Personal View site logo
'Apocalypse Now' Experimental Series 1 Thread - BOOM, Intravenus - cbrandin/driftwood AN Soft/Cinema
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • @thepalalias: really? sorry, i cant remember where i asked that same question, but thx anyway m8! I cracked the 30 recently and maybe all those hectolitres of beer have left their damage unnoticedly. I will experiment with sedna for now. (edit: now i know what you mean. i was not checkin that forum anymore today :-) cheers)

@driftwood: cheers for the info! will intravenus be rather experimental or allround? a good allround intra with soft matrix would be the bomb! I am trying sedna q20 c right now...

• @Driftwood you could not have said it any better than that! I shot this Music video using both "Boom" and "Nebula GOP6"

I must say both myself and the client were blown away by what you have created with your continuous tireless efforts turning a relatively unknown camera into a serious piece of kit.

I cant thank you and this community enough, and I hope this example reiterates my position.

• @driftwood just wanted to echo what @Mirrorkisser said, about a good all-around intra setting with the soft matrix. I foresee that being my new hack of choice. So excited - thanks for your hard work! Also, kudos on giving credit to @LPowell and others, where credit is due.

• @Nameless: lovely ! wonderfull footage

• @botha Much appreciated...@driftwood makes my job easier, thank him lol

• @Nameless That music video is great. Well done. Beautifully shot. You should be proud - great stuff really. What settings were you using (smooth, all -2,etc)? That's a good looking lady you were working with on this video - any chance you can sort out a proper introduction for me?! You know - just one personal-view.com guy doing a favor for another personal-view.com guy. Great work - really reminded me of some early Madonna stuff from the 80's.

• @matt_gh2 Thank you very much for those really kind words. It is really appreciated. The fact it reminds you of Madonna's early stuff really brings a smile to the face.

The settings i used are exactly as you mentioned "smooth, all -2,etc".

In regards to the young lady...STEP IN LINE lol....

Only kidding. She is a fantastic talent and if you get a moment check out some of her music: http://cherrivoncelle.bandcamp.com/

• GH3 Has Arrived

Panasonic's web site and the GH3 descriptor ...click here

B&H photo video list price for GH3 body is $1300 ...click here

A short using the pre-production GH3 with Philip Bloom, Bruce Logan and others ...as well as a behind the scenes short: http://philipbloom.net/2012/09/15/genesis/

Engadget article on the GH3 ...click here

Gizmodo article on the GH3 ...click here

The folks at Zacuto review the Panasonic GH3 ...and as you would guess advertise their stuff:

• @Nameless Great work and an excellent example of what the GH2 is capable of (in the right hands). Watched the 'making of video' and then the release. Really kewl to see how it comes together. Thanks!

• Boom! using Etc Mode on a Voigtlander 25mm. Low res screen grabs - jpg v png.

ETC Boom! iquique Beach Chile.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 282K
    Iquique lo res screen grab png version.png
    1280 x 1048 - 1M
  • Shot with "444 Soft"

• @driftwood Shot of the ocean looks great. Stunning framing on that. Wish I could enlarge, but when I click on stills in personal-view, sometimes they expand, sometimes they don't. Great frame up. I'm usually bored with typical film shots of ocean, but you've got some good energy here. Well done.

Edit: Actually got it to open. Great detail. Not sure if it's just my eyes, but is dynamic range here with Boom actually better than normal? Looks great to me. Thanks for posting.

• Art in Fact is not There...... Driftwood's Boom: Shot 24mm Canon Lens , Iso 160, SS @ 50 , App 5.8 , Cinema 24P , Vib 0 0 2 0 SD is a cheap PNY Pro Elite, Class 10, 32 gig , Heavy shadows, afternoon light. Contrast. This is a straight MTS file. @Vitaliy,@Driftwood,@cbrandin and the rest Thanks.Your Brilliant. Mind the chatter of Vimeo crap compression.

• Some great work chaps @Nameless @APA @exilenorth - Well done.

• @Bonzai Thanks for taking time to watch the process and thanks for the kind comments.

• @Mirrorkisser thanks. Was looking for sunshine but a big bad cloud came up and never went away :(

• GH3 = Awesome. :( Sad face for my GH2

• @Nameless @APA @exilenorth Superb!

@APA Hell of a teaser mate!

• Now Boom in a test. Looks promising, at least 24p and 25p do good job. Need still more testing before use it in real life situation.

• @driftwood from your words we could easily figure out that gh2's maximum usability hacks are going to be released. off course there wont be much of a hack after this time while GH3 is on its way. Thank you so much sir.

• @rajamalik: thats what i hope, too. A sweet cinematic allround intra setting that will remain on my gh2 for the future. Thanks for all your efforts driftwood, i am really curious if it will be the same with the GH3. Sometimes waiting for a new setting here feels like being a child again on christmas, i would terribly miss that!!

• //edit, oeps sorry, wrong topic...

• Just curious you guys, what do you do for color temperature? I haven't figured out a good system yet. On other cameras I usually dial in either 3200 or 5500, or I just go by what looks good by eye. I've found out that I can't trust my eye on the GH2 monitor, and everything else usually gives me a greenish / yellowish tint. I attached a few screen shots, I think I had it up to 6000 to make it a little warmer, but it has this cast I don't really like. These are with BOOM with a voigtlander 25mm.

Screen shot 2012-09-18 at 11.26.38 PM.png
    1280 x 800 - 1M
    Screen shot 2012-09-18 at 11.27.09 PM.png
    1280 x 800 - 1M
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions