Personal View site logo
Black Magic: Official $1,995 raw cinema camera topic, series 2
  • 1111 Replies sorted by
  • I couldbe completely wrong too, but I have seen the same movement flickering, or whatever it is, on this camera alot. Might be my computer (though odd) but going to download the source file. Might be Vimeo I guess, or a high shutter or the IS, but I don't think so.

To my eye it seems the treelogs flickers back and forth during the move. Some moves are somewhat fast, but I see it on the green pole in the elephant part. Hm.

• Well for one whoever is manning that camera is moving it around like a 3CCD video camera. Very poor example IMO. They are not following any of the basic rules shooting. But I could be completely wrong :)

• Is it only me who see alot of strobing/stuttering in pan/tilts on the BMC? More than the 25p strobing.

Example:

• @cupanudles More impressive footage.

• @kicap

I meant exactly that I said and nothing more or less.

I think it is best to use other topic for this talk.

• @Vitaliy

Why do you actually mean when you said:

"RED is producing good stuff. but the sooner it'll go bankrupt, the better for all."?

Just curious on which part of RED that you want to relate this with? And no, I don't own a RED product nor that I am part of the Lemmings...hhahahaaha...just curious.

• @nomad i don't need it, but i would love to have the full version of resolve yes.~ I am in business with my GH2 and my 5D MKII. Absolutely love my GH2. Thinking about selling the 5D MKII... I believe i will keep my GH2 for a long time.

• Why do you need the full version of Resolve?

Why not stay in business with your GH2, the best settings for the hack, good shooting and good grading?

If the BMCC is coming in numbers, it will soon be available to everybody. Look at RED: just one year ago the Scarlet pricing was announced and people pressed the button that same night, only to hold their camera in hand in February or March. Now they sell them for cheap (well, kind of).

It will be just the same with BMCC…

• @Aria My point is that I just need more reviews, from normal users other than the typical "big star" reviewer (that has access to all the extras to pimp this cam up). I am completely sold by the RAW format, and believe that BMCC is the best bang for the euro at the moment, but no one knows if it will be in March. At the speed that the industry is releasing new cameras with new features, ordering a camera that will probably be only available in half an year (or in five months) is dangerous for a SMALL low budget production business like the one I run. Don't get me wrong guys, I dream with this camera everyday and i'm going deep on Resolve Lite and I dream of having the full version of resolve for FREE with this camera deal. But still have a lot of issues: Will the new firmwares add new frame rates? What will I do with all my Lumix and m4/3 glass? Is the Active MFT mount being considered?

I completely respect BMD for putting up a GREAT camera with GREAT price/features and going against the established BIG BOYS, and even understand all this production/shipping delays, but I will wait until more information is released about all the availability/firmware/mounts.

• Thanks for the info shared, J.B.

• Love the stuff I'm seeing from this camera and I bashed the hell out of it at first. I'm pretty much eating my words now despite the delivery problems they are having. Not too surprised though. This and my GH2 and I'm set!

• @MovieArmada, i'm surprised you need "real life" reviews in order to make up your mind about the BMC. It's fairly evident by now that this is a landmark product. They may have issues with production, but the ones that have been out in the wild have proven to produce beautiful images and the RAW format is just a boon to any film maker. If I get a big job I would have no hesitation buying a BMC MFT when it comes out. I can't think of anything else I could buy that would give me everything that the BMC can.

• I won't order before i see some "real life" reviews. All of what i have seen are just small reviews and not "real world use". Either way I was expecting to order one in the begining of the year... and apparently they wont have it for standard deliver before spring or something.

• The pre order is with the retailer not the manufacturer, let's not forget that.

• Manufacturers do this to "chill the market", or prevent people from buying other products in hopes that, when theirs ships, that it will have pent up customers with cash ready to buy. You will see it's common practice for manufacturers who don't currently have products in that market or price range, that they need to sell this quarter. This is just business as usual.

• If people are so stupid as to put up their money on a preorder without any warranty; then that is up to them. Plenty of shops offer preorders without taking any money. Personally I´ve been so stupid on another occasion (well technically it was an order, not preorder) and I´m NOT doing it again. Regardless of the product.

• i'm not sure why people complain, if you payed in advance, then you can get your money back and buy something else.

i payed 500€ in advance and will pay the rest when my camera is ready for shipment, also got it for 2400€ and with a free 128gb ssd :>

• I purchased in the past Sony, Canon and Panasonic Cameras and BM Hardware products. Execpt with my GH2 I feel messed around concerning info about what a cam can do or NOT do. So it's like a showbag and nothing has changed so far. I trust more in BM.... and the other thing is to be patient about delivery time.

• @Amadeus5D2 shure? BMD has a lot of mysteries too. e.g. you don't know when you will get it.

BMD's good reputation is crumpling and I agree with Vitaliy that BMD community is turning into something strange. People ordered with advance payment a camera, they have no clear information when the camera will be delivered - and nevertheless they defend BMD's non-information policy. And why? It's because of greed. 3000$ for cinema RAW seems to be good to be true.

• o.k but there is a little "big" difference, I know what I will get from BM...no mystery play about clean hdmi out etc.

• Every electronic company be it small or big have had some big delayed product. Let me remind everyone here about the gh1 and gh2. It took me about 7 to 8 month to get a gh2. Lately about 4 month for my Nikon D800.

• Btw, BMD community quickly turn into RED lemmings (I can't use word community here).

With claims "how you can even mention that delays are bad!", "this is small company, give them a break, it is so revolutional product, they could take any time it needs to make perfect product", and similar shit.

• anyone know for sure if ultrascope and capture work with thunderbolt port on a windows based laptop? The camera manual only talkes about apple.

I can get an asus g55 with a thunderbolt port but that would be a waste if they don't work on windows.

• RED, BMD, SLRMagic, Digital Bolex etc. All of these companies are doing some really amazing things and I hope that customers are patient with them and their issues.

They are just very different.
    SLR Magic is not manufacturer, but reseller. Digital Bolex is just collection of guys spending money.
    RED is producing good stuff. but the sooner it'll go bankrupt, the better for all.
    BMD just had some back luck, I guess.