Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @bkmcwd: just been testing candidate 5. Very nice image. It did not span though at my sandisk extreme 45MBS in 24p with a canon fd 35mm. At a length of 4minutes 37 seconds the camera just stopped recording. Except spanning the setting works fine though, no freezes and in camera playback.

• I am sorry that I am delayed in a reply since I have stuck to job for several of these days. :-(

@danielvy Many thanks for your feedbacks! :-)

"no failures of any kind"

IMHO, GOP3ZILLA_V3_BETA1 and GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_BETA7g are very stable and good quality although they are still the BETA versions.

@Tobsen Thanks for your report! :-)

Since 444 matrix of Chris differ in character from old matrices fundamentally, it is very difficult to stabilize settings except 24p. Honestly, still, C4.1 or C5 are not perfect except 24p. However, the more stable version is due to be done soon.

• @bkmcwd While we wait fot your new version, can you answer me a question... I need the best hack, meaning: Best image, highest bitrate, best color performance- but most important of all, no failures of any kind, because im going to a job and i cant fail, or miss a file, etc. I own a sdxc 64g 95mb class10. I aprecciatte yopur answer. Thanks!

• @bkmcwd shot with C5 today and it froze only once with the first press of the record button. After that, worked flawlessly, also in EXTele and 720p. Only had a peek so far, but the footage looks good! Once, we start editing I can provide some framegrabs.

Since Tuesday I have been shooting HBR in smooth all -2. Today first try 720p with same settings.

• @bkmcwd I didn´t try the 4.1 setting you uploaded, i jumped from 4 to 5. But i feel that 720p in c5 is perfect, the difficulties were only in HBR mode, the setting i used was all in 0. I´ve seen that many use all in -2, maybe was a mistake from my part to leave all in 0. Waiting for your new setting, I think it´s close!

• I am now working on improving TYPE-ZERO2 Candidates. There are 2 points of improving element.

*The 1st is the strength of Deblocking effect.

*The 2nd is bandwith controls.

I have already mede 5 candidates for TYPE-ZERO2. As for this, I am making the variation with the 1st element.

Each feature is as follows.

C1-C2: Horizontal artifacts in HBR is reduced by change of a matrix.

C3-C5: In addition to the above, artifacts in 720p is reduced by adjustment of Deblocking tables.

From now on, I make it further stabilized by adjustment of GOP tables about the 2nd element. With this matrix, I have recognized that adjustment with the same technique as former is difficult. Since I consider "stability" to top priority, I do not give up about this.

It seems that erase artifacts in 720p cannot be finished by C5. In 720p, I am required in feedback of whether the Deblocking effect of C4.1 is enough...

Edit: In 24p, in TYPE-ZERO2 Candidates also including TYPE-ZERO1, although there are delicate differences, the difference may not almost be recognized. And I think that they are all satisfactory at stability and IQ.

• Many thanks @danielvy! :-)

On what kind of scene did artifacts appear? I think it unavoidable that artifacts appears to some extent for interlace structure. About freezing, I make HBR settle down to a slight degree.

• @bkmcwd i used a sdxc 64g 95mb class10... here is the test. Artifacts seen in HBR, and also freezin of the cam. The rest beautiful.

• @danielvy

Thanks for your report! Which card did you use? And it may not freeze, if it is Candidate4.1.

• I tried the c5 and in HBR the camera freezed. I had to take the battery out to restore the function. The rest of the format types seems to be ok. I´ll upload in a while some footage...

• @Mirrorkisser

Honestly, I am not sure, either. However, I think that comparing with "TYPE-ZERO1" is one standard since all the starting points are "TYPE-ZERO1."

Since a result changes also with a use lens, of course, an opinion may change with people. Moreover, a difference may not be recognized when using lenses other than Pany. On the other hand, I think that a difference does not come out so much in especially 24p among candidates. It may be able to be said that C5 is good in such meaning. :-)

• @bkmcwd: which c-version is best for 24p, if u say that with c5 all modes have changed? Ty

• @Tobsen

If I say strictly, ALL have changed. :-)

It is because change of a Deblocking tables influences all the modes. Therefore, other parameters, such as GOP tables, are readjusted. C5 is slightly made more sharp than C4.

• @bkmcwd Does C5 only improve 720p?

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate5 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - Setb.ini - Released 12/09/2012

"TYPE-ZERO1" released previously was not good in other than 24p. And, TYPE-ZERO2 "Candidate3" is too agressive in 720p mode. Therefore, I made experimental 4th candidate setting **for HBR mode and 720p. Furthermore, I release "Candidate5" which changed in the Deblocking tables of C4 slightly and was retuned up.

*In 720p, Candidate5 is safer and better quality than C4.

I reduced artifacts in HBR and 720p, following the pure original matrix of Chris as much as possible.

Please try this. And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

Special thanks to @har_k and @syoushow! :-)

Of course, thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 70M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 55M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate5 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • Now, I am tweaking in order to improve TYPE-ZERO2_C4 slightly. Probably I am going to release C5 during this evening. :-)

• @hi1130

Welcome!

In this forum, a year ago, although the camera was made in Japan, I was almost the only Japanese. As for me, it is glad that the Japanese who can arrange a setting other than me have increased in number recently... Many thanks. :-)

@atothek707

Thanks for very good footage with GOP3ZILLA! The countenance like Philosopher of a lizard and the beauty in nature are wonderful. :-)

• While I know there are newer versions, here's a little vid of the GOP3ZILLA Beta 3 shot with a macro lens and combination of shot at 24p and slo-mo 60p, with most shots in ex-tele mode, which works fine in iso160 and a bit noisy as 320. Only light grading done.

• @bkmcwd We like reliable high quality setting of Japan. I expect the team of you and Japan thanks always!!

• @Shishboombah Thanks! Please tell me comment again. :-)

• @bkmcwd I think its very good !,looks great..gonna try the new patch you just posted.

• @mozes Many thanks for feedbacks from you and beautiful sample footage! :-)

@Shishboombah Thanks for testing Valkyrie! How did you feel? :-)

• UPDATE(12/09/2012) Since mistake input was in the setting of Candidate4, what was corrected is set to "Candidate4.1".

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate4.1 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - Setd.ini - Released 12/09/2012

"TYPE-ZERO1" released previously was not good in other than 24p. And, TYPE-ZERO2 "Candidate3" is too agressive in 720p mode. Therefore, I made experimental 4th candidate setting **for HBR mode and 720p.

*In 720p, Candidate4.1 is safer than C3.

I reduced artifacts in HBR and 720p, following the pure original matrix of Chris as much as possible.

Please try this. And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

Special thanks to @har_k and @syoushow! :-)

Of course, thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 70M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 55M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

*Please DL 2nd ini file! 1st one is not good.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate4.1 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • Just tried out the patch.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters