Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @Mirrorkisser

Welcome! :-)

"candidate 1 is the matrix by cbrandin?"

No, My BETA TEST team in Japan made both.

"what is the difference between the 2 settings?"

Of course, these have followed the character of the pure original matrix of Chris in principle. However, the concept to which two gave priority is different. If it says simply, C1 gives priority only to "reducing artifacts." In C2, not only reduction of artifacts but balance with other elements is thought as important. I cannot judge which is HBR suitable for this setting.

"is 24p affected at all?"

No, 24p is completely the same as TYPE-ZERO1.

• @mozes

Although the image quality of 720p in this setting is also wonderful to be sure, since artifacts often appears, improvement is required.

• @bkmcwd Hi everyone. I recently bought gh2, and i did it because of the extraordinary hacks! thanks everyone involved in this!. I wanted to know if is there a progress in the new hack. I havent hacked my camera yet and o want to do it with the best one. It seems that this one "TYPE-ZERO2" is going to be the best im waiting to know if it is safe to record in other formats than 108024p, althou i almost work with this setting. Thanks again!

• @danielvy

"if it is safe to record in other formats than 108024p"

IMO, it is SAFE at least in using with SanDisk 95MB/s SDXC. And, although warned as "Experimental", if even HBR and 720p can be shot with quite good image quality, I feel. Please try them and thanks for feedbacks. :-)

• bkmcwd September 9 @mozes Although the image quality of 720p in this setting is also wonderful to be sure, since artifacts often appears, improvement is required.

i did plan i good test tonight.
    But i forget my tripod, and my dog keeps running away #@##$
    So just 2 short clips, but i am impressed.
    720p pal
    iso 3200
    Standard all -2
    Manual setting on A
    SS around 1/100

00004_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 148K
    00005_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 145K
    Image1.png
    1280 x 720 - 1007K
    Image4.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    10-9-2012 21-42-24.png
    1193 x 996 - 144K
  • @mozes which version/candidate of Valkyrie did you test? I am really curious about artifacts in HBR and 720p50.

• @Tobsen
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and ' Modified 444 Matrix

By the way. from last Sunday.
    Fast short and dirty test after the small changes done in 720...

• @mozes thanks! Footage looks great - even on YOutube! You mean changes from old to current version or changes made by yourself?

• by me, just a small change...
    i almost sure that bkmcwd will come with a update that is even better soon.

• @mozes ok, I see. Thx. Thinking of loading this setting for a shot tomorrow...Will be shot in HBR though.

• @mozes

The result looks nice! And thanks for tips. :-) I am working on improving TYPE-ZERO2_C1. Since it is already done about the matrix, I am just going to adjust the bit rate now.

@Tobsen

In the version released next, "Candidate3", I have reduced artifacts in HBR and 720p. :-) The matrix in HBR becomes the almostly same as TYPE-ZERO2_C1. I will release the new one tonight.

• @bkmcwd In the version released next, "Candidate3", I have reduced artifacts in HBR and 720p. :-) The matrix in HBR becomes the almostly same as TYPE-ZERO2_C1. I will release the new one tonight.

Thank you!

• @peternap

Welcome! :-)

I will release next one at right now.

• @danielvy

I am preparing the release now. Writing explanation in English requires time for me rather than making a setting. LOL

• UPDATE(12/09/2012):

I released 4th candidate of following Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 AN.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate4 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - Setd.ini - Released 12/09/2012

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/84273#Comment_84273

*Please use new Candidate4 rather than Candidate3!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate3 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - Setd.ini - Released 11/09/2012

Since "TYPE-ZERO1" released previously was not good in other than 24p, I made experimental 3rd candidate setting for HBR mode and 720p.

I reduced artifacts in HBR and 720p, following the pure original matrix of Chris as much as possible.

Please try this. And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

Special thanks to @har_k and @syoushow! :-)

Of course, thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 55M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate3 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • Instaling as im writing... i´m going to do some tests today and post. Thanks!

• @danielvy

Many thanks for feedbacks! :-)

• @bkmcwd I'm going to look at the big three today. 1080 24, 720-60, and very low light.

• @peternap

I am very interested in your results. :-)

• @bkmcwd. I tested your latest settings on all modes using Panasonic 14-140mm and Sandisk 64GB 95mbs. All recording modes worked fine with great image quality. I even reduced the 24L to 88M from 118M for lower storage alternative and it still provides great quality. Thanks for your hard work.

• @bkmcwd Then will i do it in . 1080 24, HBR and720-50, tonight from a Sunset.
    With the same profile settings as i have done in Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2

• @Zaven13

Many thanks for feedbacks!

"I even reduced the 24L to 88M from 118M for lower storage alternative and it still provides great quality."

Very interesting. I will also try. :-)

@mozes

"With the same profile settings as i have done in Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2"

In my judgment, I think that as it is may be sufficient about 720p encoder settings. However, I am very interested also in your result. :-)

• I just started but the usual keep it or not shots in 720 and 1080, look good. The 720-60 looked especially good and this was freehand. Color is good in standard -2 I think low light will be the deciding factor.

ver31.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    ver32.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • @peternap Thanks for feedback. Since especially I improved so that the matrix of Chris could be used in 720p this time, I am glad supposing a result is good.

"I think low light will be the deciding factor."

Interesting! :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters