Personal View site logo
Driftwood VY Canis Majoris: This thread will now be integrated into 'Driftwood Series 6 Settings'
  • 901 Replies sorted by
  • @thepalalias hai can we shoot color -1 and sharpness 0 in standard profile does it improve color and detail??? See@janis up

• @driftwood sir will you specify the names of upcoming canis majoris patches??? any possible Sedna A killer?

• @pop24 is your video password protected (the latest go go dancing one)?

• All Shot and Edited Within hours. No script or planning. Shot mostly with bkwmcd Natural settings, and a little VY day. No color editing, simply clips cut together.

• @leejb4...why not just on utube ?....

• donated.

Gonne test VY Canis Majoris night today.

• @Benibube What do you mean?

• @rajamalik If your colors are not clipping in the scene, feel free to go from -2 to -1 or 0 on saturation. If you are adding sharpness in post, you can bring it to 0 in-camera to save time. But as for myself, I tend to keep sharpness at -2. Basically, as long as you keep both values from -2 to 0 you should be good, but I find that bringing them above that does not work so well for me. Also remember that the higher the sharpness setting, the harder the GH2 has to work, so if you are using any settings that only work "sometimes" make sure to keep sharpness at -2 to improve reliability.

The Scarlet GH2 testing got delayed due to some scheduling changes. I may be able to do them in a week or so.

• Since some were asking about CM Night used during the day, here are some of the day shots I took in Akihabara a couple weeks back. All and all I am pleased with them, but I noticed a strange ghosting affect on some faces which can be seen in the first video. The second grainy video is EX TELE. Also I have included a couple more night shots. All videos are shot on standard 0000 using panasonic 14-42 lens. I can't remember exact ISO, but it was 640 or below for the day shots. The first night shot of the water may have been 2500, but I suspect it was 1250, and the other should be 1250. All should be shutter speed of 100. Comments, good bad and other are always welcome.

• shot today. CM Night 24H

3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    evy.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    5.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • @conscius Lovely that, looks like anamorphic S16 500T.

• @mee "All should be shutter speed of 100. " Did you shoot with 720p?

• @tinebo, yes 720p.

• Not too much going on here.. everyone busy shooting.. lmao

• No color corection

• @thepalalias yes it works saturation shld be -1 or 0 to get it clipped well ,..CM night sky,beach @ noon ,.CM night looks so good in day time bright sun light we can tune saturation a bit to get enough colors for post.all is well!!! Thank u!!

• Has anyone got a video of CM Night shot in full sun preferably in 720P ? Mee's daytime clip looks great but it's raining and overcast. When I tried Night during the day, I got a very muddy looking video. I need to keep better notes because I don;t remember the profiles or settings I tried.

I really don't want to change patches frequently during the day and night.

• @peternap i never tried 720p but in 1080p itself we can notice color diffirence,.. the CM night takes day light in a slight different way,...i have more than 20 shots,..but at present i don't have a fast connection to upload any of them. change color in std -2 to -1 or 0. 0 seems much better. CM night is superb but fails to capture essential amount of color in daylight. (only blue and cyan has a dull look)

• @peternap, yeah that day was supposed to be all blue skies too. The sun played peekaboo all day, and the two videos I tried uploading in the sun failed on Vimeo for some reason. The video with the maids actually has full sun hitting the people in the mid background. I actually like the look of people in full sun with the night patch, but it does seem they can be washed out if your not really careful with your ISO and what not. I haven't decided if I like the skies yet. Are you looking more for sky tests? I tend to overexpose skies to get people well lit, but I do have a bunch of people in the streets shots from my first CM night tests. Pretty well sun lit, but the skies are way overexposed.

• @mee I have to admit....I watched the Maid video 4 times.

• @peternap lol, I have to admit I have more Maid videos ;)

• what maid videos are you guys talking about lol

• @driftwood sir i read your msg and sedna thread comment that you are going to test all canis in aq1. will you provide a aq1 version of canis majoris night and other patches here as well???

• @strancali In my post above (this page) there is a video with maids handing out flyers.

• @mee lol, I thought you guys were talking about maids cleaning rooms with skimpy outfits haha.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions