Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • @LongJohnSilver

Yep. We made a few :-) Dieter is just amazing guy.

• CNET seems to support the idea of Focus peaking :-) http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/panasonic-lumix-dmc-gh3/4505-6501_7-35438072.html this link is direct from panasonic too :-)

• I am buying Dieter lunch if he bolted out of that bar with the camera. I will buy him dinner if he filmed it with the GH2. And I will buy him every meal if he filmed it with the GH3 as he was running away from security! :)

• ALLIASING yes ... but I'm not surprised, there were already on the GH2, in general, I was filming the bright or dynamic mode, with the aim voigtlander 25mm 0.95 there (the alliasing) eg.

• Dieter Knuettel:

He'll share his opinion soon :-)

dieter.jpg
    447 x 600 - 77K
    dieter1.jpg
    725 x 560 - 72K
  • I've just found a cheaper GH3 that is already available!! :-P http://www.realgh3.com/index.php/gh3-products/gh3-facial-milk.html

• What are those two wheels for? What is that connector cap on the front left side?

RTFM myself :)

Humm they moved iso and wb on the top... it will be a nightmare designing a underwater housing.

• @mpgxsvcd I also see a fair amount of alaising...not end of the world but certainly there!

Is peaking confirmed? I dont go by Reids speculations...hes already starting the hyperbole.

• So... Anyone knows the official release date? Can't wait to get my hands on that cam!

• i will buy this camera i like it, and for people Who crying dont buy it, :-) Is also canon o nikon

• Did I miss something or did Panasonic leave something out?

"Video recording has received the biggest upgrade, with options to record in 1080p 50p AVCHD (28Mbps) as well as MOV ALL-I (72Mbps)."

• Now I see the aliasing. 48 seconds in. Here is the image from that scene. Upper left windows shimmer in the video. Not terrible though. There was also a little aliasing in the chimney in the city scene from my post above.

I will post everything in this post.

Dyno00009.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Dyno00010.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • @guys

Please, use edit option, do not turn things into chat.

• Not sure cause for aliasing, I next to never saw any on GH2. If @mpgxsvch could not see any in the download, we can assume was the compression.

• deleted double post

• @jizzyjones

Hmm, so we concur, at the market. Is it the lens? Wonder if the GH2 would yield the same aliasing at the same places

@mpgxsvcd

@jizzyjones and I spotted some aliasing at the market. I saw some motion judder as well. You might like to review it

• The Pampuri video is very impressive. I couldn't see any moire or aliasing in the downloaded file. Just a little noise in the Ipad wifey shot. Looks like a fantastic camera to me.

Dyno00002.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Dyno00003.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Dyno00004.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Dyno00005.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • The GH4 will be very nice

• 2-3 instances in the market scenes, especially wide shots but I only watched it once.

• @jizzyjones

Saw one instance of aliasing, at the market, on top at the ceiling, somewhere left centre, then some motion judder early on when the camera tracks along the raddishes. Where else did you find the aliasing?

• At B&H, it says this in the description.

AF Functions for Video Shooting Face Detection AF, Full-area Touch AF, and AF Tracking, which automatically tracks moving subjects, can be used for shooting videos just as they are for shooting still images.

If this worked well, it could be pretty big. Rack focusing could be done by touching the screen at the right time and with AF tracking, there might not be a need for focus pulling for certain shots. I'm still pretty skeptical though because contrast-detect AF always does that annoying back and forth focusing. I think there'll eventually be a time when focusing can be done almost fully electronically.

• I watched fullscreen on Vimeo in HD

• It looks like AVC-HD is for ornamental use only. I see no reason to use anything but 1080p @ 60 FPS and 1080p @ 24 FPS(25 FPS mode for PAL) .MOV with the GH3. Well perhaps the 640x480 mode for the longest ETC. The other modes are useless including the slow motion modes. Just record 1080p @ 60 FPS and slow down in post.

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/gh3/img/video_capability/vrf_image01.gif

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions