Personal View site logo
Varavon Loupe EX GH1/GH2 , reviews, impressons
  • 110 Replies sorted by
  • As soon as i get some funds will be ordering one more a UNI variant, as I need it for GF2, as GF2 have no viewfinder and you can't connect HDMI monitor (the HDMI out does not work when pressing Record).

• Another rave review for the Varavon GH2 loupe! Thanks for swinging this great deal!

• @lenuisible

If you like use closed position, get UNI variant.

• @itimjim , i sold my 7" monitor as it was too big for the rig , i do have one lilliput 5" is quite OK, but sometimes is needed to configure the rig and make it slim, than I would use the ViewFinder :-)

@lenuisible , unfortunately not, i think they could make it work but this might be sales policy :-) if they made it to use with "closed" LCD i mean the LCD i viewable but in closed position that would be great and same one could be used probably even for other cameras , s GF2 etc ...

• @feha Nice review, can't it be used when the LCD is closed ?

• @feha Would you still use one of these even if you have a 7" monitor attached? Great review by the way.

• Yeah bought this a while back. Really cool device. I have used so many loupes, from Zacutos to China made brands, and while each served its purpose, every single one was custom built for Canon cameras till this came along. Damn, for the longest time, as a Panny user, I'd felt like an orphan. This device makes u feel justified, that finally Pannys do have a place in the industry.

• I got my Varavon loupe for GH2 today, can say WOW, this is a great build quality, did not know what i was missing until i got this and used a bit ...

• just got my loupe today! It works great, much better then the cheaper ones I have tried. Recommended for anyone with a Gh

• just picked up the loupe ex supporter. i feel that it'll be a great help on a shoulder rig. so i could minimized the configuration of it. meaning i wouldn't have to buy addition pieces to have the camera offset so my lcd wouldn't have to be directly in front of me. i'm very exciting on this purchase.