Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Nikon Hacks, D7000, D7100, D3100, D3200, D5100, V1, V2, J1, D4, D800 and Nikon Tool
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • @disease8

I think no one is working on Nikon 1 for now. Camera seems to be pulled from US market and sales shrink fast.

• Thanks for the reply. I have given up and thinking about the EOS M, can shoot 24p unhacked and raw with ML.. Seems to be one of the best bargains right now. Post processing with raw is very easy in Light works, best work flow I have found so far. :-) Thanks for all the resources over the years I had a GH1 and GH2 lots of info from this site.

• Vitaliy, Is it possible to get (or pay for) a hack to the Nikon D7100 V1.02 firmware to expand exposure bracketing from the current max of 5 frames to 9, maybe even 10 or 15?

The D7100 1.02 firmware is available from Nikon's website or I could send you a copy.

• nikon 1 hacks would be welcome. I know the camera is not aimed at enthusiasts but I think it is foolishly overlooked. a few hacks would really help out. mainly moving buttons around and getting the on screen light meter to work even with lens not attached error in manual mode.

• My Nikon V1 Outfit is for sale because of the lack of clean HDMI out to an external recorder. Is it even possible, or is it not worth the effort? The AFF is so much better than any other Nikon that I hope you try.

What was done in the GH2 Hack to allow actual continuous recording not limited by 4GB file size? Is that possible with Nikons? It looks like I will be getting an Atomos Shogun. $2000 is a lot just to get 1080 P60 unlimited. I am satisfied with the D5300 codec, the videos are great, even at 12,800 ISO. But I need unattended recording for 90 minutes.

• Hi Vitaliy! Any luck with d7100 hacks?

• Hi Vitaliy Kiselev. Will there be a hack for the Nikon D5200?

Best Regards

• Hello to everyone, I've been eye'ing a Nikon j1 online and thinking to pull the trigger on it, I'm used to Canon 60d with MagicLantern Firmware so of course the first thing I did was look at if the Nikon can be hacked and what it offers. I read online somewhere where there was a patch for the D5100 to get full (not cropped in) 1080i out of the HDMI port. Was wondering if it was available on the J1 version... Also wanted to see if there was a list or a thread for the J1 users, I've got a few questions about it i.e. is it possible to turn off OSD? If I plug in HDMI will the lcd turn off? Is it even possible to do hdmi passthrough? Anyways, I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

• There is progress for the D5200?

• d7100 preferred :)

• NTool will be updated soon.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions