we have an initial grassroots market and fanbase for when the film is complete. There is going to be some hardcosts when the film is complete, the deliverables that a distribution company is going to need when it gets to that stage. I'm not trying to get too far ahead of ourselves when we can barely get enough people to even vote for for the concept of the film, But I'm interested in hearing some thoughts from you guys in how you were going to handle some of the costs of production and if any of you have had good or bad experiences with crowdfunding?

• @Imaginate

If you ask me, you need exactly the opposite. Not the ideas collaboration, but selection of one complete story (just with not all details). First draft of the script, I say.

And use your different skills and free time to make this. With author of ths script (or his representative) being absolute dictator for main decisions.

• I agree with the idea of one complete script. Were are building something here and without actual blueprints there is a lot of speculation, but when all the different departments of a filmmaking team get a script in their hands that's when the magic starts to happen and the gifts of the various individuals start to shine.

I have very specific thoughts on story and screenplay development and although this process has been a little bit chaotic I've learned something about how different people in different parts of the world look at the same problems or challenges. I see this collaboration as not just WHAT gets produced, but HOW its made, and that process should be just as rewarding as the final product.

Rather than absolute dictator I'd go with the concept of Showrunner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showrunner with a small core of leaders who have a vote and say in key strategies and decisions. There should be a 'second in command' or VP selected to carry on if the Main Showrunner is incapacitated for whatever reason. So yes a single person with a clear vision for the story, but kept in check by a core group who support him but also align things should they become derailed.

• How's the voting going, chaps?

• Hey. I'm one of the later-to-join writer-directors to join in on the other wiki site, and just realized that this one was also available. It seems like this site is more user-friendly than the wiki site. At any rate, whatever help I can be with future story development, I will. Please let me know where I can jump on in here and get involved.

• Time for next steps with the project. Lets post the results of that last poll and discuss way forward.

• The clear and official concept of choice is “Stowaway” Fiction (Original by @atticusd).

• Congrats to @atticusd on coming up with the concept. It was one of the two I voted for in the final round (along with my own, of course :).

Looking forward to this next stage of movie.

• just FYI, I believe everyone gave it a "thumbs up", if I am reading results correctly . . . it was unanimous. It sure does feel great to have one that everyone really does like. So what's next? Suggestions?

• My suggestion is to sound out for interested writers to develop the script! If we can narrow down 3 writers who'd like to work a bit on it and then we see what we like the best?

At the sime time, it would be good if we discuss the question of who should edit - maybe interested editors can step forward at the same time? @thepalalias?