Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • I know this is a novice question but what is the good tool to convert .mts files so I can edit them in FCP?

• @DeShon nah I didn't do it,but I thought it was interesting again to see gh2 footage cut with red epic via Driftwood settings.

• @EYESOUL You did a great job on that!! I could which was RED and which was the GH2!!

• don't know if this is appropriate to post here,but being they used Driftwood settings I thought it would be cool..can anyone point out the gh2 footage because I can't with my untrained eye.

• @CHARPU, great looking footage! And very nice sound design as well, something that you don't see very often at this level.

About the Zuiko, I noticed on LensRentals they have a disclaimer about problems using it with Panasonic m4/3 cameras - are there any problems using it on the GH2?

• @LiamOwen THE GH2 ALLLLL DDAAAYYY!!! It is soooooo much sharper than my old Canon Camera!!!! Thanks man! :D

• @DeshonDixon Do you prefer the GH2 with Driftwoods settings to the Canon you used? Nice work btw :)

• @No_SuRReNDeR Of course Glass to me is more important than the Settings themselves. but the combination of them both are phenomenal. Also makes me wish i have $2300 spare :D

• @ DeShinDixon Perfect quality! This is a very good example of the hack. Bravo!

• I shot this on my GH2 with the Mysterion Hack

• @CHARPU Woww the papa video looks amazing how much sharpness did you add in camera?

• @LiamOwen Ty , i'll be glad showing the whole short when done. It graded like a charm. Its has a grain that other hacks lack so u need to like that but it grades superbly, i wouldn't trade it for anything in the world (:

• I just want to point out the one(of many) reasons CHARPU's footage looks so lovely is the lens he was using. Never underestimate the power of a good lens!

Makes wish I had $2300 laying around lol.

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Zuiko-14-35mm-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000X1P5R4

• @Oedipax

Yes Video embed does wreck Chrome on MacOSX but not Firefox. Under Chrome one needs to leave several seconds between in each password character - weird!

• Hey Liam! Thanks, yeah it was all natural light, I was really impressed by the results.. I think that test works really well because I only grade it a little bit. Im curious to try sedna and see if it works for me.

• @CHARPU beautiful work really love the second test. For me it really shows off the capability of these settings from Driftwood. All natural light in test 2 from the window ?

• @klem007 Enjoyed it very much ! Mood the Direction Lighting everything was perfect. Sedna has held up very well. Grading easy enough ?

• Tying out the Sedna AQ1 "all around" setting yesterday on some city shots with my GH2 and the HBR mode.

Lots of noise on the trunks of trees and grey shadow areas. I'm using the kit 14-42 lens and the Tele-extender on a couple of shots. firmware 1.1 for both cam and lens. ptool3. I think I was on iso 160. It was sunny out. Tree trunks were crawling with noise. Pulsing and crawling. Nostalgic setting with -2 -2 -2 -2.

I was trying to use a Transcend class 10 card to see how it went. two of the shots have big streaks of blurred pixels going across them.

They all play back fine and no crashing of camera or anything like that.

Any ideas what I'm missing. I see all this wonderful footage you guys are posting but mine is pretty bad looking.

Trying to get a good setting figured out for some paying gigs that will be shot in Gardens with lots of leaves and people walking around.

I have tried Sanity 4 before this and it crashed all my cards at any of the high bit rate settings. I found it un-useable.

• Hello! :) With the 64gb SanDisk 95MB / s, ay there any problems on the Orion 4b and 4d Dark matter? Because the 32gb sandisk 95MB / s, I only have problems :/

thank you

• A modified Pictoris Patch mit Pana Matrix at 3200 Iso in a very Dark Club Nostalgic Mode Color -2.

• Ok thanks. That's what i sort of understood.

• @rozroz I have not recorded problems with Sedna EX24H on the SanDisk 64GB 95MB/s at this point - all the versions either passed or haven't been tested yet. But EX in other modes (for example EXHBR or 80%EX24H) is an entirely different matter.

• @thepalalias,

thanks! mmm... it's not as simple as it seems, huh? so not all Sedna's are EX stable. did i understand correctly?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions