Personal View site logo
Coronavirus: Masks and respirators discussion
  • 163 Replies sorted by

sa13577.jpg
    650 x 422 - 26K
  • Little strange thing, as mask must for for you (instead of mass media is bulshitting).

And all the masks shoed are very bad in thsi regard.

• Did the person record this video wear mask -;) lolll? And what was with the one wearing mask , did he get Covid on his own mask?

• @Vitaliy...this proves that all corona patients should be living on the roof, not under the roof !

• First proper mask

sa13635.jpg
    637 x 364 - 39K
  • https://www.amazon.com/10PCS-Reusable-%F0%9D%90%8C%F0%9D%90%80%F0%9D%90%92%F0%9D%90%8A-Filtration-95/dp/B089Y9X7D9/ref=sr_1_11?crid=3HORQKQVE1EP5&dchild=1&keywords=kn95&qid=1594823964&sprefix=kn%2Caps%2C317&sr=8-11 ..... this is almost the only "n95" available in mexico. Actually it's kn95 which means it's chinese. Some articles say kn95 nowhere near n95 spec. It has all of these transparent holes possibly made by heat press adhesive technology which seem suspicious. And....the kicker...compared to my 3m lightweight doesn't appear to have any air resistance, which would mean it's actually filtering the air. My 3m (ibelieve 9010) I'd give an 8....this I'd give a 3....which I guess means I've got to use 2 at a time !

• @kurth

Just never buy this chinese kn95 things, as no one knows if it even work as 95% filter (most probably it is not).

Look for 3M half masks on international used market (but measure face before this), and get filters on aliexpress (I posted links).

I propose 6500 QL lineup as Chinese never made copies and it is much more handy for real people usage, all of them are original.

• @kurth

I do not support such "tests", as they tol exactly nothing about small particles filtering.

Not only this, but all this shit is not comparable to 99,95% 3M filters (plus 3M filters are closed design).

I talked to few doctors and they told that open respirators are NOT made for medicine usage, in real life they require assistant to carefully remove it and instantly put into closed disinfection area or dump .

• 3m 9010 does pretty good.... https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/can-masks-capture-coronavirus/......problem is 3m are sold out worldwide I'd guess. If you can't buy something in mexico, generally you can't buy it.

• @kurth

Stop spending time and money on crap (3M respirators are such, especially molded ones).

Respirator without exhale valve is completely unusable shit.

Spend few hours, find 3M half mask on international ebay and later get new filters on aliexpress, period.

• @Vitaliy....terrible advice. No one's gonna go to the store with a respirator ! And btw, masks with exhale valves are useless to protect other people from your coronabreath. And an obviously easily flawed design element, if the one way valve isn't perfect. Regardless I own 3. Just bought a 3m 8577. I'll give it a run. I'm of the opinion that fit is 95% of the problem...and slow and easy breathing. I'm testing augmenting the mask seat with vaseline.

• .terrible advice. No one's gonna go to the store with a respirator !

Have no idea that you mean. No one will go to store with half face 3M mask? Are you kidding?

masks with exhale valves are useless to protect other people from your coronabreath.

Whole thing with "protect other people" narrative is made to prevent people to use real protection.

Proper thing is not for this, it is to protect you specifically.

And an obviously easily flawed design element, if the one way valve isn't perfect.

Do you understand that in 3M they are also made for blocking poisonus gases also? 3M modern valve is extremely reliable and it is always being tested during sealing test.

Just bought a 3m 8577. I'll give it a run. I'm of the opinion that fit is 95% of the problem...and slow and easy breathing. I'm testing augmenting the mask seat with vaseline.

As I told you are spending so much of your time and efforts on nothing.

• @Vitaliy....I've seen absolutely zero people wearing a half face respirator, not only in the town where I live and shop for food and other necessities, nor in the news clips of the country. And if a n95 face mask is uncomfortable after 5 minutes, imagine a respirator with that rubber contraption. Looks like silence of the lambs. That's why it's not good advice. It has to be within the realm of comfort and usability, where you'll always use it every time. And like I said 95% of the problem is the fit...on masks and respirators. The respirators only work better because they fit tighter, which in turn, makes them more uncomfortable. A 3m n95 that's sealed will be as effective as any respirator contraption since both use filters. You're trying to sell people into a system which requires constant buying filter replacements and maintenance, and is more difficult to easily use , which is the key. To have it available. I've found that 3m 9010's are reusable, with possibly countless wash cycles, and are as light, cool and comfortable as can be expected. I would however, under travel conditions, consider taking your advice, since an airplane or bus are the most dangerous environments.

• I've seen absolutely zero people wearing a half face respirator, not only in the town where I live and shop for food and other necessities, nor in the news clips of the country.

And? You also see zero people on Teslas in poor Africa cities, does it mean Tesla is bad car?

For example locally news outlets had been instructed to never promote and show good respirators with valve and half masks to keep them cheaper and available for medical workers (all of them use only such things with more and more half and full face masks by 3M).

And if a n95 face mask is uncomfortable after 5 minutes, imagine a respirator with that rubber contraption.

Half mask is MOST comfortable for prolonged use, as it is made for professionals using them constantly.

You also try to compare it to thing without exale valve that is complete horror :-).

Looks like silence of the lambs.

You like to tell me how you are not indoctrinated by mass media (but keep retelling me their points).

Why do you care? Modern people do not care, only questions I got for around 3 months is where to get such :-)

The respirators only work better because they fit tighter, which in turn, makes them more uncomfortable.

Why you try to talk about things you do not know?

A 3m n95 that's sealed will be as effective as any respirator contraption since both use filters

No, 3M formed respirators are WORSE among almost all options available (filters are good, but respirator fit and such is very bad).

Here many medical workers had been supplied by 3M stuff, they hate respirators and try to get our domestic Alina brand ones. But they love 3M half and full face masks.

You're trying to sell people into a system which requires constant buying filter replacements and maintenance, and is more difficult to easily use , which is the key.

Are you ok today? Pair of filters for half mask last 4-5 months of everyday use. They are cheap (here they are around $5-7, on aliexpress it is $11). They are of superb quality (99,95% and each batch is tested and certified).

I've found that 3m 9010's are reusable, with possibly countless wash cycles, and are as light, cool and comfortable as can be expected.

Of course it is reusable, issue is that as you remove it you have very high chance to catch virus. Do not wash it, it is bad idea!

• @Vitaliy...like I said, if I decide to go on a trip in a plane or bus, or decide to work in ER in a corona hospital ....I'll consider your advice. And it's simple to remove a mask w/o touching it's outside active surface and hang it in the sun. And there's lot's of videos about washing masks. It's not a bad idea. I've done it with soft soap and water and let it dry for a day and it's effectivity, judged by it's air resistance is unchanged. Ask your readers how many are using half face mask respirtators. I'd bet you're a majority of one.

• @kurth

like I said, if I decide to go on a trip in a plane or bus, or decide to work in ER in a corona hospital ....I'll consider your advice.

This is called lack of logic.

You somehow try to apply probability approach that mass media is pushing into your own personal situation, it simply does not work such way.

And it's simple to remove a mask w/o touching it's outside active surface and hang it in the sun.

No, it is not simple, I specially talked to medical workers.

And there's lot's of videos about washing masks. It's not a bad idea. I've done it with soft soap and water and let it dry for a day and it's effectivity, judged by it's air resistance is unchanged.

I do not care about youtube videos on such subject, I prefer to talk to filter experts and manufacturer. Their response - do not wash, never.

Ask your readers how many are using half face mask respirtators. I'd bet you're a majority of one.

Never bet on the things you do not know (and you keep doing this).

I know few local sellers of such things personally and some guys who use such, I am extremely far from one.

In top cities like Moscow, Peterburg and special science center small cities that we have - half mask had been gone in one week (sellers had around 200-250 half masks in stock each).

Now despite extremely bad situation propoganda made people to ignore any protection (as business owners push them), but this is changing and will change very fast soon.

• @Vitaliy...."but this is changing and will change very fast soon." ...only if the bubonic plague from mongolia gets aerosolized ! ""Never bet on the things you do not know "" well...just ask them. Are there any persons, conscious or otherwise, reading this who are using on a daily basis a half mask respirator with replaceable n95 or n99 filters ? And.... who's using just a regular 3m n95 or copies thereof ? There ...let's see if anyone responds.

• @kurth

Are there any persons, conscious or otherwise, reading this who are using on a daily basis a half mask respirator with replaceable n95 or n99 filters ? And.... who's using just a regular 3m n95 or copies thereof ? There ...let's see if anyone responds.

You issue is that you constantly publically want to rely on some herd instead of iron logic and your own mind.

Even in PV private messages I got 5 messages since start fo protection topic thanking me about half mask and how nice it is. I expect that around 25-50 people started using them, but most are not regular PV readers, just look around occassionally.

sa13798.jpg
    492 x 803 - 59K
  • It took really long time

sa13821.jpg
    740 x 495 - 53K
  • Nice led mask with proper tetx on it wher you will be by wearing it - six feet under

http://www.lumencouture.com/buy-led-light-up-dresses/shop-tech-warning-face-mask/

sa13880.jpg
    800 x 430 - 40K