Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @RustFilms2012 That's darn nice looking video but aren't you in the wrong thread.

• @bkmcwd I got a few minutes to do my candle test with 1.2.

1080 24P, ISO 400-6400, Standard -2, Samyang 85mm 1.7.

1.2 400.png
    1920 x 1080 - 537K
    1.2 800.png
    1920 x 1080 - 570K
    1.2 1600.png
    1920 x 1080 - 739K
    1.2 3200.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    1.2 6400.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @peternap Many thanks for your report! :-)

And screengrabs are interesting. Comparison with Boom! is also interesting.

@Tobsen Thanks for your report! :-) I already received the file. Thanks again.

@RustFilms2012 Please also try Valkyrie. :-)

• @bkmcwd upload failed. another 5 are uploading now ;)

@peternap. This is off topic, so I make it very brief: I am really interested in the 85mm. How's the breathing?

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.3 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - Seta.ini - Released 25/09/2012

"TYPE-ZERO1" released previously was not good in other than 24p. And, previous TYPE-ZERO2 "Candidates1-5" are sometimes not good in IQ or stability. Therefore, I further improved C1 and made Candidate1.3 setting. Probably with this C1.3, the finest noise same with C1.2 in candidates of TYPE-ZERO2 will be reproduced. This C1.3 is the setting stabilized more from C1.2.

I reduced artifacts in HBR and 720p, following the pure original matrix of Chris as much as possible.

24p is also changed slightly from TYPE-ZERO1, TYPE-ZERO2C1, C1.1 or C1.2.

Please try this. And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @syoushow, @Tobsen, @peternap, and @jul! :-)

Of course, thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 50M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate1.3 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • @bkmcwd Great! I am excited :) Will load it tomorrow!

• @bkmcwd you release to fast.... :lol:
    It takes me ad least a week to test things out in real live...

• @Tobsen Many thanks for always great samples, mate! :-)

• @mozes C1.3 is more stable slightly than C1.2. Please try! :-)

• @bkmcwd I haven't finished testing 1.2 yet! BTW did you look at the noise in ISO 6400 on the screen grab I posted earlier? I think you're getting to the point where it's going to be hard to improve on them.

I'll load 1.3 on one of the cameras in a little and Thanks!

• @peternap

"I think you're getting to the point where it's going to be hard to improve on them."

It may be as possibly your thinking. However, what I aim at in these TYPE-ZERO series now is a trial which utilizes the matrix by Chris "as it is" as much as possible. Personally, since I do not use ISO6400, although I do not care much... :-)

I appreciate the further feedback.

• @bkmcwd Well...you have done a splendid job so far and it is much appreciated. BTW, I don't use 6400 either. It's just amazing at the lack of noise.

1.3 is loaded and I'm heading out to test!

• @bkmcwd

Hi Mate!

Your Valkyrie (444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.3 'Apocalypse Now') and also your latest GOLGOP13 (BETA4b) settings look damn good in HBR/25p! Among other things I've just compared the noise/grain of Valkyrie, GOLGOP13 and FlowMotion 2.2 on a defocussed dark scene at ISO400. Streamparser infos below...

In HBR/25p both Valkyrie and and GOLGOP13 show much finer noise than FlowMotion... especially much less chroma noise. With regard to noise (fine grain) I think GOLGOP13 even has a slight edge over Valkyrie... but they are very, very close. 24p of Valkyrie looks simply gorgeous!

So far Valkyrie also survived my torture test routines ...

Looks really good - many thanks for these exceptionally well tuned settings!

scene.jpg
    800 x 450 - 52K
    decoder_comp.png
    1396 x 742 - 293K
    FloMo_HBR_ISO400_defocussed_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 44K
    Valkyrie_HBR_ISO400_defocussed_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 42K
    GOLGOP13_HBR_ISO400_defocussed_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 42K
  • @towi I've been looking at the 24p low light on 1.3 too. The grain is extremely good. I'm not sure it's better than 1.2 but it's not worse.

acar1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • I've been playing with some of Saturdays clips and pushing them some....They look like they will grade well even in 720P...this is 1.2 and a 14-140 lens

blue.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
  • Christmas all over again, Thank you @bkmcwd

• @bkmcwd. Thanks for stabilize C1.2 by the new C1.3 ! As I told you in private, this patch is amazing with very big I frame size and beautiful motion... Thanks for your help for Avid workflow, I'll test it. Good work.I'll try C1.3 soon.

• @towi

Hi, mate! :-)

Thank you for your intelligible comparison. The result of GOLGOP3-13-A is especially impressive.

About TYPE-ZERO2, especially I adhered to 25p by cooperation from @Tobsen.

"So far Valkyrie also survived my torture test routines ..."

Since it referred to the feedback from @peternap and @jul and I teased in iA mode and S mode thoroughly, I am glad if it is a good result.

• @peternap Thanks for testing C1.3 soon! looks nice. :-)

@abraham1307 Please try C1.3 and thanks for your comment! :-)

@jul Thanks for your feedbacks! :-) Please tell me the result in "S" Mode again. And I am going to investigate an Avid issue succeedingly.

• @bkmcwd gonna load it tonight. Any wishes for analysis shots?

• @Tobsen It does not matter anything. It is as before and is satisfactory.  Not a stress test but I would like to check image quality. Thanks always. :-)

• @bkmcwd

re: GOLGOP3-13-A_BETA4b

1080i50 GOP Table=4, 4, 4, 4, 13, 13 to improve stability

:-)

• @towi

Thanks for your advice! Although I have already tried it, I verify again. :-)

• @bkmcwd check inbox ;)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters