Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • My video GF3 DARK MATTER bitrate 98 mb tilt shilt program...

• and.... LUMIX GH2_SEDNA Q1_LENS:LUMIX 14-140 WITH CPL....

• @thepalalias also when hacking in ptools should auto quantizer for 1080 and 720 modes be selected cause all the othe boxes are selected but those to everytime I hack my camera, but Ive seen in tutorials that othere people have the selected

• @DeShonDixon Some of the settings (like Sedna AQ1) do check them, so I do not manually go in and check them myself if the setting was designed without them. So, for normal use, the answer is no.

But if you are the more experimental type and want to start modifying settings, feel free - it's just changing the setting from the way it was designed originally. And I have my hands full testing just the original configurations sufficiently. :)

• OK. So someone on here told me that the GF3 did not actually have native 60i video and that the sensor was native 30p. Is this the same on the GH2? I have always heard that you should set your shutter speed to 2x the framerate. Is this statement still valid for the GH2? Or should I be setting the shutter speed to the same speed as the frame rate. (i.e. 24p = 1/25)

• @APXMusic I'm replying in a message since the question is not specific to Driftwood settings.

• URGENT PLEA: As you know Ive been busy on three videos shoots in the last few weeks.

I am in need of some stock Cityscape footage taken on GH2s for projecting onto the faces of a band in one of these videos. Preferably with hi contrast / daytime, If any of you have any material that would be of use and that we could use please get in touch ASAP. We need this by LATE TONIGHT. We are after tall buildings/skyscraper shots in bust business districts... It would be nice to have a few to add to what we already have. I won't be able to get on much still until I have wrapped by Wednesday.

Canis Majoris and Cluster v2 will be ready by the end of the coming week.

• @driftwood I don't have any shot on my GH2 but I do have some timelapses from Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo if that would be any good? I can put it up on mediafire, if you want to download it e-mail info (at) dalecampbell.co.uk

• Hey, i have a really big bad problem with my gh2. I have exezive color noise and muddy colors in my gh2 footage.

I use the quantum x v2 hack, but have also tried other. My lens is the pana 14-140.

The problems are in good lightning conditions and get really bad in darker conditions.

Here is an example :

fasgsaagh.png
    1273 x 528 - 867K
  • @DaleCampbell That would be great. We're looking at any cities worldwide. It would be nice to have Japan. Dropbox me of mediafire link me to driftwood.brighton@gmail.com

• @driftwood I'll get on it, what format? I could put prores 422 version or h.264?

• CITYSCAPE SHOTS - BUSY BUSINESS AREAS ETC... CLIPS REQUIRED URGENTLY FOR A MUSIC VIDEO h264 / compressed is ok as they are only being projected onto the bands faces... These look excellent. I have someone from Oz, someone from LA and a few more coming in, I need London, Paris, New York too! Only need around 30 secs to a minute of footage of each to use.

CREDIT will be given to all used.

• @thepalalias: Thanks for the hint towards the spreadsheet. Do I assume right that video modes not mentioned there were not tested, while those mentioned without comments work, and those mentioned with comments exhibited some problems?

(Meanwhile, I tried GOPZilla settings, which unlike Mysteron are stable for me, including spanning - I filled the 64GB, with ETC using a moving tree as the subject. I merged in the MJPEG settings from Mysteron, as those were stable for me with Mysteron, and GOPZilla does not modify the MJPEG modes.)

• @driftwood Hello Stranger. Check my GH2 posts on Vimeo, I believe there are two city pieces there, download. Good luck, They are shot in San Francisco.

• I have some timelapse of Wellington, New Zealand, if that's of use too.

• @driftwood Hello Stranger. Check my GH2 posts on Vimeo, I believe there are two city pieces there, download. Good luck, They are shot in San Francisco.

• Hi guys, just wanted to share with you my first test with the Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion), and first GH2 movie as well. Once again, many thanks to Driftwood for this. I've now switched to Mysteron and find it even more incredible.

• Hi to all! I use SEDNA B for with GH2 and Sandisk Extreme 64Gb for 3 days of shooting a fashion event. I have 3-4 write errors when I use a 14-140 in 140mm tele. But in rest it performs ok. After that I went to hills for shooting a short. It was extremle windy weather, everything in a frame was moving - grass, trees, water and camera was mounted on a car, that also was moving forward. From this moment problems started - I got write errors after 10-30 sec of recording (720@50p). Then I swiched to 1080HBR and camera start to freeze every time, after 5-15 sec of recording. I will post a video of that a little bit later. So, is there a better way to deal in such situations, when scene by itself very dynamic and camera movement dynamic too and if I need to shoot in tele mode in 140mm or more lens and all in 720@50p? May be SEDNA 20 is better in that case?

• @driftwood I have some nice shots of Yokohama from the water using Mysteron. What is the best way to send them to you?

• I also have a ton of other Japan footage, night time, day time.. snow storm etc.. city.. temples.. etc..

• @archilatrik I gotta say thats a beautiful piece of footage. Just incredible...very well done!!! Great work!!

• @synth You can try switching to a prime. The auto functions in the lenses take a ton of resources. My favorite is an old 28mm 2.8 Nikkor.

• @Synth The 14-140mm did seem to have more issues in the group test on intense patches than even the 20mm pancake, so that may contribute. In the meantime, if you haven`t tried Sedna Q20C, I would suggest giving it a go. It did better in the non-24H modes for the spanning tests than the other Sedna modes I tested so far.

• @peternap we can switch any auto lens to manual but we can never switch a manual lens to auto,.. Better buy a auto and use manual modes for Bokeh sub focus etc,... Nokton 25 is the best but u will miss some auto servo when Bokeh is required in motion shots,.. Buy a Lumix 25 mm and use it how ever u wish,.. All doors are open

• @thepalalias any further comparision between sedna and mysteron ??? Sedna in motion vs mysteron in motion ????

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions