Personal View site logo
35mm F1.4 and F0.95 SLR Magic Cine lenses
  • 234 Replies sorted by
  • @igorek7 Thanks. :)

The price on the f/1.4 is certainly attractive. I look forward to seeing what they come up with image quality-wise.

• @Tobsen @Vitaliy_Kiselev That page in the photo about the SLR Magic 35mm T0.95 version had some wrong info: The correct and new info: The 35mm T0.95 lens weights 750 g, its length is 97mm, the aperture consists of 10 rounded blades and lens has follow focus 0.8 pitch gear. The lens is different from the Mitakon 35mm f/0.95 in length and the optical elements. More later.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev here is the 35mm T1.4. The lens on the red pad is the 35mm T0.95.

P1180368.JPG
    4575 x 2792 - 6M
  • possible. I thought they would create something like a cine series with same lens housings and dimensions so work with follow focus and mattebox would be easier... well.

• @Tobsen

It is for T0.95, seems to be redesigned Mitakon.

• wow...44.1mm? 110 gram? that hig is tiny!

• @igorek7

It is another lens :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev @B3Guy The official info. I'm going to return to this lens and post more info.

P1240156.JPG
    2123 x 2397 - 3M
  • @B3Guy should have 12 blades. Like the 50mm cine.

• Number of aperture blades? Breathing?

Photo by Igor Drozdovsky.

lenses1.jpg
    451 x 600 - 38K
  • I just got a new 12/1.6 and so far so good. THe gear is pretty solid, rotates the right way, etc. I still have to go out and shoot with it but in testing I was pretty satisfied with it. I didn't notice any weird focus plane issues.

This sounds like a great option, and the idea of a 35/0.95 also killer.

• I hope so too. I am still undecided regarding the 12mm Hyperprime due to all the critiques. I can only talk about the 50mm cine T0.95.

• I just hope SLR Magic sorted out their quality control problems. I love my 12mm Hyperprime since it performs even better than my 25mm Nokton with both at F1.4 but the focus plane is pretty messed up on the Hyperprime. The left fourth of the picture is focussed at 2-3m when the rest is at infinity.

• Besides those, they will also showcase a T0.95 version of this lens and a 25mm T0.95. I am basically covered, but I am curious how they perform.

Aside from people (incl. myself) reporting negative stuff about their customer service I do like their lenses. My company owns the 50 cine T0.95 and that thing is sharp, super fast and doesn't vignette.

• I've read US $279, and $399 for 23mm. Is SLR Magic any good?

• I´m personally a tad dissapointed it´s a 35mm.. (I don´t find that focal length very pleasing on the gh2 sensor, more so on standard m43 sensor) A slightly longer lens would have been king. 38 or 42.

• Interesting. Price point? Compared to Samyang 35mm, which one has better IQ? Any tests so far? Samyang's minimum aperture is f22

• Extremely interesting. I have tried to get a copy of the Minolta MD 35 f1.8, but remain unsuccessful in doing so. This could be it for 35 mm. There is inexpensive Konica Hexanon 40 mm f1.8, but is slightly soft at full aperture and obviously not the same angle.