Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • @hakosuka Have you tried AQ1 C? That one sometimes worked well for me in 720P, depending on the material.

• @Hakosuka Sedna AQ1 on 50p with SanDisk 32GB Extreme HD Video 95 MBs no problems. Try Sedna Q20 A not so much difference..

• @Hakosuka Exactly what Kihlian said, except I think he meant Q20, since Driftwood did not release an AQ20 version. I shot a music video in 720 50P with AQ1 C without a SanDisk 64GB, using slightly slower cards instead. I did not try spanning, but in that moderate detail environment, I did not get any write errors.

• @Kihlian @thepalalias ahh that's reassuring, thanks! Would you recommend a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32Gb 45Mbs or a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32Gb 95Mbs for Sedna AQ1 A? There's also a Sandisk Extreme (Not Pro) 32GB 45Mbs for £25, would that be sufficient in speed?

• @thepalalias, @Kihlian. Sedna Q20 has three versions (A, B, and C). so @kihlian was right about Q20 A. I have used Q20 A and very pleased with it.

• @Hakosuka If you aren't getting the SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB, you are unlikely to get better stability with those settings. I haven't tested the SanDisk 45MBs 64GB, so you may want to talk to someone else that has. But realistically, if you don't want to spring for the top of the line card, the simplest and most reliable solution is to use a different setting. Try the ones mentioned above and see if they are sufficient for you, but otherwise here is my advice.

Driftwood has a lot of different settings with 720P that differ greatly in their performance. Try a new Cluster or Crossfire setting, or Mysteron and see if your performance improves in that mode. Using 720 in either 50 or 60P with Mysteron, I was able to shoot very high motion martial arts, handheld with a Canon 24-70mm L series lens without incident and without needing the top of the line card.

• @Zaven13 He corrected the comment - before it said "AQ20" that is what the reference is to. It is correct now. :)

• As of June 16, 2012 ...I've been using the "Sedna Settings" posted back on June 2, 2012. The file I downloaded was "Sedna Q20 Pack.zip". This zip file contained a.ini, b.ini and e.ini. If you open "e.ini" in notepad, then you will see in the comments, at the top, that it is actually the Sedna C settings. I don't know why it is called "e.ini" and not "c.ini", in the *.zip file.

I used Sedna Q20/a for both videos. No enhancements were done ...no sharpening, no color grading ...etc. For all settings and other info ...read the descriptors under each video on YouTube.

TEST VIDEO 1 => (9 sec) very short test footage of dog.

TEST VIDEO 2 => (2:13 min:sec) Local pond test footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=PuFvs__tMP4&NR=1

3 screen grabs (below) obtained using "Shift-prtScn" buttons while viewing original *.mts video file in 'Windows Media Player'. Saved screen grabs as *.jpg files at 'maximum' settings in Adobe Photoshop. Hopefully, not too much detail was lost.

Sedna_Q20a_dog.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 881K
    Sedna_Q20a_white_ducks.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 831K
    Sedna_Q20a_goose.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 855K
  • @thepalalias ahh I see thanks for your help. I think I'll save up the money and buy the 64GB 95Mbs card then as I really like Sedna AQ1 lol

• @andyvia1968 Nice... A face only a dog owner can love, lol.

• @Hakosuka Sounds like a plan. Here is the data I grabbed from the table on using Sedna with that card on a high detail scene (like bringing out canvas texture on a painting at close range) in a stationary shot.

Sedna AQ1 A NTSC Spans with:24H Works fine but does not span with:HBR, FSH, SH Gets write errors with: "80% 24H"

Sedna AQ1 A PAL Spands with: 24H Works fine but does not span with:HBR Write errors with: FSH, SH, 80% 24H

• @thepalalias this isnt quantum v9b. i patched new q9b sedna matrix adapted one. amazing results. i hope u would test it soon all the best!!!

• @rajamalik looking forward to that video :)

• I just patched my GF2 with the Crossfire v2 patch (I have a greenscreen shoot coming up). Image quality is amazing, but pointing the camera at a tree, immediately gives a card write speed error, while using a 30 mb/s 8Gb sandisk card and the 14-42 kitlens.

• @Kihlian The FAQs doesn't answer my question about Sedna and 720/50p and specific cards, but thanks anyways.

• @driftwood 720p50 and variable speed in new Crossfire setting are not reliable. Camera freezes on Sandisk 32/30mbps and 64/95mbps when shooting a death chart. HBR and 24p pass that test just fine.

Just letting you know. I know these modes are bitches.

• @driftwood. I did a quick test of the CM skine tone-Cluster Crossfire using Panasonic 14-140 AFC, OIS and Sandisk 64GB 90 mb/s. 24p is great as usual. 1080i60/HBR 30p worked fine but with a surprisingly low bitrates of mid twenties. The scene is detail (nature with trees). 720p60 does not survive more than a few seconds even in the H mode. I really like Cluster v3 with Sedna matrix. It would be a great setting if you could take Cluster V3 with Sedna matrix and change the 24p to be GOP1 without the drop in bitrates in 1080i and HBR (basically keep the rest the same). That would be a winner. As usual appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

• some goon on youtube reacts to Cluster V4 12/15 GOP variation...

• I love the video about the redhead for the H4N... hilarious!

• Music Video I Shot with the Sedna AQ1 Hack

• @strancali @thepalalias @driftwood @obscura @MisterBink @xp50

New Quantum v9b Sedna Adapted Matrix.....A sht flm by babuji, ares talkies release,...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions