Personal View site logo
Beginners: Basic hacks questions
  • 1012 Replies sorted by
  • 1.) What, in layman's terms are the notable differences in these:
    cbrandin's 44M AQ4
    cbrandin's 66M AQ2
    mpgxsvcd's 42M AQ4
    driftwood's SPANmyBITCHup' INTRA

2.) Will they all record continuously? I think I am picking up on the word "spanning" as a way to define this. (right or wrong?)

I am shooting 24P with a class 6 card, for reference.
    Rob

• @pipoland, I have not heard this and wonder where you did. I think maybe you are confusing models. I have a GH2 I bought 1 month ago, and I had it hacked day one.

• hi again

1) in case others get the same error as above, to fix i reset all settings and reformatted the card.

2) a possible bug?
    i just updated my gh1 to use LPowell's GH1 & GF1 : Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch - Version 2.
    i also selected maximum iso limit removal.
    when not recording the selected iso was used
    when recording the ISO display changed to auto (i know this is a known bug)
    however the display (and recorded file) changed to what looked to be 200ISO,
    regardless of what it was set to!

otherwise . .. all is good

• hmmmmm it seems to have fixed itself
    ;)

ps
    thanks Vitaliy and everyone working on this for all your efforts
    (i'm making a donation)
  • i've updated my NTSC gh2 to cbrandin's 66M GOP12 AQ4
    when switching to PAL and trying to record
    i get "CANNOT RECORD. FILE NUMBER EXCEED LIMIT."

any thoughts?

thanks
  • FIRST: THANK YOU ALL FOR GREAT JOB with GH2 patched firmware :-) I want to buy a GH2 and I want to use the patched firmware. Can I buy any new GH2? I heard that some models (newer/older) can't be patched... maybe I am wrong. Thanks guys for your replay.
  • @stevegol, the Panasonic 45mb/s cards are very bad. IMHO.
  • Hi everybody.
    The Panasonic firmware update coming soon, with a new video mode and some features.
    Just want to ask if someone know what can we really expect from this update?
  • @mee i have the 32gb 45mb/s. I have a 64gb sdxc on the way.
    Has anybody noticed some of the other features not working after using the patches? I cant get the highlight feature to work.
  • Panasonic cards are very good
  • @mee

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sdxc-sdhc-uhs-i,2940-14.html

recommended card for best throughput was the Kensington Ultimate XX, however the new Sandisk sdxc might be comparable, don't have benchmarks on those yet.
  • egh, like pulling teeth, but they are finally budging. I will post what they offered in the sandisk extreme card section. Would appreciate some advice.
  • Anyone have any experience with panasonic cards? After waiting ridiculously long for simple responses from sandisks online help desk I am getting fed up with this company fast.
  • @jeffryalan WOW, that sure does explain allot. I was already pissed at this card and sandisk, now I am more pissed. Anyone know if I can simply say I am extremely dissatisfied with this cards minimum write speeds for my return? I had a less than satisfactory experience chatting with one of their people, but I did not have this info at the time.
  • hello, it's my first post, so sorry for my basic english. I ve done a short film in 16mm (so 1,33 ratio) and i would like to continue this film but with my GH2. i tried to find the answer but ... what the better way to have the better result in 4/3 image. is there any patche existing, is it the same way than anamorphic expérience? thank you for all your works.
  • Sandisk Extreme 16 GB 32 MB/s has the highest benchmark for minimum write speed (16.6 MB/s)

Sandisk Extreme Pro 16 GB 45 MB/s has the worst minimum write speed (800 KB/s), which is the reason it fails

(larger capacity cards more recent than this test done May 24, 2011 not included)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sdxc-sdhc-uhs-i,2940-12.html

h2benchw_throughput_write.png
    450 x 1360 - 53K
    h2benchw_throughput_write.png
    1800 x 5440 - 2M
  • @kenoah, refer to my post above. I have the 16gb 45mb/s from sandisk and it has all kinds of errors if I try to use seaquake. Aquamotion2 works well except for 80% slowdown, and a few other rare errors. Allot of people have mentioned problems with this card line.
  • @frogman, I am guessing it is your card. I have a sandisk 45mbps card, and I still have issues with aqua2, seaquake, and the seaquake for lesser class 10's. Try spanmybitchup from driftwood. I have had no problems using this patch. I am going to be returning my sandisk, but want to save up for the 64gb 95mbps sandisk card since this apparently is tits as the kids say.
  • @jard667
    forget HDV, wrong frame size, just use avchd

@glebnagorny
    No, no matter what patch you're using, the codec is based on the avchd standard. Everything works as it should with avchd, 1080p progressive 24.

actually with the hack I have found files easier and faster to edit with in both PP and AE
  • @stefanos

What about hacks, like "Seaquake"? It should be AVC-Intra 100 preset then?
  • @stefanos
    Thank you.

And where is basicaly the main difference between these 2 settings?
    If I will use 2nd setting, should I expect problems with export?

1/ Video Settings
    Frame size: 1920h 1080v (1,0000)
    Frame rate: 23,976 frames/second
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
    Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

2/ Video Settings
    Frame size: 1440h 1080v (1,3333)
    Frame rate: 23,976 frames/second
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)
    Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)
  • gh2 premiere.jpg
    1882 x 876 - 178K
  • GH2 and CS5 - which sequence setting should i use:
    HDV 1080p24
    or
    DSLR 1080p24

Thanks
  • Is there a possibility to get HDMI out on an external screen shooting in the crop modus? Any news or possibilities?

Thanks!
  • Aqua2 working perfectly now. I changed the dimension settings back and fixed the playback problem. I ordered a 64gb card and will be tesing out the seaqu
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions