Personal View site logo
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • I ordered on Jan 14th and today I was told that they will ship around Feb 29th. Shit!

• @Alex who did you order with? I ordered at Photoconijnenberg on Jan 15th, they emailed today to say they still don't know when they are arriving.. having said that.. the price was right!

• Wish Voigtlander would announce a wide lens for micro four thirds.

Thinking about buying this lens, but I don't quite trust SLR Magic for a quality lens yet.

The Oylmpus is pretty good and available but I don't want all that auto jazz and focus by wire.

• @Alex same here.. (from fotokonijnenberg). I asked to cancel the order until they have it in stock.. Let's see what happens.

• @Alex I just got mine today. @Pechente It doesn't work. The lens is really small and short and you can't even use ff on it. @all The mount isn't that tight it looks like is off by one millimeter. I do not really know what to think about this lens. Another, thing I have noticed is that is harder to focus than any of my other lenses. I guess this lens it is in its own class that I'm not accustomed to.

• @Tommyboy What do you mean by hard to focus? Is the ring really hard to move? Do you have to spin it multiple times to do a rack focus? Or something eles?

• @Chaos123x Meaning is very sensitive and 1/2of mm can do a difference.

• @Tommyboy You CAN use an FF on this but it's hard to get a lens gear attached.

• yes, yes, Photoconijnenberg! I hate to spend money for getting into a "preorder loop" ... but fast and wide is what I'm missing. Fingers crossed that I don't get a loos mount version ...

• Just get a cinevate lens gear..

• meanwhile I'm having some fun with my new pinhole lens :-)

• @RRRR Thanks! Now I'll just need to find out how to get this in germany ;D The shops on their site don't seem to have it.

• no problems, there is an ebay retailer for cinevate gears!

• Some are saying this lens is really soft. Is that true?

I want something that will match my Voigtlander lenses pretty well. I see Voightlander makes a 12mm for M mount but it is really slow 5.6.

• Is the 2mm difference between this and the 14mm kit lens enough to justify this? I find I need a wider lens for my establishing shots and to me the speed isnt an issue since most wide shots I dont need shallow depth and they are usually exteriors.

• I'd certainly like to see more from this lens that actually shows what it's REALLY capable of producing. If someone who actually owns this lens, please throw up a rez chart (or frame a dense graph chart), and starting at f/1.6 start closing the lens down a stop at a time. Use controlled lighting and compensate for exposure via ND.

• @No_SuRReNDeR

Biggest advantage of 14mm is AF, size and weight and also software compensation of distortions. Plus with discounted GF2 kit it can be purchased for almost 0.

• @No_SuRReNDer

I find lens flare on the kit zoom is pretty ugly, in part due to the oddly shaped aperture (when stepped down).. Bokeh is also not very nice on the kit-zoom.

If you want the relationship between very close and distance (and play in-between) then there is no match, really.

But like you say, for establishing scenes then the 14mm kit zoom will suffice, no sweat.

• @Pechente

Not in my case

P1000240.JPG
    4976 x 2800 - 5M
    P1000242.JPG
    4976 x 2800 - 5M
  • Has anyone put a filter on it without causing any vignetting?

• @Pechente no problem using on my Tilta 4 x 4 matte box. Don't know about trust M tho.

@jimtreats, any 58mm filter will cause vignetting, but a step up ring to 67mm or larger will be fine so long as you are not stacking (then you'll need to go beyond 67mm

• Is there a difference between this lense with the yellow ring or the black ring on top (black or yellow version)?

Where can I get the yellow version in Germany. http://www.fotokonijnenberg.de/product/1602931/slr-magic-hyperprime-12mm-f16-mft.html

was a great tip, but it is the black version.

Thanks, Alex

• Why would you want the yellow version? It's easier to spot in reflections.

From what I know the yellow/green versions are the prototypes and have only been shipped to select testers / reviewer. They are worse than the one with the black ring since they produce flares much more easily.

• k thanks for the Info.