Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Nikon Hacks, D7000, D7100, D3100, D3200, D5100, V1, V2, J1, D4, D800 and Nikon Tool
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • Yeey! more progress! :D keep us updated Vitaliy_Kiselev. What is the roadmap ahead?
  • ho my god lol
  • If this hack would open the way to decrypt D3100 and D5100, the first feature to hope for would be AF FINE TUNE for general af offset. Nikon af tolerance does no suite our needs. Fine tune presets for 20 lenses in D7000 is great thing, but those entry level users must send camera to Nikon to fix offset for one lens, and they often say it`s in tolerance. Got me frustrated with my D3100.
  • @Yavaq

Tool works with D3100 and D5100 firmwares just fine already.
  • In my research, trying to find service tools for Nikon, the only tool I found was for D200 remapping dead pixels. Maybe someone find it useful:
    Page explaining the tool - http://www.potroshiteli.ru/Test/Dead_Pixel_D200.html

http://narod.ru/disk/4848449000/D200_IMAGE_ADJ_01_25_06.rar.html
  • I have no knowledge in programming so myself I cant make any changes. So, all I can do is waiting for some breakthroughs.
  • I want to know what will be the change on the D7000 for video, and whether the hack is very lucky to come out thank you
  • This is an amazingly great news!!! Good job!!!
    Anyone knows if also the Nikon D90 is going to be hacked? I've tried to find and download A and B firmwares for D90, but i can't find them anywhere... Is there a way to dump them directly from the camera?
    Sorry for my english...
  • Whatever happened to Simeon guy who first decrypted Nikon firmware? Any progress from him?
  • Yes what ever happened to me..

I've been working on trying understanding: how text is placed on screen, so I can workout how the menu's are driven thus be able to "configure" a hack. Part of that has been disassembling the code, finding the data sections (jpgs, overlays, fonts) and related data to control these.
  • @Simeon

I can only imagine the complexity of this type of work. Thank you for your work!!
  • @Simeon,

I second what bumkicho said.
  • what a news please lol
  • This is great news. Happy Holidays, everyone.
  • I am really hopping that this hack matures, as a nikon shooter I have been disappointed buy their video until now. With Canon entry into the Cinema world I don't see things like 10 bit and log base images coming soon from them. Panasonic also will protect its AF line, more so of the slap it got from its own gh2 vs Af-100. So in the end we are left with Nikon, that is why I am really happy about this hack.

It is strongly rumored that we are going to get 2 new pro camera from nikon in January, I hope that Nikon will really put some much better video because they have no video camera line to protect and they there arch rival Canon is the king in this domain. If they don't it will impact there photo market also because those ussers that will be in need of an hybrid dslr will prefer or move to Canon. Just proper down-scaling ala gh2 and 10 bit would swing the market. Lets hope!!!
  • I found some guys that hacked into D70 (at least I think they did). May be helpful. It`s from 2006
    http://wiki.berndlux.de/doku.php/elektr:nikond70s_hack
  • @Yavaq

This is not news :-)
  • To Vitaliy
    Ah, people that has no patience act like me.
  • no news ????
  • Nikon d800 has insane video performance and will be released in next year - march.
    d800 video is better than cannon d5mII so wait for it.

Nikon d4 will be a high speed new sport fotographer camera. New card slot and insane card speeds. Up to 700MB/s they say at nikon. The card slot looks like a hibrid betven sd and CF. Also on the d4 there is a second CF slot.
  • @Lanzar where do you read that? From what I saw from the rumors is that they will both have uncompressed hdmi out. But I am a little bit skeptical about the D800 because it is a 36 megapixel sensor. I don't see a full sensor down-scaling at this resolution. Another thing is that it is a Sony sensor, I can't see them enabling these sensor for proper scaling etc. Now on the other hand the D4 is rumored to 16 or at most 18 megapixel. When we see what good down-scaling can do with the gh2 in the 16 megapixel sensor it could be very very good more so with the bigger pixel and sensor. A 10 bit uncompressed output would be phenomenal. Somehow the price will be high, I think they will put it in a smaller body as a D701, but not know.
  • Hi Guys,
    what to do if I have uploaded a wrongly patched firmware and now my d5100 stay at the beginning with a sand glass...
    Is there maybe an emergency boot mode or something like this?
  • @teufel

:-)
    None of that I know if.
    Just don't do it in the future.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

so there is no way to get it back to life? :(
  • I know such magical place. Service center.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions