Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Patches work fine until I use native (electronic) lenses
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Is it known how the camera body corrects the image from a native lens compared to the image coming in from a manual/vintage lens? The lens giving me an issue is the Lumix 20mm 1.7 (no image stabilization in lens) when shooting high detailed/moving subjects or when panning.

Also, as for sd card selection, is bit rate tied to capacity as well?

Thanks for your response

• Yes, of course. Almost all native m43 lenses have in camera image correction applied.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev so you're saying the gh2 body corrects the image from an electronic lens? In what way? I assumed it had something to do with the fact that the body was just "overwhelmed" with the extra information input from the electronic lens (aperture, focus etc)

also, would a 64gb capacity card @ 95mb/s handle a native lens better than my 16gb?

• I see nothing surprising here. As with many native lenses body also need to correct all distortions :-)

So, with manual lenses it'll be always more stable.

• Considering this was moved to "beginners" I assume it has been read by someone that knows the answer...any one got a link to the right thread to help me out since the information has apparently been discussed enough before, for this to be a newb type of topic?