Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • haha , I just wanted to point out the firmware is not final and maybe we will see some changes on the final version :)

• Good video. Is sad not to know the final specs even when the camera is offialy released.

• I don't see the depth of field test/aperture test button, that was the "erase" shift button on the GH2.

• I just viewed Bloom's "Genesis" again. He did say he had shot it with a prototype so I am going to be fair. But if that prototype is anything to go by, there are many issues that need to be resolved before Panasonic releases the final firmware: terrible aliasing, lots of motion judder, at some points almost like field error, especially the pan shot of the red car driving off past the cafe windows, terrible smarting in dark areas / shadows. Are these issues due to Youtube's compression or what? I also saw a clip shot with the Nikon D600, also on Youtube full HD. None of these problems.

The cat video shows improvement, albeit some aliasing is still present.

Pl panasonic, dont let me down. GH3 cant be worse off than GH2

• When will Panasonic learn how to do a proper product presentation, ie: marketing, with full specs, products for public to try..... ending all this speculation bollocks. It seems Panasonic have little confidence in their own product... test the water first by tipping their toes in and see what happens. Just make the damm thing and be done with it... none of this shit happens with other manufactures. They just end alienating their customers. Poor show Panasonic, i see nothing has changed :-( All this shit takes me back to @Vitaliy_kiselev april's fool... if only.... things would be much different:-)

• Lol`s @Diffusion33, seems like VK joke in aprils fools keep reminiscent in some heads. I agree with you, other manufactures are better telling truth about their products.

• Launching a product at the most important photo show and bringing just ONE camera with firmware 0.4 and no tech guys... Whit this premise I would not marvel if they miss the next milestone. Xmas is very near and they must be on the shelf asap.

• Add here extremely "positive" news from China combined with great idea to move main production :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

To me, one of the "strangest" rumours is the alleged sony sensor. Despite of the quality and blah blah blah... What's the ratio behind such a move (if confirmed). Ok, Sony demonstrated to produce probably the best sensors out there but Panasonic has a long production history and the GH2 sensor, among the others, is a fact o excellence. Again, if confirmed Whatever their agreements says I would not believe that Sony could sell their very best/latest sensor technology to one of their strong competitor in several fields.

• "extremely positive" lol.

The good. At least we will see made in japan product. The bad. Wi will not see to much of them.

• I'm still thinking they don't want 4,2,2 HDMI so it won't compete with their Professional Camcorders. This isn't the place to ask about an AF200 though.

• Sensor is not from sony, im shure. If panasonic make that move, should be for more important reasons than technology wise.

Maybe they knew what was coming from china, and make final move. Only reason should be mass production issues, that they have before in GH1 GH2 production. Even though i dont thinks its sony. And if is...then well..will see why they did it soon.

• @LongJohnSilver

We had some reference in topic that they axed some parts of sensor development part of corporation. To save money.

• Remember, panny built a new sensor factory not too long ago. Companies like this typically axe people and then ask the remaining folks to do more work for the same pay.

• From the GH3/GH2/G5 comparison chart, seems like the G5 if hacked to increse the video rate, could be the best value and compromise in terms of price and performance for consumers.

It does not have the wifi or smart phone remote control, but it has the hi res LCD, 920,000 dots compred to GH3's 614,000

But the GH3 is still the ultimate video cam formance wise.

what i really like to know is the audio performance of the GH3: noise floor and dynamic range. If it is better than that of the GH2 and if it can replace an external audio recorder, then it is tremendous value as wll as convenience.

• That price will drop in three months or stay? Is it too much in relation to the GH2. I'm thinking of selling my GH2 body, but I only get half the budget for GH3.

• @Manu4Vendetta Don't expect a price drop until May or June 2013. As a former electronics product manager, I'm reasonably sure they will maintain pricing to maximize profit while the "early adopters" are ordering, and will offer rebates or other incentives only six months after the official availability, which is November 2012.

Of course, there may well be a sales boost in January, when Vitaliy releases the GH3 hack. :-)

I'm planning to hang on to my GH2 for the next six months, and maybe longer. Panasonic are a business, and will always make decisions based on Japanese business principles, which means profit is more important than market share. I'm sure if they priced at less than US$1,000 they could seriously erode their competitor's share, but they would also need to spend a lot on advertising too, to reach the volumes required.

• OK, I need some help. The whole day I treid to upload the press conference video with different computer, browsers etc. Always the upload is interrupted.

Can aynbody give me the Edus 3 settings to export, a 720/50p video for Vimeo? Did it in my eyes according to the vimeo compression, but it did not work seemingly. Any input will be appreciated.

• Maybe it is the Audio. Vimeo hneeds 44.1 kHz and mine has 48 kHz

• GH3 body only preorder is up at Panasonci USA website: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-GH3KBODY

• @AKED

Switch browser! I´ve had continuous problems uploading with firefox, f.i.

• @AKED why don't you create a torrent ? and give us the torrent file.

• Hmmm... with no 4:2:2 HDMI output, I'll probably end up getting a Black Magic Cam. Hope you're listening Panasonic, sounds like there's still time to change it...

Even the cripple-kings at Sony have HDMI output on the new DLSRs... it would be insane to leave it out on the GH3.

• @aked after interrupted uploud on Vimeo you can change the way (speed) of upload for slower one. It happened to me with 0.38 MB uploud speed. After changing to basic uploader works OK. Export from NLE always 5mbs. 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz does not matter for upload interrupt.

• Should we rally and ask Panasonic for 4:2:2 HDMI out?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions