Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood Hello Stranger. Check my GH2 posts on Vimeo, I believe there are two city pieces there, download. Good luck, They are shot in San Francisco.

• @thepalalias: Thanks for the hint towards the spreadsheet. Do I assume right that video modes not mentioned there were not tested, while those mentioned without comments work, and those mentioned with comments exhibited some problems?

(Meanwhile, I tried GOPZilla settings, which unlike Mysteron are stable for me, including spanning - I filled the 64GB, with ETC using a moving tree as the subject. I merged in the MJPEG settings from Mysteron, as those were stable for me with Mysteron, and GOPZilla does not modify the MJPEG modes.)

• CITYSCAPE SHOTS - BUSY BUSINESS AREAS ETC... CLIPS REQUIRED URGENTLY FOR A MUSIC VIDEO h264 / compressed is ok as they are only being projected onto the bands faces... These look excellent. I have someone from Oz, someone from LA and a few more coming in, I need London, Paris, New York too! Only need around 30 secs to a minute of footage of each to use.

CREDIT will be given to all used.

• @driftwood I'll get on it, what format? I could put prores 422 version or h.264?

• @DaleCampbell That would be great. We're looking at any cities worldwide. It would be nice to have Japan. Dropbox me of mediafire link me to driftwood.brighton@gmail.com

• Hey, i have a really big bad problem with my gh2. I have exezive color noise and muddy colors in my gh2 footage.

I use the quantum x v2 hack, but have also tried other. My lens is the pana 14-140.

The problems are in good lightning conditions and get really bad in darker conditions.

Here is an example :

fasgsaagh.png
    1273 x 528 - 867K
  • @driftwood I don't have any shot on my GH2 but I do have some timelapses from Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo if that would be any good? I can put it up on mediafire, if you want to download it e-mail info (at) dalecampbell.co.uk

• URGENT PLEA: As you know Ive been busy on three videos shoots in the last few weeks.

I am in need of some stock Cityscape footage taken on GH2s for projecting onto the faces of a band in one of these videos. Preferably with hi contrast / daytime, If any of you have any material that would be of use and that we could use please get in touch ASAP. We need this by LATE TONIGHT. We are after tall buildings/skyscraper shots in bust business districts... It would be nice to have a few to add to what we already have. I won't be able to get on much still until I have wrapped by Wednesday.

Canis Majoris and Cluster v2 will be ready by the end of the coming week.

• @APXMusic I'm replying in a message since the question is not specific to Driftwood settings.

• OK. So someone on here told me that the GF3 did not actually have native 60i video and that the sensor was native 30p. Is this the same on the GH2? I have always heard that you should set your shutter speed to 2x the framerate. Is this statement still valid for the GH2? Or should I be setting the shutter speed to the same speed as the frame rate. (i.e. 24p = 1/25)

• @DeShonDixon Some of the settings (like Sedna AQ1) do check them, so I do not manually go in and check them myself if the setting was designed without them. So, for normal use, the answer is no.

But if you are the more experimental type and want to start modifying settings, feel free - it's just changing the setting from the way it was designed originally. And I have my hands full testing just the original configurations sufficiently. :)

• @thepalalias also when hacking in ptools should auto quantizer for 1080 and 720 modes be selected cause all the othe boxes are selected but those to everytime I hack my camera, but Ive seen in tutorials that othere people have the selected

• and.... LUMIX GH2_SEDNA Q1_LENS:LUMIX 14-140 WITH CPL....

• My video GF3 DARK MATTER bitrate 98 mb tilt shilt program...

• @thepalalias Oh alright thanks for the info man!!

• @DeShonDixon This one is fine to answer here since it is more of an issue for Driftwood zip files than others. :) If you open each INI file up in NotePad or TextEdit it will tell you the name of it.

• @thepalalias I know this should go on the beginner topic forum but I just want a quick answer. So I want to download Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion) Dark Matter but I have no clue which is v1,v2, or v3; I want v3. I downloaded the folder and I see setg.ini, seth.ini, and seti.ini which is which?

• @jfro I know it isn't as popular, but I have found the SMBU series to be a good "go-to" for spanning intra. Even EX24H spanned on the Transcend 64GB SDXC with SMBU v2 (tested for 70 minutes on a painting), and my memory is that it is slower than the card you mention.

• @thepalalias Thanks for publishing your spreadsheet on spanning findings. You've reinforced my informal testing in that nothing really spans reliably when using most high end settings.

I've held back on the 64GB card, just because 1 would be only get me testing, not production. I'd need to buy 4 and I don't feel like parting with that amount of money till I'm sure I have something reliable.

Regarding the Sandisk 30 MB/s Exteme HD video 32GB cards that many say work on Sedna and similar, I don't find that to be true for demanding situations. In demanding situations, I get 1:22 to 1:50 on sedna b. On less demanding footage, I can get the full 4GB recording in the upper 3 minute range on the Sedna type settings and bit rates.

On some of the high 80Mb/s gop 3 and gop6 patches, I get more 4 GB files in the 5-8 minute range, but nothing rock solid reliable.

I usually test by either a tripod panning back and forth through the flowers and bushes or by walking through same area with steadicam. Put camera in 24P mode (which seems to be most reliable) and going to f9 or f11 with shutter @50. Get everything in focus.

Again, thanks for sharing your spread sheet.

• @thepalalias I will upload them in a week I don't have Internet in my lap,..I am using edge through my ifone,..I will reach home on 28th ,..Sedna aaq1 is a definite winner when it comes to stones and woods,..

• @rajamalik No news. Looking forward to your footage.

• @thepalalias I am in Colombo srilanka,.. I captured some beautiful footage here with Sedna AAQ1 the most detailed beast,... what about canis majoris any news from our maestro ??

• With the ne higher end patches the only media player I have that literally never skips a beat (frame) is Xino on Linux. I sorta downloaded this player by accident a couple months ago, and just discovered it again by accident and was astonished. It has ridiculous options if you set it to "I am master of the universe" may not be an exact quote but the mode opens options beyond your wildest dreams. After that setting and a tiny bit of tinkering it is the best player I have used without a doubt. FLAWLESS.

• @shian yes, mplayerx is the only one with less issues when using the high bit rates...but have you been able to get rid of the time imprint on the left? its quite annoying especially if one wants some screen grabs. also it doesn't handle playlists and if you want to play a sequence of files it does play them but it stops if there is a missing number( let say 055, 056 ,058 it will play only the first two then selection is needed again...)

@Bueller there is also a panasonic "fix" : https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/dload/avccam_impt/agree_e.htm

it will let you play mts files in quick time, where you can see the bitrate as well, see the files in preview directly and import them into fcp without any transcoding etc... its quite handy , but quick time is slower to open them up if longer files and some people have reported issues with finalcut pro. i also had to reset the fcp once, otherwise it wouldn't start. but then was ok.

• @shian Thanks. It didn't come up on my right click selection list and I forgot I had it. I tried it and it did work with mplayer, but I think the BINO 1.2.1 does show just a little more detail.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions