Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @bkmcwd hmm see what u mean no it s not the player but might be isobug.not sure

• @bkmcwd I had already done a lot of testing on C1.3 but wanted to see how it stacked up against Intravenus' v1.

At first light this morning, overcast and a little foggy, I shot both side by side.

It is possible that ver1 could have more room in post than c1.3 but out of camera, c1.1 flat kicked it's ass in color and sharpness, I tried in both 24p and 720p. c1.3 did better in both modes.

I have no idea about shadow detail since I didn't have any shadows and will test some more later, but I'm still really impressed with c1.3. I'll post screen grabs and screen parser.

• @hank Thanks for using C1.3! :-) Screen grabs look nice. However, only one I was worried in the 3rd. Is this caused by the player?

@Mirrorkisser Many thanks for description. :-)

hank's sample.png
    1332 x 748 - 526K
  • Mirrorkisser goin to try.few grabs of last shoot useing panny kit 14-42 and c1.3 HBR smooth all -2 varind no gradeing.like the flat neutral look i get with panny glass and c.1.3

Ohne Titel_000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    2_000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    3_000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    5_000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @flaschus I am now working on combining Valkyrie with FLAT4 matrix in all modes. However, it is very difficult to stable HBR. In order to use this matrix in HBR as it is, I think that there are many elements which otherwise fall victim. :-(

• @hank:thats weird, actually i really like valkyrie on my old FDs. If you use old primes, watch out that you dont use them at their fastest aperture. Always one stop down, then they dont look so soft. There is a nice tutorial about it on vimeo...

• Flat 4 s can be an all round setting for those useing a set of vintage lenses.i used c 1.3 and like it allot, but with my fds it s a bit too soft.keep up the good work and thanks for this fine setting. First setting makes me wanna own more panny glas.

• @flaschus

"normally ETC kills me immediately, what is your concensus on shooting with ETC and digital zoom on?"

Would you explain in more detail?

In my rough torture test, it was likely to be stable. However, I felt a possibility that bandwidth ran short in HBR. I think that it is satisfactory even if it probably uses FLAT4 matrix as it is in 24p. My concern is whether Valkyrie which combined FLAT4 matrix has all-round character.

Although this is my personal opinion to the last, even if there are suitable and unsuitable, it is very important whether it is a setting which can be used in any scenes.

I think that it is a meaning of it adopting 3GOP. If it is the purpose used only on restrictive conditions, people should choose and use the wonderful Intra variation of Nick.

I would like to make all-round settings. :-)

• @bkmcwd @peternap

side note, i have been shooting in ETC mode and digital zoom on top of ETC, and have gotten some super telephoto shots,

no crashes,

normally ETC kills me immediately, what is your concensus on shooting with ETC and digital zoom on?

@peternap

sorry i do not have a f4 matrix for 720p mode... that is a great idea.

• @flaschus Looks promising!

• @flaschus

It is only rough test for seeing tendency. Since conditions are not necessarily united strictly, it cannot be judged only by this result. :-)

I also think that it results in probably it being different from this outdoors.

• @bkmcwd

nice test!

in your screenshots, the image seems to be brighter on both when f4 matrix is used... or is it my imagination?

• @shirap: very nice footage. Beautiful voice she has!

• @flaschus

I did the quick test about C1.3 and F4 version. These have not been tested only in 24p and HBR30p (NTSC) yet. IMO, it is not bad about 24p. However, it seems to be difficult to use at a high definition scene and wide shot. About HBR, it seems to be difficult to use as it is.

Since these are only my first impression, if improved, they may become usable. It is not also a meaning which denies the F4 matrix itself in the present stage, of course. It is very interesting idea. :-)

Incidentally, this 24p and HBR have passed also to the rough torture test. I am leaving the Fallback table to the stock.

Valkyrie_TZ2-C1.3 vs F4 24p.jpg
    1297 x 1262 - 999K
    Valkyrie_TZ2-C1.3 vs F4 HBR30p.jpg
    1297 x 1267 - 1018K
  • @flaschus How does it handle 720P?

• @flaschus

OK, I will try to arrange it! :-)

• @bkmcwd

"Looks very good! :-) Is this with C1.3 combined with flat 4 matrix?"

yep, it is!
    I have been shooting/testing allday and i think the answer to the question:

"Do I need to make Valkyrie of the F4 matrix version?"

is: "DEFINATELY!"

the c1.3 combined with flat 4 matrix i uploaded earlier has been working flawlessly for me so far, and i have been getting amazing results, however, i do not use streamparser, just my eyes, so who knows what is really going on?

@peternap... c1.3 w boom (flat4s) matrix... second setting file on the previous page. :)

• @shirap Many thanks always for trying my settings. Looks pretty nice! :-)

As for "TYPE-ZERO2 C1.3", also in 24p, stability is improved from TYPE-ZERO1. Please try C1.3.

• @peternap I felt relieved. ;-) The GOLGOP3-13 must be more sharp than TYPE-ZERO2.

• Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1

(My next gay film) http://poetryfilm.wordpress.com/

• bkmcwd The Strangeness is NOT in the data BK. Every player I have has trouble playing those huge I frames and what happens looks like massive macroblocking (what you would see on a digital television signal when you're about to lose it). This does not happen in lower light clips.

After rendering in post the data is very clean and sharp.

• @peternap There is many strange places in your Screen grabs in some places. Are these caused by the data itself? Or are a media player etc. the cause?

peternap_forest_400%.png
    1332 x 748 - 894K
    peternap_forest_400%_2.png
    1332 x 748 - 1M
  • @flaschus

Looks very good! :-) Is this with C1.3 combined with flat 4 matrix? Do I need to make Valkyrie of the F4 matrix version?

• @peternap My strange English is sorry to confuse you! ;-)

"C1.3 does not become Fallback mode" and "GOLGOP3-13" are not related at all.

"reservations about fall colors" is a subject matter depending on each person's liking.

Some persons may like GOLGOP3-13 of middle character better than extreme TYPE-ZERO2...It is a talk of only that.

BTW, how do you evaluate GOLGOP3-13-MAX? It must be the exactly middle character of a stock and 444 matrices.

And thanks again for your StreamParser result.

• @bkmcwd I tried GOLGOP3-13 MAX on the farm today. This is an extremely busy Screen Grab from 30 feet up. I'm not sure I like it better than Zero C1.3. I'll have to do some grading to tell. As expected, it does not play well straight out of the camera but it was stable enough.

And a second shot from another tree stand at the river.

farm folig1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    farm folig2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters