Personal View site logo
New Panasonic Pro cameras and AF100 50p/60p software upgrade
  • 82 Replies sorted by
  • OK

The 4K Varicam with a small recording pack that harnesses AVC-Intra444 to its full potential, a modular form that optimizes field operability, and a sensor that faithfully reproduces a full 4K frame. We expect it to be welcomed in the world of 4K2K mastering.” Kunihiko Miyagi Director of Pro Video at Panasonic

Seems like paper announcment for now.

• @Vitaliy,

It was in my original initial post, which @disneytoy and I commented about.

• http://cinescopophilia.com/sneak-peek-pictures-of-the-panasonic-4k-varicam-camera/

"the camera looks to sport 3 separate units which may be upgradeable with new technology from Panasonic like their AVC-Ultra codec."

I'm glad to see so many new codec variations. I hope they will put a new one in the GH-3

• @bleach551

Where you see this "modular approach" ?

• The newcomer here, Class 200, will be a visually lossless codec supporting 720p, 1080i, and 1080/24p and 1080/60p. Bergeron said Class 200 would be suitable for ingesting tape-based media with no visible quality loss.

The new Class 444, aka AVC Intra444, is a 12-bit codec geared toward 1080p, 2K, and 4K media. It will be carrying 4K footage at about 400 Mbps in the Panasonic booth during the show.

AVC LongG is a 10-bit 4:2:2 codec that produces footage of a similar quality to MPEG-2 at about half the bit rate.

AVC Proxy, which scales from 800 kbps to 3.5 Mbps, depending on the bandwidth available, is geared toward cloud-based production — and probably those same news shooters Avid is targeting with its Interplay Sphere edit-anywhere system. At the highest quality level, AVC Proxy will carry an uncompressed audio signal.

• It Looks like Panasonic is trying a modular approach similar to RED.

• Now that's an ugly camera. But I'd like to know more about AVC-Intra444