Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • @thehaz: i like your video a lot. you have an eye for details and a nice perception (i dont mean technically, but i mean observation of surroundings. thats key for making good films). and the music fits too, plus its not stereotype.

did you use any sort of steadycam?

• Having the 64G/95mbps card, what do you guys think that is the best hack at this moment for cinematic look in a short film?

• @DeShonDixon @axisart is just complimenting you :). I think he meant that the video did not look like it came from a kit lens but a much better lens.

• @Strancali @Axisart Oh!!! Thanks yeah its not a kit lens it was old zuiko olympus 35mm lens I brought off of ebay for cheap

• @DeShonDixon very nice, I'm looking forward to seeing more videos with that lens. Have a link on ebay?

• @DeShonDixon Great! I'll keep an eye out for a clean copy. If you get a chance, look for the Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.8, that lens is beautiful and sharp (under $50).

• @Strancali Yeah I almost brought that before the 35mm

• Konica 40mm 1.8 is fantastic

• @Mirrorkisser Thanks for those kind words! No, I didn't use any stabiliser other than in post. Very minimal use of warp stabiliser in Premiere Pro CS6. I applied it to 4 shots; the big red temple gate, the futuristic looking bridge, the part where i walked down the thousand pillars and the train station platform shot that came after it.

• @strancali Did I just fuck myself by ordering 3 32gb Sandisk Extreme 45mbps cards? Those 95mbps were just too expensive. I thought that the GH2 didn't support UHS-1 anyways.

• @APXmusic Hey, I think you should be fine. I have not used anything other than the 64gb 95/mbps cards which gives you 90mbps write capability I believe and never had any issues that I see on the forum. All of the patches I tried works with no issues so that's why I'm recommending it if you are hacking the cam. One thing I do know is that you have to make sure the Sandisk is legit. There are many fakes on Ebay and other websites so buy it from a reputable company.

This thread may be helpful http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1491/95mbs-sandisk-extreme-pro-cards

• @strancali Thank you. I will try the Extreme 45s with the Sedna Q20 patch this weekend in Tokyo.

• @apxmusic: the extreme 45s work fine with both cluster v6s. never any issue. also not with any other hacks. havent tried sedna q20 though.

• @cantsin & @Driftwood -- Just got back, not sure if anyone is talking about 'The Truth' anymore.

I would stay that the huge difference is in the stabilisation of footage. Stock Footage has far more Jello than Hacked Footage. For me, looking at footage of rotating helicopter blades said it all.

• @andyharris, I don't see how that would be possible. The CMOS scan/refresh rate (whatever you would call it) wouldn't be any different regardless of hack settings. The only thing I can think of is maybe if shorter GOP settings gives you better/more accurate temporal data and therefore the skew is less prevalent - but that seems kind of far-fetched to me.

• @Mirrorkisser We shall see tomorrow!

• CAN ANYBODY help my with my GF3.... i tryed 20 times to put some hacks and it wont work. i´m noob about it i think. i downloaded i tryed with firmware 1.1 for GH2.... wich firmware should i use? and wich filename should i save it in.... pl help. do some short story and axplain for me!!!!!

• @driftwood

Wedding shot on Nebular. Loving it, very partial to the GOP1 stuff but really needed the extra space for this all day shoot. Full video soon. Color was done in DaVinci and the GOP6 stuff help up dandy.

• And another shot on Sedna.

• Hi Driftwood, thank you for your work, its great !!. i'm in europe and i use the the HBR mode only. what is the best hack for the 25p ? i tried the Drewnet with good results.

• Test today with the patch from Nick: Cluster v6 Nebular A dragonfly has had time for me and enjoyed the shoot in the sun Lens: Leica 45mm f2.8 for all clips

• @butt: very nice, how did you get the dragonfly to stay in the same position for so long?

• Holy crap, that look really good/sharp @Butt