Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • It's ugly , i don't like the looks its like a cheap canon :(

• @Kihlian I add other speculations :)

Speaking exclusively to TechRadar at Photokina 2012, Uematsu acknowledged that there have been many requests for focus peaking on the Panasonic GH3 to indicate the sharpest areas in a scene when a video is being recorded. He went on to say that this, and 'zebras' (a type of exposure warning) could be added with a firmware upgrade.

However, he went on to say that adding features with a firmware upgrade takes a level of resources that isn't currently available, and the company would have to assess the demand.

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/panasonic-confirms-gh3-could-have-peaking-1098408

• @Vitaliy

Are there any cameras that use HDMI out to get a 4:2:2 10bit signal?

• Maybe marketing people think customer are like when a girl go to buy a laptop (excuse me women) Hooh it´s so nice white I buy it. ;-) @LongJohnSilver and here you have another trash comment in this topic :)

• In a way I think I can understand that they prefer to have business suits rather than tech nerds on display there. But they could at least just take one geek out of their lab and hide him behind a curtain to answer those precious questions.

• @LongJohnSilver

Panasonic always acted like this.
    As I am aware, Pentax has more top managment on site, but same problem with any tech guys.

Exhibition is like peacocks competition for managment. As Carlin said, it is competition who have bigger dick.

If some stupid poor tech developer will lead introduction, it undermines credibility.

• I really do not understand them. It's the most important photo show in the world; you are annuncing your so called "flagship model" and you bring with you only marketing guys? I do not pretend having there the Venus Engine Obi-Wan Kenobi but just a tech dept. guys which can answer to some question a little bit more tech than my mother's questions... I do not know if it's the same for other Brand. I'm curious to know if Canon acted the same with their announcements...

• My lone $20 feels very secure.

twen.jpg
    391 x 276 - 39K
  • How could they not know what the capabilities are

Quite simply, they have no idea. Same as you have no idea on most things in this world :-) Fuys still work on minor aspects and firmware.
    HD-SDI has no relation to the problem.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

How could they not know what the capabilities are... are there any other cameras with a clean HDMI, or is it only with HD-SDI, BnC port that you can get a clean 1080p signal?

• They seems a bunch of beginners, really :)

• Btw head US Panasonic imaging manager have NO IDEA about HDMI output capabilities and say that it'll be clear in final version.

We'll know other answers version soon.

• But there is still to many question marks with GH3 to judge it on way or the anather. Some small details like using Android or IOS device as remotecontroller sounds relly cool if those works.

• @LongJohnSilver

LOL

We have wiki pages for this. If I missed some valuable data, just tell and I'll add it.

Forum topic can't be collection of data. Won't work.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I saw you already "gardened" this thread but it's so full of BS, speculations, rants (from myself too) mixed with real data that it should be erased asap and started a new one once we have full specs and features...

• @LongJohnSilver

Yep, they already went to the place.

• Yep, they also lauch massive marketing shit called very originally "changing photography".
    I am sure if money will be enough, they will argue laws of physics in their ads.

• If I remember well today our guys will have an interview with a Panny rep.

I hope we will have some definitive statement from them...

• @VK

We are dangerous. We eat batteries and and move with power oh gasoline.

• Btw, GH3 is made for "hybrid photographers", not for usual people.
    I really do not know is this "hybrid" guys dangerous or not? Sounds really so.

• @Greek_m43

Yep, but looks like marketing for new paid authors site startup and manfrotto marketing. level of discussion is quite bad.

• @mpgxsvcd .. totally agree .. DR, and colour bit depth are my desires.

• I`m think such features as focus peaking and follow focus easy to realize in android and ios apps. Any SDK in future? Or only application by panasonic?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions