Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @kkmo

"66M 3GOP"

That setting is not good. It is the setting of the substance 130M. And not stable. Since I was not able to look into the macroblocks yet then, the image quality of this is not better than now, either. Supposing you wish high-IQ 3GOP setting of middle range, I will recommend you the newest "natural" setting. Since I am going to release new natural soon, please use natural_v2.11 till then. Otherwise, the newest GOP3ZILLA series is sufficient. :-)

All latest settings of mine are here: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/42201#Comment_42201

• Thank you so much for your help and recommend. You are hope to me. Have a nice day!!

• @ silent users of my settings

I release "GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard" setting.

In my old settings, since the character by the version number was unclear, I imitated Nick in how to name. :-)

"standard": The Almighty setting which the codec works correctly as much as possible on bright scenes, and realizes low qp under the lowlight.

"lowlight": Although the codec may waver in a satisfactory grade on bright scenes, realize strongest high image quality under the lowlight.

This new one is the setting combined SednaAQ1C matrix. And it has Almighty character as "standard". That is to say, this is the latest version of SednaAQ1 C_V2.1.

Special thanks to @driftwood! :-)

Please try it!

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frame.

*24p80%(30p) is available in only 24L.

*In camera playback is available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L and SH with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

Please DL original raw data from vimeo to look the REAL IQ. *These videos are only sample for image quality.

*According to StreamEye, there is no level line of high qp macroblocks. :-)

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard.zip
    GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard_24p_ISO160_forest_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 192K
    GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard_24p_ISO1600_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 193K
  • @bkmcwd Is it possible to edit the first post and include all of your settings there so that they are in one place?

• @liquidify

Yes! I am reserved in some first posts, in order to do so. :-) Since naming was changed, I will begin to stick anew from now on.

• @bkmcwd...

Yooo! Whats upp.

this looks great!

what lens are you using for your test shots?

• @flaschus

Thanks mate! :-)

"what lens are you using for your test shots?"

Panny 14-45mm, F5.6 both.

• @bkmcwd sorry a little off topic.. but what steadycam are you using!?

• LUMIX GH2_SEDNA Q1_LENS:LUMIX 20MM_TEST VIDEO

• @adamquesada

"what steadycam are you using!?"

I am using DIY SteadiCam currently displayed on my profile. :-)

• @andyvia68

Thanks for testing my setting and so cool footage! :-)

How was the usage feeling?

EDIT: Is this footage with Intra Sedna? Or my 3GOP setting with Sedna matrix?

• I also release "GOLGOP3-13_lowlight", "GOLGOP3-13_standard", "GOP3ZILLA_standard", "GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_standard", and "natural_standard" settings.

These are only renamed versions of "GOLGOP3-13_V4.14_BETA3", "GOLGOP3-13_V4.3_BETA4", "GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA6" and "GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA2" settings except natural.

Please look at here about their characters and samples. http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/59682#Comment_59682

In my old settings, since the character by the version number was unclear, I imitated Nick in how to name. :-)

"standard": The Almighty setting which the codec works correctly as much as possible on bright scenes, and realizes low qp under the lowlight.

"lowlight": Although the codec may waver in a satisfactory grade on bright scenes, realize strongest high image quality under the lowlight.

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

Special thanks to @driftwood and @thepalalias! :-)

Please try them!

EDIT:

"natural_standard" is added.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_lowlight.zip
    845B
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_standard.zip
    843B
    bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_standard.zip
    844B
    bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_standard.zip
    1021B
    bkmcwd natural_standard.zip
    841B
  • I think I'm going to load up golgop sedna aq1 standard for my up coming trip to japan. Any word on a canis majoris hybrid with golgop?

• @liquidify

Welcome to Japan! :-)

"Any word on a canis majoris hybrid with golgop?"

I think that it is dependent on the special matrix which is due to be got from @driftwood. Although I have not verified in detail yet about combination, in the touch which looked at the matrix, combining as it is seems to be difficult for especially "Night".

• I released "natural_standard" setting. :-)

• I like your settings. esp natural. Thank you for your great work.

• @bkmcwd looks sweet, can you provide any info on this diy setup :) ?

• @JojiW

You are welcome! :-) Thanks for using my settings and please tell me the usage feeling.

• @adamquesada @subco

Thanks! :-)

I referred to this site and made it by myself. http://www.diycamera.com/index.html Of course, I have also experimented in many things.

Although I myself did not have a special web page, the introduction movie of how to make my gimbal made.

However, since its original work of DIY SteadiCam requires time and money considerably, if it is not your purpose to enjoy to make, I will recommend you to buy Merlin or Flycam etc.

• Could you tell me the main difference between natural and GOP3ZILLA series ? Please let me know difference.

• @subco

You are welcome and thanks! :-) If I can take time, I will add English captions.

@kkmo

"Could you tell me the main difference between natural and GOP3ZILLA series ?"

Although there is no telling whether to be transmitted in my English, I explain. :-)

Of course, qp used in macroblocks is different. As a result, a difference appears also in the bit rate.

With natural, the codec works correctly like attached StreamParser also in the extreme scene in which stray of the codec tends to occur.

For example, although a few level lines of high qp macroblocks with GOP3ZILLA appears on such a scene, it does not appear in natural. On the other hand, with GOP3ZILLA, the highest image quality is realized in most everyday scenes. These character is mainly seen in 24p.

natural_standard_24p_ISO160_teagarden_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 195K
  • @bkmcwd, Thanks for your new settings.

I used "natural_standard" and shot at 24H mode. Good Q value and optimal bitrate in all scenes.

Thanks for your hard work!

*Bitrate around about 40-90Mbps

*FILM MODE is STD.(-2,0,+1,0) and the lens is LUMIX X PZ45-175mm

*SANDISK Extream HD 30MB/s

natural_standard_24p.png
    1327 x 630 - 357K
  • @har_k

Thanks always mate! :-)

Since last year, I have stuck to "Q18", though criticized. That is because the good balanced setting is very realizable with "Q18." Now, as for me, it is glad that many people use "Q18."

• This is a sample of ISO3200 with GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard. QP and IQ are not bad. :-)

GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_standard_24p_ISO3200_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 192K
  • @bkmcwd , what of your settings are best for HB" 25 (PAL) ?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters