Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @peternap

Welcome! :-)

I will release next one at right now.

• @bkmcwd In the version released next, "Candidate3", I have reduced artifacts in HBR and 720p. :-) The matrix in HBR becomes the almostly same as TYPE-ZERO2_C1. I will release the new one tonight.

Thank you!

• @mozes

The result looks nice! And thanks for tips. :-) I am working on improving TYPE-ZERO2_C1. Since it is already done about the matrix, I am just going to adjust the bit rate now.

@Tobsen

In the version released next, "Candidate3", I have reduced artifacts in HBR and 720p. :-) The matrix in HBR becomes the almostly same as TYPE-ZERO2_C1. I will release the new one tonight.

• @mozes ok, I see. Thx. Thinking of loading this setting for a shot tomorrow...Will be shot in HBR though.

• by me, just a small change...
    i almost sure that bkmcwd will come with a update that is even better soon.

• @mozes thanks! Footage looks great - even on YOutube! You mean changes from old to current version or changes made by yourself?

• @Tobsen
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and ' Modified 444 Matrix

By the way. from last Sunday.
    Fast short and dirty test after the small changes done in 720...

• @mozes which version/candidate of Valkyrie did you test? I am really curious about artifacts in HBR and 720p50.

• bkmcwd September 9 @mozes Although the image quality of 720p in this setting is also wonderful to be sure, since artifacts often appears, improvement is required.

i did plan i good test tonight.
    But i forget my tripod, and my dog keeps running away #@##$
    So just 2 short clips, but i am impressed.
    720p pal
    iso 3200
    Standard all -2
    Manual setting on A
    SS around 1/100

00004_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 148K
    00005_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 145K
    Image1.png
    1280 x 720 - 1007K
    Image4.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    10-9-2012 21-42-24.png
    1193 x 996 - 144K
  • @danielvy

"if it is safe to record in other formats than 108024p"

IMO, it is SAFE at least in using with SanDisk 95MB/s SDXC. And, although warned as "Experimental", if even HBR and 720p can be shot with quite good image quality, I feel. Please try them and thanks for feedbacks. :-)

• @bkmcwd Hi everyone. I recently bought gh2, and i did it because of the extraordinary hacks! thanks everyone involved in this!. I wanted to know if is there a progress in the new hack. I havent hacked my camera yet and o want to do it with the best one. It seems that this one "TYPE-ZERO2" is going to be the best im waiting to know if it is safe to record in other formats than 108024p, althou i almost work with this setting. Thanks again!

• @mozes

Although the image quality of 720p in this setting is also wonderful to be sure, since artifacts often appears, improvement is required.

• @Mirrorkisser

Welcome! :-)

"candidate 1 is the matrix by cbrandin?"

No, My BETA TEST team in Japan made both.

"what is the difference between the 2 settings?"

Of course, these have followed the character of the pure original matrix of Chris in principle. However, the concept to which two gave priority is different. If it says simply, C1 gives priority only to "reducing artifacts." In C2, not only reduction of artifacts but balance with other elements is thought as important. I cannot judge which is HBR suitable for this setting.

"is 24p affected at all?"

No, 24p is completely the same as TYPE-ZERO1.

• i "always" do shorts clip test, never be a problem.
    the hbr and 24p are fine, no probs ad all with the same playing time.....

btw, it looks amazing good, i did point to the flowers, with a peace off blue sky and partly out off focus, with some dark parts in the green with a reason, most time in the green it looks bad, but not this time...
    i wil play some more with it, and i think i will keep it on my gh2 for a while... ;-)

@bkmcwd it seams like i have fixt it.. i will sent you a pm.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 updated.png
    540 x 1010 - 65K
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 Updated streamparser.PNG
    746 x 412 - 157K
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 updated screenshot.png
    1288 x 891 - 1M
  • @bkmcwd: candidate 1 is the matrix by cbrandin? and what is the difference between the 2 settings? is 24p affected at all? Thanks for your efforts!

• *Trick Mode calculations may be incorrect (Clip < 20 seconds)

• @mozes Thanks for testing! :-) However, 720p of these settings are experimental. Although I have been going to secure about stability, I have not verified finely yet about image quality. Please do not forget it.

"trickmode?"

Isn't a Duration time only too short?

• visual it looks oke, but.... 720 pal jumps in trickmode?
    Profile standard all -2
    Lens set to +/-100mm and the tele2 on.... (i use that a lot).
    i will up the short 20mb clip

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2.png
    568 x 1020 - 53K
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 streamparser.PNG
    746 x 454 - 175K
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 screenshot.png
    1283 x 877 - 1M
  • i give it a try
    i am stuck with my own settings, and around the 75mb for 720 is what i want.

• bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1 & 2 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and ' Modified 444 Matrix' - Setb.ini & Setd.ini - Released 09/09/2012

Since "TYPE-ZERO1" released previously was not good in other than 24p, I made experimental 2 settings for HBR mode.

Two different matrices for 1080i are combined with the candidates 1 and 2, respectively. Both are "the matrices which reduce artifacts which often appeared in HBR of TYPE-ZERO1." However, honestly I cannot judge which is the better. Please try these. And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

Special thanks to @har_k and @syoushow! :-)

Warning! : in these "TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate" settings, all the modes of AVCHD other than 24p are experimental.

Please keep in mind that artifacts may often appears in 720p in spite of being very stable.

These will be improved from now on.

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my beta team is adopted in HBR/1080i modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for 720/50p modes (Experimental)

• Upto 55M for 720/60p modes (Experimental)

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*24p and 720p are the same as TYPE-ZERO1.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate1 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and ' Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
    bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate2 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and ' Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • @soru Thanks always mate! :-) It is the tone which you seem to like. Please also try official "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1".

• Hi! @bkmcwd I've used your "valkyrie 444" since August, and am lovin' it very much! (I think it has similar matrix to type zero1, right?) this is a home video which I shot in handheld. So I worry it might not be a suitable sample... but I love the color from your setting.

lens: sigma 30mmf1.4

Next, I'll try your official "valkyrie 444 type zero1". Thanks to you and testers and the hacker VK!

• It is just to make sure also here... :-)

The sample of "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1" with Pany lense. Please DL original MTS file to look the REAL IQ from vimeo.

Pany 14-42mm F8.0 1/50 ISO320 NOS.(-2,+1,0,-2)

This is also the sample of Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1 by my friend.

LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm F2.8 / LUMIX G 20mm F1.7 / LEICA DG MACRO ELMARIT 45mm F2.8 / Contax Plannar 50mm F1.4 / Contax Sonnar 85mm F2.8 / CANON New FD 50mm F1.4 / CANON New FD 35mm F2 / Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 55mm F1.8

Valkyrie_444_TYPE-ZERO1_Sunset.jpg
    1297 x 634 - 256K
  • @hi1130 I am glad to have you pleased. :-)

Thanks to the hard working of Chris and Nick!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters