Personal View site logo
Official TZ10 Hack Project Discussion
  • 134 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks.

I made very good progress in last days.
    Really, only two patches remain. Manual video and PAL/NTSC switching using menu.
    Most probably, both won't be present in initial release as due to very significant software differencies I need too much time to understand how to implement them in the new way.
  • Thanks Vitaliy :). It was just a coincidence that I bought the TZ10 and didn't regret it. With your works even better :)
  • Oh well. Here's hoping you decide to share the firmware decryption method at some point in the future... ;)
  • @mizaru

I don't have such plans. It is much better to sell TZ7 and buy TZ10 if you want to use hacks in the future.
  • Vitaliy, do you think the knowledge gained from this could also be used to modify the TZ7 firmware (which I assume is quite similar to the TZ10)?
  • Awesome, to change Japanese to English was why I started the TZ10 decrypt thread on dvx after all. This is excellent! Feeling a little left out though :)
  • I spend big time on patches for TZ10 lately.
    Process is not finished yet, but progress is good.
  • Eu tb estou esperando essa porra faz tempo. :-)
  • Uau!!! Make my day!
    Em português... Muito bom!!!
    Thx.
  • Well done ! Looks promising ...

All Languages hack working on TZ10. :-)
    tz10_lang.jpg
    650 x 422 - 69K
  • >Should I get the Sony HX9V instead of waiting for a hack? I'm getting a good price on my Panny :)

It is up to you to decide :-)
  • Should I get the Sony HX9V instead of waiting for a hack? I'm getting a good price on my Panny :)
  • I really hope for an upcomming patch, including the ability to shoot in raw. Thank you Vitaliy for all your efforts to bring something new on the field!
  • >Manual video?

Yeah, this is a must.
  • This camera has CCD sensor, so no jello vision. Will make a good sports action cam with the housing i posted above. Waiting patently for the hack.

R
  • Looking forward to some pathes :) What can we expect from the hack? Manual video?
  • Good News ! Thx !
  • Small update.
    TZ10 firmware is still in the reversing stage (as it differs much more compared to GH line it require bunch of time).
    Most probably first patches will appear in Ptool in this month.
  • This is indeed excellent news. Spent quite a few days on the cipher back in the other thread. Let me know if I can help, I know my way around IDA.
  • >Is it possible for the TZ-10 to get something similar to IXUS/Powershot's CHDK

No, I do not think so.

>Can I get my hands on the description to decode the TZ-10 firmware myself?

You can not.
    With time IDA database for TZ10 will be available to interested owners, but not today.
    As for helping out, I am not against it. Send me primers of your actual projects via PM.
  • I recently bought a TZ-10 and would like to be able to use some extended features by a hack, thanks for doing this!
    Is it possible for the TZ-10 to get something similar to IXUS/Powershot's CHDK or was that a one-"shot"? :-)
    Can I get my hands on the description to decode the TZ-10 firmware myself? I'm a software engineer with interest and knowledge in C/C++, C#, assembler, FPGA's, microprocessors, could I do something to help out?
  • Vitaliy, you a hero !
    hehhe
  • I am very excited to hear about the progress on this project! Well done Vitaliy
  • I mean some kind of forum, but I leave it for you to decide, of course.