Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • Quick question: Haven't done much hacking since GH-1. So I just loaded Orionv4b on my GH-2, i.Dynamic off. I'm set to MANUAL. Under Creative Movie (menu), how do the different settings effect shooting?

Manual Movie Mode High Bite Rate 24p Cinema Variable Movie Mode

Under recording mode

EX 24H or 24L?

How do I set it for 1080p24p and 720p60p?

Thanks.

I wish ptools could change these menu titles to what the actually do.

I'm going out today with a 300mm lens to shoot surfers!!!

• @disneytoy. Download the GH2 User's Guide PDF. It explains all features.

• Actually, I meant how are Orionv4b settings mapped to these menu items?

• @thepalalias today's shoot went well... lets see,..give me some time

• Yeah, lesson learned. Will lock the card right away before trying to Read it from now on. I guess then there should be very little chance to lose its file system.

• @mo7ies, if you knew how much software crap tries to access your SD card via USB you would kak your pants, both mac and pc. The chance for corruption is indeed high, lock that bugger every time.

• @davidhjlindberg - Awesome work mate! Hopefully this puts an end to the endless "GH2 Hack test of my dog sitting by the television" and "GH2 hack test of a plant by my window" drivel! :)

• Heeeeey! I was just about to post 'Watch my paint dry" video made with Cluster v4....

• @mo7ies @BigBadFun Nothing beats "Watch the grass I should have cut, blow in the wind".

• Mind you - I wouldn't mind some more "looking upwards into a tree with leaves waving slowly"... or the old classic "water dribbling over a rock"...

• What about 'Bush 2: The Return of the Wind' ? Classic film.

• Don't worry @nemvan forget v5.1. Ive got a team of twelve beta testing Cluster v6 at the moment. Looking good with a release v shortly.

• @mo7ies This saved my bacon on a paid job in Jan. When the %*(ç% Producer was pushing me to "quick grab more shots" with my extra GH2 body. I had to swap a battery on my 1st body and "only" waited until the GH2 screen went dark (takes an instant longer until the green indicator light goes off). I ended up with a zero kb file and Panasonic's tools brought it back off the original card (and anything that had been deleted and NOT yet overwritten by the last formatting). I highly recommend trying:

AVCCAM SD Card File Recovery https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/download.htm#sdrecov

before throwing int the towel. Saved my Bacon on a paid job. Will also save you if a 3rd party battery suddenly causes the cam to turn off while recording.

Good Luck.

• a short film that I've shot in april With Sedna Q20 (A) H24 Nokton 25mm f0,95 lens

• @conscius , great story, great work ...

• @rajamalik Great, I am looking forward to it. :)

• @conscius

Great stuff you have there. I like the art direction, and some of the camerawork. Did you do alot of colour grading? What was the workflow like?

The Nokton looks fabulous here. Was it tough pulling focus? I used to have a Nokton 25mm as well, gave it up cos it wasn't the easiest lens to use. Now for that kind of distance i alternate between Carl Zeiss 28mm f2 ZF, and the Samyang 35mm

• @driftwood Anyone of the 12 Beta testers for Cluster v6 on a Mac? If not, how do I get in? At least three hacks i used in half a year did not play well in Quicktime and in the major NLE´s and transcoders.

• thanks @feha , @kazuo,

Most of the time i didn't do much color correction. Only thing i did is: desaturate. And with some shots i desaturate all colors expect red.

Focus pulling was not that easy in the city because i filmed at F0,95. But overall it went well.

And the workflow was cool. Ik mean, generally I had enough time, i only worked with friends from school,... Not everything went right... but yeah you always learn from your mistakes.. :)

And thank you very much

• @conscius Sweet, Lovely story - one that keeps you glued. Some really nice shots - pans, tracking and some of the focus pulls - excellent. Sedna is working very well and all looks good - you hardly have to grade it dammit!!! :-) Congratulations.

• @CFreak @driftwood and all: thanks much! I'll try Pana recovery tools next time. Too late now as I have reformatted the card, and re-shot the footage. It was a cityscape of NYC "day-golden hour- night", and luckily the weather co-operated the next day, so I still got good footage on re-shoot. Many thanks for all the suggestions and advice on SD card handling. Cluster v4 is wonderful!

However... how do you handle timestamp?

With new (to me) workflow, I no longer rename files on card itself before transferring to my RAID. But then I lose the ability to determine when were the files actually shot.

On copy to PC, files' Date Created is re-written with teh time of copy/transfer.

Date Modified seems to stay as originally attributed by GH2, but it will be same for all spanned clips. For instance, if I start recording at 6:15 and finish at 8:00 (long-form, events/concerts/weather/etc) then all spanned clips will have Date Modified as 6:15.

How do I determine the actual timestamp of each clips AFTER it is transferred to PC? (as you remember, I used to do file renaming ON CARD itself, before transferring to PC, which kept each file's Date Created intact. But now I lock the card and transfer files first, to protect against data corruption.)

• Just some stuff I shot for the local Race Track using Cluster4 720P60. Plus a little extreme grading in Resolve.

• @conscius nice! Question: the 2nd Cam two-shot, walking through the night street, is low contrast and different skintones than the rest of the movie, see 3:16 for example. Do you know why? Thanks.

• Check out this topic on a video I shot with Orion v4b. It has some content you may appreciate and I would definitely love some feedback!

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3704/mega-flare-album-promo-remember-your-first-shoot

• Shot with Mysteron and Kit Lens

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions