Personal View site logo
BOSMA G1 8K camera - Another Chinese camera

The BOSMA G1 8K features a Micro Four Thirds (MFT)-sized image sensor and is capable of recording in 8K/30p and 4K/60p resolutions.

https://ymcinema.com/2021/04/24/bosma-g1-8k-camera-released-mft-sensor-that-shoots-8k-30p/

“8K high-resolution video streaming can be implemented in a wide range of fields such as live video distribution and aerial videography”, the company said. The Micro Four Thirds form factor enables a the BOSMA G1 8K to have a compact form factor.

• 7680 x 4320 pixel resolution (approximately 33 million) (4/3 CMOS image sensor, 18.84 mm x 10.60 mm);
    • 8K/30p real-time streaming over HDMI 2.1 output;
    • RTSP and SRT video transmission protocol support;
    • CFast 2.0;
    • long recording time capability via connection to an external SSD and remote control functionality.

The camera encodes video in H.265 HEVC Main 10 Profile and High Profile H.264/AVC. Sound/voice codecs are handled as AAC/PCM, and video file containers include MOV/MP4. Recording bit rates are 200M for 8K/30p and 100M for 4K/60p. Color tone is 10 and 8 bits, while sound is either 24 or 16 bits with sample rates of 48 kHz and 44.1 kHz.

• Bit rate control methods are VBR and CBR, and available frame rates for 8K include 30/25/24 fps and for 4K 60/50/30/25/24 fps.
    • Using color gamuts of SDR BT.709 and HDR BT.2020, and will dynamic range as SDR8, SD10, and HDR10.
    • The included single HDMI output handles a maximum of 8K/30p.
    • The camera will record normal and time-lapse speeds.
    • The camera is supplied with single 3.5mm audio input and outputs; a 5-pin LECO (XLR 2ch) terminal, and include built-in stereo mic.
    • Has both an ethernet port and IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz).
    • Uses CFast2.0 card slot (exFAT compatible) for storage.
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • something smells strange here,

only records up to 30 minutes, what is this?????!! passed like a photo camera then used as a videocamera for paying less taxes????

What is this !!!! bitrate limited to 200mb 8k30p and 100mbps at 4k 60p.

10 bit no external RAW and you tell me $5000 is cheap!! damm sure the know something i dont.

• Woooooho, another ultra-hackable shit!

• I mean, if you want an 8K cube get the Z Cam F8.

• @DrDave

It is nice to have alternative, as no one knows the amount of chips Z-CAM still have. As the supply will end (I expected it to start really happening in February already, but they got new batch) it will be the end of Z_CAM as we know it, they will need totally new cameras and designs.

As I told - they already are selecting the models they like to sell to dealers, at least outside major markets.

• Saw somewhere that this camera probably uses the same sensor as the (dead?) 8k camera from Sharp.

Anyone knows who is making this sensor?

• It would be better if it did 8k 60p, but what do you want for $5000?

• All suddenly kinefinity sounds good.

• 12 bit fanless global shutter, I like the sound of that. https://www.astrodesign.co.jp/english/product/ab-4830_ac-4829

• Specs for the model 4830--12 bit global shutter fanless.

Screenshot_2021-05-15 AB-4830 AC-4829 Multi-Purpose Camera System ASTRODESIGN Inc.png
    904 x 573 - 30K
  • 12 but and 12 stops DR doesn’t sound bad at all for a global shutter sensor.

I’m planning on buying the chronos 2.1 for appetite appeal shots for food products and effects. Any comments on that camera?