Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @liquidify

Please come back again!

"How do I post a raw mts file on here?"

I do not have the necessity of being raw data. I am interested in what you shot in Japan. Up to you. Thanks! :-)

@karl Can you upload the raw data to somewhere?

• @ Silent users of my settings :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA2" setting.

The custom matrix modified somewhat mildly from Sedna is adopted in this.

Although only a few has adjusted the GOP table according to this matrix, all others are the same as "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_SednaAQ1C_Standard_BETA1".

*Deblocking tables are substituted by your liking.

Please try it!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24L only.

*In PAL Mode, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card strongly.

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

Please download original raw data from vimeo and check actual IQ.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA2.zip
    GOLGOP_MAX_EX_ST_B2_24p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 635 - 198K
  • hou much time you have on 4gb on 24h and HBR 30p?? for 3 version of gop3zilla and natual?

• @Daegor

Honestly, I cannot reply to your question correctly. That is because a result will also change if an object, conditions, etc. to shoot change.

Please try by yourself. Thanks for testing my settings! :-)

• hi @bkmcwd...thank you very much for your patches, for your extrem good quality as gift. Its so easy to produce winning results with your work. Nobody should be silent who is working with your products. I tested, and test, most of the patches all over here. More or less satisfied, depending on my needs. Today I decided that I cant find more satisfying patches then bkmcwd's. Iam happy, thank you. Actuall Iam working with your "GOPZILLA Sedna AQ1C standard" patch, stabil and reliable.

• @Benibube

Thank you for evaluating my setting highly! :-) Since I am poor at English, I cannot explain my settings well. However, I consider that the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in any situations, and the high image quality based on suitable qp are primary importance.

• I did a lot of test-shooting today, and while I used GOP3ZILLA to shoot some reference footage (to compare the other settings with) a cute squirrel happened to sit down right there in the tree. As it was very windy today (~ 6bf), its tail was blown over its back and head - what a strange sight!

Find attached two I-frames extracted from a 24H ETC shot (only a weak substitute for mounting my tele, I know :-). Squirrel1

squirrel1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 642K
    squirrel2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 586K
  • @karl

Lovely squirrel!

Many thanks for your eager feedbacks! :-)

This sample is not the MAX version? Since the users of my settings are quiet, I appreciate any feedbacks. As having written also above, I consider that the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in any situations, and the high image quality based on suitable qp are primary importance. I would like to hear anything good or bad you noticed.

• Hi @karl a really funny result, just because of a windblow...with one of the silent prefered @bkmcwd GOPZILLA patches..

• @karl you seem to have used both GOP3ZILLA and GOLGOP3-13 quite a bit. how would you compare your experience with the two? Have you also had the chance to try the new GOLGOP3-13 with Sedna C matrix? I've just had the time to load it and it seems to deliver really good IQ, probably the best I've seen on a GOP>1 setting, but it will be a long time before I can make real IQ and reliability tests...

@bkmcwd I'm just a silent admirer of your settings for now: plan to be a hopefully-not-to-silent user soon. Thanks so much for sharing your great settings with the rest of the world! :-)

• @rapsoe

You are welcome and thanks for using my settings! :-)

I think that GOP3ZILLA series is a summit level as an all-round setting. On the other hand, although GOLGOP3-13 series corresponds also to shooting in a bush enough, of course, it realizes high image quality especially under the lowlight. It is the feature of GOP3ZILLAs that the stock matrix is also suitable. And, I think that a custom-made matrix has the good affinity of GOLGOP3-13s. Since this is my impression to the last, please actually try it.

• @bkmcwd, Thanks for your new settings.

I used GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard 24H, NOS(-2.-2.0.-2) and the lens was canon 6mm c-mount lens(ex-telecon using) and lumix 14mm f2.5.

Thanks for your work.

widelenscomparison_canonphf6mm.jpg
    1366 x 769 - 382K
    widelenscomparison_lumix14mm.jpg
    1366 x 769 - 398K
  • @bkmcwd: "This sample is not the MAX version?" - no, I used GOP3ZILLA_standard (file date inside .zip 8th of May). That one and also GOLGOP3-13_standard I currently trust most to not ever show any odd misbehaviour.

@rapsoe: "you seem to have used both GOP3ZILLA and GOLGOP3-13 quite a bit. how would you compare your experience with the two?" - I must admit that while I did indeed use both, I never set up a real direct comparison between them. bkmcwd stated that GOLGOP3-13 was targeted more towards low-light shooting, while GOP3ZILLA was more of an all-round setting.

"Have you also had the chance to try the new GOLGOP3-13 with Sedna C matrix?" - No. Regarding 24H mode, FlowMotion 2.02 offers slightly better IQ and is so stable, that I would probably rather use that. But as of today, I still prefer GOP3ZILLA for 720p60 recording, due to its stability.

• @bkmcwd Thanks. In two weeks I should have some free time and will hopefully be able to test and report back.

@karl Thanks. from the little testing I have done, at 24H, GOLGOP3-13 with Sedna C matrix looked better at handling low light details than Flow Motion 2, but again, that was a very quick and limited test, so it doesn't really mean much.

• @kndkndknd

Thanks always! Since I lived in Yoyogi before, I felt it nostalgic. :-)

I think that the result with pany 14mm is not bad.

• @karl

Thanks for reply and for explaining my settings! :-)

@rapsoe

Many thanks for your report back! :-) I am glad if any impression is told to me.

• Now, I am working on the GOLGOP3-13-MAX with new EX matrix. This experimental matrix made by my friend is very suitable for GOLGOP3-13. I am going to release it soon. :-)

I release new experimental "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA3" setting.

This EX matrix modified somewhat mildly from Sedna is optimized to GOLGOP3-13. In this setting, the lowest possible "qp" is always arranged appropriately. It has adjusted so that "the level lines of the high qp macroblocks leading to image quality degradation" may hardly appear. And, it has also adjusted so that "qp" lower than "Sedna version" can be used without a codec wavering. Furthermore, priority is given to a motion over the static in 720p.

IMO, I think that it will be an unstable setting which can not be expected when it stops recording if it tries to use 70M in 720/60p. Therefore, I give priority to the stability at which recording does not stop by any means in 720/60p. Only in 720/60p, the actual maximum bit rate is under 55M from such a reason.

*Deblocking tables are substituted by your liking.

Special thanks to @syoushow!

Please try it!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24L only.

*In PAL Mode, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card strongly.

*In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_standard_BETA3.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA3_24p_ISO1600_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 177K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA3_HBR25p_ISO1000_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 181K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_ST_BETA3_HBR30p_ISO1000_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 632 - 184K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA3_50p_ISO1000_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 183K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA3_60p_ISO1000_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 171K
  • These are the results of the test with BETA3 by my friend. Please observe the narrow ranges of qp. The codec is not wavering in the high stressed scene. :-)

On the other hand, lower qp can be used under the lowlight.

GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA3_24p_50mm_ss60_F56_iso800.png
    1297 x 633 - 89K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA3_HBR30p_50mm_ss60_F56_iso800.png
    1297 x 633 - 93K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_ST_BETA3_HBR30p_132mm_ss200_F56_iso3200.png
    1297 x 633 - 105K
  • bkmcwd, please could you tell me if some of your settings works in GF2?. Thanks for your stunning work

• @nachelsoul

Thanks for getting interested in my settings. :-) However, since I do not have GF2, I am sorry to be unable to reply to your question. On the contrary, I am glad, if it teaches when it can use. There was a user who removes the portion which corresponds to 24p from my setting, and uses in GF2 previously.

• @subco

Yes! I remembered that you were the person who is using GOLGOP3-13 in GF2. :-)

Thanks!

Since HBR of "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_EX_Standard_BETA3" was too mild a little, I am working on next BETA4 version now. I plan to release it tomorrow.

• I discovered the BETA4 Vimeo post a few hours after it was posted. However without a link to the "Custom Settings" there wasn't much more I could do but wait... I was a bit disappointed with BETA 3 as the shadows looked a bit 'muddy' compared with previous GOLGOP3 -13*** releases. You can bet I'll test it ASAP :-)

• @Bonzai

Thanks for feedbacks always! :-)

BETA4 is due to be released by the end of today.

"I was a bit disappointed with BETA 3 as the shadows looked a bit 'muddy' compared with previous GOLGOP3 -13*** releases."

Is it the stock matrix version which you compared with BETA3? EX matrix version which I am making now tends to make it a little mild compared with stock versions. The stock versions are the optimal if you are feeling serious consideration of resolving. Furthermore, I think that it is GOP3ZILLA_Standard series that is most excellent in a feeling of resolving in any situations.

I am going to make 24p of BETA4 the same as BETA3. However, since my friend is also making the next experimental matrix, a different setting will be released soon.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters